5.0 out of 5 stars A Haunting Gift Left Behind By John Denver!
Published on Nov. 19 2003 by Barron Laycock

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the 2006 release, not this one!
This is the greatest Christmas album of all time, unfortunately it is missing 3 songs from the original 1979 release. Do yourself a favour and buy the 2006 CD release of this album, which also contains:
-Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Rowlf the Dog and John
-When the River Meets the Sea - Robin and John with the Cast
-Little Saint Nick - Dr...
Published on Dec 1 2007 by J. Seibel

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the 2006 release, not this one!, Dec 1 2007
J. Seibel - See all my reviews
-Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Rowlf the Dog and John
-When the River Meets the Sea - Robin and John with the Cast
-Little Saint Nick - Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
Why some executive ever decided to remove 3 of the best songs from the album I'll never understand, there was plenty of space on the CD.

If this album (released in 1990) wasn't missing the 3 songs it would be a 6 out of 5. Just do yourself a favour and get the 2006 release, it has all of the songs.

Merry Christmas!

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT THE????!!!!!, Nov. 9 2003
This review is from: Christmas Together (Audio CD)
the whole original album isn't even on the cd!!!!
what a rip off!
i own the original album and i was disappointed when i saw that the cd did not have all the songs on there.
I WANT ALL THE SONGS!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THE Laserlight VERSION OF THIS CD!!!, Dec 27 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Christmas Together (Audio CD)
Do not buy this version of the Muppets "Christmas Together"! Many Muppets fans, including myself, have been tricked into buying this cd thinking it was the original... when in fact it is missing 3 of the most important songs (Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Little Saint Nick, and When the River Meets the Sea). Do not support this [cd]! If you grew up listening to this album every Chirstmas like I did - you will be very dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Haunting Gift Left Behind By John Denver!, Nov. 19 2003
Barron Laycock "Labradorman" (Temple, New Hampshire United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Together (Audio CD)
This wonderful album by John Denver is one of my favorite Christmas albums, and for good reason; it serves up both John and the wonderful sounds and antics of the Muppets, and makes itself a terrific family listening experience. The inimitable Mr Denver is in top form here, and his selection of songs and arrangements is perfect. Many of these songs are timeless, and a few like "The Peace Carol" and "Christmas Is Coming" are very special songs written by John himself. John's voice is in perfect pitch as he soars through "A Baby Just Like You", "Deck The Halls", "Silent Night", "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", and a breath-taking "Medley". He seems so very much at peace and happy as he sings all the songs on this album, and it is a comfort to those of us who considered him a special person and entertainer to still have him around with wonderful seasonal albums like this as well as all the more popular albums he left behind as his personal legacy to a grateful world. He has been gone for a few years now, but with albums like this to share with millions of kindred souls, John Denver will never be forgotten. Peace!

3.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Christmas album - edited, Dec 15 2002
Zack Davisson (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Together (Audio CD)
This Christmas CD will always have a special place for me. I grew up on the muppets, and the "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" TV special was a fond memory. I had this album on LP, and I was excited to get a CD copy.
John Denver and the Muppets do good duty to these Christmas tunes. "The Twelve Days of Christmas" is a showcase, with a different muppet taking each day. Many John Denver originals, like "The Peace Carol," are well suited to the warblers voice. Surprisingly, the muppets are all good singers, and harmonize well with John Denver, even in character.
I am happy to have the full version of this CD, and I cannot recommend this edited 10 song version. To my mind, the standout piece of this album is Rowlf the Dog's "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas," which is sadly missing. Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem's classic version of
the Beach Boy's "Little Saint Nick" is also missing. Stars deducted for this edited version, otherwise it is a 5-star album.

3.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Christmas album - edited, Dec 15 2002
Zack Davisson (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Magic From Start To Finish..., Nov. 13 2002
Robert Hart "Robert Hart" (West Lafayette, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Together (Audio CD)
I was but a little chap in 1979 when John Denver and Jim Henson's Muppets emerged with this collection of Holiday tunes. Of course, there was a TV Special of the same name that year...and even a published songbook that has recently been re-issued.
But the magic was always in the music. And all these years later, despite the passing of both Denver & Henson, the music remains every bit as stirring and intact as the day it was recorded.
The collaborative efforts of John Denver and Henson's creative team resulted in a remarkably complete Holiday album. Just give a listen to the opening track "Twelve Days of Christmas" and you'll swear this traditional English carol was written specifically with these Muppets in mind.
From the childlike plea of "Alfie: The Christmas Tree" to the haunting "Noel: Christmas Eve 1913" this record proves itself worthy of listeners young and old alike, beyond Denver's or Henson's core followers. What better way to celebrate the Spirit of the Season than with an album such as this?!
Not to be missed is Rowlf the Dog's lounge-lizard take on "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" and Dr. Teeth's raucous "Little Saint Nick" that puts the Beach Boys' original version to shame (thanks to Animal).
Denver's personality fuses perfectly with that of the Muppet cast. Their friendly, humorous banter throughout shape the silly "Christmas Is Coming" and the closing number "We Wish You A Merry Christmas."
"When The River Meets The Sea" encompasses all the mystery, innocence,and insecurity of life in its gentle melody. In my opinion, it is the stand-out track in this collection of stand-out tracks.
I've given this album as a gift to almost every friend I know. And after having listened, they too have made it an annual part of their Christmas time celebration.
The magic of the holiday season will soon be upon us again.
Magic much like that found in this enduring music.
And with this music, Christmas time has never sounded any better!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Christmas Album Ever (sadly, slightly edited), Oct. 4 2002
Six Impossible Things (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Together (Audio CD)
It would not be Christmas at our house without John Denver and the Muppets adding their own special brand of mayhem and melody to the air. Since we owned this on vinyl when I was a kid, I have never known "The 12 Days of Christmas" without Miss Piggy's zealous "Badum-bum-bum!" and I can't imagine the song without it.
More than just an album for the kids, though, as an adult I appreciate it on a whole new level. It has all types of holiday song, from the very solemn and sweet version of "Silent Night" to the Calypso style round of "Christmas is Coming." Each Muppet gets to add his or her editorial comments to traditional holiday phrases ("Now bring us some Piggy Pudding"?) and yet the voices are so harmonious, so well coordinated, there are moments you might forget you're listening to Muppets at all.
I heartily miss the omitted songs (three are missing) --the album doesn't feel complete without them! However, even truncated, this is a must-have album for every holiday collection. MUST!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Christmas without it..., Dec 9 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Christmas Together (Audio CD)
I grew up listening to this record as a child as we put up our Christmas tree and throughout the Christmas season. I was so excited when it was released on CD (since we no longer had a record player and couldn't find/order it on tape) that I rushed out and bought it for myself, parents and each of my siblings. To this day, it doesn't feel like Christmas to me until I hear it. Of all the holiday albums I have, this is the one I never get sick of.
Now that I'm an adult, my "favorites" have shifted from the up-beat, heavily-Muppetized "12 Days of Christmas," "Christmas is Coming" and "Little St. Nick" to the album's more mellow original tunes sung mainly by Denver (The Medley, When the River Meets the Sea, A Baby Just Like You). However the "kids" songs definitely remind me of the joy of the season take me back to those happy Christmases of yore!

4.0 out of 5 stars A chrismas treasure, July 17 2002
Theodore Illenberg (Fresno, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Together (Audio CD)
I had the original LP of this record. I was glad it was avialable on CD. My only complaint is that some songs were missing. Such as Rowlf and John singing "Have your self a merry little christmas", Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem singing the Beach Boys classic "Little Saint Nick" and one of my favorites "When the river meets the sea" sung by John and Robin. Because these songs were missing I only gave the CD four stars instead of five.
John Denver's singing is excellent. Alfie the christmas tree and its in everyone of us expresses John Denver's love for the environment. In addition to these songs are the haunting ballads "Peace Carol" and "Baby Just Like You" and "Noel " as well as Kermit's "A christmas wish" in which he wishes for peace and love. Even without the songs that are missing this CD is still a classic. All of the songs are great. The muppets never sounded better.

A Christmas Together
A Christmas Together by John and the Muppets Denver (Audio CD - 2006)