5.0 out of 5 stars Overall excellent! Best money I've spent on my cats.
Published on March 22 2013 by mdburges

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but Messy
I was very excited to try this product. The set up was easy, my (two) cats took to it right away and it seemed in good working order. I thought I would never have to scoop litter again!
Published on Jan. 26 2013 by MLP

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but Messy, Jan. 26 2013
Ce commentaire est de: PetSafe PAL17-10786 Simply Clean Continuous-cleaning Litter Box (Misc.)
That is until I went to check on it later in the day and found the clean litter tossed over the sides onto the floor. The unfortunate problem is with the design. After the cats do their business they use their paws to cover it. Well, because the litter guard is too low, they end up scooping the litter out of the box. The largest mound is where there is a dip in the guard. I assume that is to make it easy for the cats to enter. The box is so low to the ground that it really doesn't need to be part of the design. Every time they use it they must paw out about 2 cups of litter. So I have been scooping it off the floor and back into the box. There goes my dream of never scooping litter again. I will be returning this and contacting the company with hopes that they improve the design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall excellent! Best money I've spent on my cats., March 22 2013
I've had this product for about 8 months and absolutely love it. I've always used good quality litter, so I have had no problems with small clumps and the unit has worked very well. I agree with the other poster who pointed out that the cats tend to spray litter over the sides. This happens to me too, because the plastic side guards aren't quite high enough. What I have done is put a kitty litter mat in front of the box. All the kitty litter that is sprayed out by my overzealous kitties lands on the mat and I can easily dump it back into the box after a few days.

I have two smaller sized cats, and I typically go about 3 days between having to empty the bin. I tell you, this product is amazing. Much better than sifting through cat poop every day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works amazingly (2 years owned now), March 12 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
So this is a product that WHEN USED CORRECTLY will make your life so much easier.

We have a 1 cat household, used to have 2 cats when we first bought this.

It's SO EASY, and the use of grocery bags in the catcher is the best thing since nutella. It does occasionally and always has made some noises here and there but mostly prior to now that was poop collecting in the in or moving up the ramp. After nearly 3 years the motor is finally giving way so we're out to buy another.

Once a month we would take it apart and clean it wholly (all moving parts and dish) and oil up moving parts, and spray the base with pam or olive oil. Maybe that's how we were so successful at having this run for so long. Either way... LOVE THIS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Lid too loose!, Feb. 27 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I initially am thrilled with my PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous Litter Box.

It is lightweight and easy to assemble.

It works fine and as advertised. I have a large cat who took to it right away with no trouble at all! :)

The design is far superior to the raking litter box type - I previously had a Littermaid elite - which was a dirty, smelly mess!

My only disappointment is the lid/cover which covers all the moving conveyor belt - mine seems to not engage properly or has a hairpin trigger, the cover with the slightest nudge comes loose and causes the unit to stop working. This protective lid or cover must be aligned and engaged for the unit to operate correctly. I have read other reviews where users had to weigh the lid down to make the unit continue to operate.

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
I called PetSafe and found there customer service and response outstanding! The support person had a unit infront of them, tried to replicate the issue and decided to send me out a new replacement! I'm thrilled. In addition, they will continue to support their product for a full year and then a limited warranty for an additional 5 - whereby you can get replacement motors or new unit at a heavy discount!!! Wow.

Really and truly, nothing to lose here. Buy this product, it works and be assured the company supports what they sell!

2.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised... With a Catch, Jan. 9 2014
Patrick Groves (Canada, eh?) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Once I received my order, I set the box up as per the instructions. Surprisingly, there was zero adjustment time with my cat -- she took to it IMMEDIATELY.

It's hard to believe it was working at first. The bowl rotates very slowly, to facilitate usage from your cat. It moves at about one rotation per hour.

The advantages to this unit are obvious. I've had it set up for over a week and have yet to clean it, replace letter, or dump the receptacle. The litter is smooth, even and clean.

The downsides, however, is that this unit is large and noisy, and if your cat likes to kick litter, there is almost zero defense against that. The retaining wall is much too short to prevent a mess.

About a day after I got the unit it started making this plasticy creaking noise, followed by a loud POP, every 30 - 45 seconds or so. Surprisingly, it doesn't scare off my cat; but I can imagine the noise being quite disturbing to others.

The company does stand behind their product, and they will provide pretty prompt technical support and suggestions. If that fails, they usually do not hesitate to send out a new unit.

EDIT 02/06/2014: Downgraded this from 3 stars to 2 stars. The unit is just so cheaply built, that one of the retaining screws that bolt the conveyor into place is now simply just free-spinning, which no longer holds the "wall" of the bowl in place, which means that litter goes EVERYWHERE now. I've now had to try to fix it with duct-tape, but that's only a temporary measure... and errect a garbage-bag "retaining" wall around the entire unit to catch any stray litter.

In my opinion, this product is in need of a re-design, or a "version 2" -- something of higher quality would be great, as well as a full enclosure around the entire unit to catch any mess... The "wall" ontop of the bowl just does not cut it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, Feb. 14 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
They are great.. But ware out very quickly... We are already on our second and it has not even been a year yet.. But now that we have one we can't go without it

5.0 out of 5 stars It depends on the type of litter you use!, Sept. 20 2014
My husband loves it, we have other types of automatic litter boxes but this one is the best. It did make noise before but that was when we used clay litter, now we use wheat litter and it doesn't make any more noise! We haven't had any other problems with it. It doesn't stink and doesn't need much attention or cleaning at all! We have multiple cats and we are going to get a second one to replace our other ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Saves time and money, March 10 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought this litter box for my two indoor cats about a month ago now and all I can say is that I love it!
Before getting this litter box, I was having to scoop/clean the litter at least every three days. If the litter box wasn't cleaned to my cats standard, I would find pleasant surprises left around the house. This litter box has definitely got rid of that bad habit! I'll never have to scoop litter again! It also saves me money on litter. I find that I am not having to replace my litter as often as I did with a plain jane litter box.
The only one thing I don't like about this litter box (as it says in other reviews) is that the side walls are too short. The cats kick the litter outside the box like there is no tomorrow. I had to place a mat underneath to catch all the escaping litter.
Other than that one thing though, it works great! Runs quietly, smoothly and is a definite time saver!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Cat Accessory - we love it, Sept. 30 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
So Far working very well and performing as advertised. Set up per instructions and installed in minutes under the watchful eye of our little Miss. She liked it so much she couldn't wait to try it out. First use before I had a chance to walk away after the installation and no problems since. Litter level needs to be maintained at the correct depth has a slight tendency to pile up at the bottom ramp but nothing insurmountable. We get some litter tossed out by her from time to time but not too much I could see a more vigorous digger might send more litter over the side.Regular monitoring of it and an occasional hand scooping keeps all tidy and well. I would not recommend for a large cat but for less than 15 pounds is perfect. Reduces litter odour to an absolute minimum and is a cleaner and healthier set up for all involved. Four Paws from our little lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a good purchase!, March 8 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
One of my best purchases
EVER!
I used to have a completely self-cleaning cat litter that required connections to the cold water and drain of the washing machine, it took a huge amount of space and required special litter that was quite expensive. It worked well, but needed a good cleaning about once a month, bugged more often than I'd liked, and turned out to be too expensive to maintain.
So I was skeptical and hesitant about trying a new automated machine.

However, this one exceeded my expectations! We've had it for months and it works like a charm. We reduced drastically our spendings on cat litter, and we don't have that cat litter smell anymore, unless we're passed due time for changing the plastic bag. WE LOVE IT, and highly recommend it.

PetSafe PAL17-10786 Simply Clean Continuous-cleaning Litter Box