march boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 26, 2013
I was very excited to try this product. The set up was easy, my (two) cats took to it right away and it seemed in good working order. I thought I would never have to scoop litter again!
That is until I went to check on it later in the day and found the clean litter tossed over the sides onto the floor. The unfortunate problem is with the design. After the cats do their business they use their paws to cover it. Well, because the litter guard is too low, they end up scooping the litter out of the box. The largest mound is where there is a dip in the guard. I assume that is to make it easy for the cats to enter. The box is so low to the ground that it really doesn't need to be part of the design. Every time they use it they must paw out about 2 cups of litter. So I have been scooping it off the floor and back into the box. There goes my dream of never scooping litter again. I will be returning this and contacting the company with hopes that they improve the design.
on April 21, 2015
GARBAGE ! Makes LOUD and ANNOYING noises since day one. After a week of use it's just getting worst. PetSafe customer support is USELESS and they keep telling me to call the 800 number to get support. It's easier and faster to just return the whole unit to Amazon. I have tried the Litter Robot and different automatic litters, PetSafe is the worst so far. Waste of money and waste of time trying to get online support.

Edit: The unit just died today. Light doesn't even turns up when i connect it. The litter and conveyer doesn't move anymore. It didn't even last 10 days before totally dying.
PetSafe customer support is still not helping me, if they sent the replacements parts when i first asked for them i would probably have them already but now it will probably take another month until i can finally use this junk. Why does a company have online support if they refuse to help you beside repeating to call the phone number to get support ? We aren't living in 1990, all companies in the world offer online support so why not PetSafe ?

Update: they sent me replacement motors, a few days later the noise came back.
I bought two litters because i have 2 cats and both are making horrible noise. I bought two timers and let the litters run only 3 hours per day, but it still wakes me up in the middle of the night. There is nothing to do to stop the noise.
on March 22, 2013
I've had this product for about 8 months and absolutely love it. I've always used good quality litter, so I have had no problems with small clumps and the unit has worked very well. I agree with the other poster who pointed out that the cats tend to spray litter over the sides. This happens to me too, because the plastic side guards aren't quite high enough. What I have done is put a kitty litter mat in front of the box. All the kitty litter that is sprayed out by my overzealous kitties lands on the mat and I can easily dump it back into the box after a few days.

I have two smaller sized cats, and I typically go about 3 days between having to empty the bin. I tell you, this product is amazing. Much better than sifting through cat poop every day!
on March 12, 2014
So this is a product that WHEN USED CORRECTLY will make your life so much easier.

We have a 1 cat household, used to have 2 cats when we first bought this.

It's SO EASY, and the use of grocery bags in the catcher is the best thing since nutella. It does occasionally and always has made some noises here and there but mostly prior to now that was poop collecting in the in or moving up the ramp. After nearly 3 years the motor is finally giving way so we're out to buy another.

Once a month we would take it apart and clean it wholly (all moving parts and dish) and oil up moving parts, and spray the base with pam or olive oil. Maybe that's how we were so successful at having this run for so long. Either way... LOVE THIS.

UPDATE: I purchased another one and I didn't even need to!!! If I had contacted customer service I could have purchased new motor parts! I can't express my love enough for this item and the company!! Now I'm going to buy a water dish!
on February 27, 2014
I initially am thrilled with my PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous Litter Box.

It is lightweight and easy to assemble.

It works fine and as advertised. I have a large cat who took to it right away with no trouble at all! :)

The design is far superior to the raking litter box type - I previously had a Littermaid elite - which was a dirty, smelly mess!

My only disappointment is the lid/cover which covers all the moving conveyor belt - mine seems to not engage properly or has a hairpin trigger, the cover with the slightest nudge comes loose and causes the unit to stop working. This protective lid or cover must be aligned and engaged for the unit to operate correctly. I have read other reviews where users had to weigh the lid down to make the unit continue to operate.

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
I called PetSafe and found there customer service and response outstanding! The support person had a unit infront of them, tried to replicate the issue and decided to send me out a new replacement! I'm thrilled. In addition, they will continue to support their product for a full year and then a limited warranty for an additional 5 - whereby you can get replacement motors or new unit at a heavy discount!!! Wow.

Really and truly, nothing to lose here. Buy this product, it works and be assured the company supports what they sell!
on January 9, 2014
Once I received my order, I set the box up as per the instructions. Surprisingly, there was zero adjustment time with my cat -- she took to it IMMEDIATELY.

It's hard to believe it was working at first. The bowl rotates very slowly, to facilitate usage from your cat. It moves at about one rotation per hour.

The advantages to this unit are obvious. I've had it set up for over a week and have yet to clean it, replace letter, or dump the receptacle. The litter is smooth, even and clean.

The downsides, however, is that this unit is large and noisy, and if your cat likes to kick litter, there is almost zero defense against that. The retaining wall is much too short to prevent a mess.

About a day after I got the unit it started making this plasticy creaking noise, followed by a loud POP, every 30 - 45 seconds or so. Surprisingly, it doesn't scare off my cat; but I can imagine the noise being quite disturbing to others.

The company does stand behind their product, and they will provide pretty prompt technical support and suggestions. If that fails, they usually do not hesitate to send out a new unit.

EDIT 02/06/2014: Downgraded this from 3 stars to 2 stars. The unit is just so cheaply built, that one of the retaining screws that bolt the conveyor into place is now simply just free-spinning, which no longer holds the "wall" of the bowl in place, which means that litter goes EVERYWHERE now. I've now had to try to fix it with duct-tape, but that's only a temporary measure... and errect a garbage-bag "retaining" wall around the entire unit to catch any stray litter.

In my opinion, this product is in need of a re-design, or a "version 2" -- something of higher quality would be great, as well as a full enclosure around the entire unit to catch any mess... The "wall" ontop of the bowl just does not cut it!
on October 7, 2015
I carefully read all the reviews before purchasing this item. When it works, it is great but by the second week it was making the sounds others had described and we had to unplug it every day to give it a break. It also has difficulty keeping the cover tight enough to activate the switch underneath that connects the power. We've had to jerry rig it to get enough pressure on the post underneath the cover to keep it running. It has worked well once we got the power going and the fact that it feeds into grocery bags is a nice feature.

UPDATE: Customer service sent us a replacement unit. It died within 2 weeks. We are going to request ANOTHER replacement but this is not worth all the hassle for this item.
on November 27, 2015
Not big enough and the walls are too low. We ended up throwing it out after 6 months as the cats constantly peed over the edge (while standing in the box!). Scooping litter is preferred over cleaning pee off the floor. The only "support" PetSafe gave was "oh, it's probably behavioral, you may need more boxes"... we had 3 other boxes out that were being used no problem.

Save your money and stick with a regular litter box!
on February 14, 2014
They are great.. But ware out very quickly... We are already on our second and it has not even been a year yet.. But now that we have one we can't go without it
on September 20, 2014
My husband loves it, we have other types of automatic litter boxes but this one is the best. It did make noise before but that was when we used clay litter, now we use wheat litter and it doesn't make any more noise! We haven't had any other problems with it. It doesn't stink and doesn't need much attention or cleaning at all! We have multiple cats and we are going to get a second one to replace our other ones.