5.0 out of 5 stars Overall excellent! Best money I've spent on my cats.
Published 13 months ago by mdburges

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but Messy
I was very excited to try this product. The set up was easy, my (two) cats took to it right away and it seemed in good working order. I thought I would never have to scoop litter again!
Published 14 months ago by MLP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but Messy, Jan. 26 2013
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
That is until I went to check on it later in the day and found the clean litter tossed over the sides onto the floor. The unfortunate problem is with the design. After the cats do their business they use their paws to cover it. Well, because the litter guard is too low, they end up scooping the litter out of the box. The largest mound is where there is a dip in the guard. I assume that is to make it easy for the cats to enter. The box is so low to the ground that it really doesn't need to be part of the design. Every time they use it they must paw out about 2 cups of litter. So I have been scooping it off the floor and back into the box. There goes my dream of never scooping litter again. I will be returning this and contacting the company with hopes that they improve the design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall excellent! Best money I've spent on my cats., March 22 2013
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
I've had this product for about 8 months and absolutely love it. I've always used good quality litter, so I have had no problems with small clumps and the unit has worked very well. I agree with the other poster who pointed out that the cats tend to spray litter over the sides. This happens to me too, because the plastic side guards aren't quite high enough. What I have done is put a kitty litter mat in front of the box. All the kitty litter that is sprayed out by my overzealous kitties lands on the mat and I can easily dump it back into the box after a few days.

I have two smaller sized cats, and I typically go about 3 days between having to empty the bin. I tell you, this product is amazing. Much better than sifting through cat poop every day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Lid too loose!, Feb. 27 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
I initially am thrilled with my PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous Litter Box.

It is lightweight and easy to assemble.

It works fine and as advertised. I have a large cat who took to it right away with no trouble at all! :)

The design is far superior to the raking litter box type - I previously had a Littermaid elite - which was a dirty, smelly mess!

My only disappointment is the lid/cover which covers all the moving conveyor belt - mine seems to not engage properly or has a hairpin trigger, the cover with the slightest nudge comes loose and causes the unit to stop working. This protective lid or cover must be aligned and engaged for the unit to operate correctly. I have read other reviews where users had to weigh the lid down to make the unit continue to operate.

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
I called PetSafe and found there customer service and response outstanding! The support person had a unit infront of them, tried to replicate the issue and decided to send me out a new replacement! I'm thrilled. In addition, they will continue to support their product for a full year and then a limited warranty for an additional 5 - whereby you can get replacement motors or new unit at a heavy discount!!! Wow.

Really and truly, nothing to lose here. Buy this product, it works and be assured the company supports what they sell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - loved by me and my cat, Feb. 18 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
Perfect - I love it and the cat loves it!!! Slightly newer design and we love it. Need to fix the splash guard as it does not click into place very well. I will figure it out but it sure is a clean way to have cats in our home.

2.0 out of 5 stars makes way too much noise, April 3 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
The unit seems to make quite a bit of noise. I don't know if it is just this unit but it makes vibration noises as it runs. You can stop it for a bit of time by moving the litter bowl manually but that only resolves the noise for less than a minute. Unfortunately, this noise scares my cat and even though we left it turned off for over a week, so that our cat would get use to using it, once it was turned on the noise tends to chase the cat away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to have it replaced, April 1 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
If it makes noise.. or the lid wont stay on - dont zip tie it.. or rest a brick on it.. or trick the sensors.. Call PetSafe and they will send you a new one. They have excellent service. The item is 5 starts once it works, I am only giving it three because of my experience with a defective unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was great for the first six months........, April 1 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
Like the other 1 star reviews it is noisy and clunky and yes it did stink too. But after six months the bowl stopped working and I contacted customer service and they sent me a free replacement motor which is good. I replaced that and 7-8 months later the motor went on the conveyor belt thingy, and they sent me a free replacement. Good.
6 months later the bowl stopped turning AGAIN!! Sent another email to them a couple weeks ago and yet still to hear a response. I think kitty litter gets into the gears and strips the plastic cogs. Plus the area where the cats can actually do their business is too small causing them to poop on the outside onto the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Petsafe Simply Clean Continuous Clean Litter Box, March 28 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
I am very happy with this litter box! It works and cleans much better than I even expected. My cat loves it also. I would highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small for a 12 lb cat, March 25 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
This litter box is okay. The problem is that it's too shallow so when my cat goes in a uses it, he scratches causing excessive litter to escape. The product was not working properly as it was partially opened when I received it. There was no excessive layer to product packaging during shipment. I had to call the manufacturer to get a replacement. The litter box was making excessive clicking sounds and manufacturer could not trouble-shoot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works amazingly (2 years owned now), March 12 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box (Misc.)
So this is a product that WHEN USED CORRECTLY will make your life so much easier.

We have a 1 cat household, used to have 2 cats when we first bought this.

It's SO EASY, and the use of grocery bags in the catcher is the best thing since nutella. It does occasionally and always has made some noises here and there but mostly prior to now that was poop collecting in the in or moving up the ramp. After nearly 3 years the motor is finally giving way so we're out to buy another.

Once a month we would take it apart and clean it wholly (all moving parts and dish) and oil up moving parts, and spray the base with pam or olive oil. Maybe that's how we were so successful at having this run for so long. Either way... LOVE THIS.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›