4.0 out of 5 stars Great Find!
Published on Feb. 3 2007 by J. Toteda

2.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Whispering Perfection. Duh!
I had an opportunity to purchase all four seasons at a special price. After watching 1 & 2 of Season 1, I intend to unload them.

Published on Aug. 25 2010 by S. Simms

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Find!, Feb. 3 2007
J. Toteda (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Whisperer: The First Season (DVD)
Yes, I didn't watch this show when it aired originally, and yes I'm glad that they did put it out on DVD because I got the chance to rent the disks out at my local DVD/Video shop. At first I wasn't too interested, but there was literally nothing to rent so I went for the TV dvd's. Now, I don't care what people think about Jennifer Love Hewitt (eye candy vs. real actress blah blah blah...) this is a smart and touching show that is not afraid to deal with issues such as suicide, evil, and loss. I was sold on Hewitt as an actress early on in Party of Five, but if there are doubters watch the movie "If Only"... it's quite enthralling and she's great in that picture.

Ok back to Ghost Whisperer...the show has a good mosaic of moods created, so it's not always intense all throughout, but it had me frightened and crying (often) and laughing too.

Hewitt is well cast as there is a genuine compassion, which exudes from her character and I like that we don't have to question her relationship with her husband...it's kind of refreshing to see a strong duo that are committed to each other.

A couple episodes I absolutely adored...

"Lost Boys", very Charles Dickens and the boy actors in this episode are stellar.

"Undead Comic", if anyone has lost someone or knows someone who has been affected by suicide this episode really tugs at the soul...beautiful, beautiful script.

The last three episodes are also very good, and take you in a totally different, darker direction.

This is a great show, I can't wait for the next season to come out.... if your not sure about it check-out an episode on TV or rent the DVD's first.

It really is the stories of the ghosts that make the most powerful aspect of the show and there's something so intriguing about being able to finish things up or clear things over with loved ones once their gone. Watching characters have that closure to so much pain is moving yet somehow out of reach from my natural comprehension of reality that I really couldn't help but be envious. At the same time we shouldn't take for granted the moments we do have with those we love; quite an ageless, universal truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating and powerful, Aug. 27 2007
Jennie (Ottawa, ON, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Whisperer: The First Season (DVD)
This show just made me cry; it must be good.

I only had to see one episode on television before I bought the Season One boxed set. Tonight I finished watching the first season and it was amazing! I can't wait for the second season to come out!

If you like Medium, you will probably like Ghost Whisperer as well. The main differences are: GW does not revolve around crime scenes and; Melinda in GW is not a psychic as Allison is in Medium.

The way the show works is that Melinda helps ghosts "cross over" by helping them with their unfinished business. Every episode is different, special and interesting.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars good show, April 16 2014
This review is from: Ghost Whisperer: The First Season (DVD)
they finish this show too fast never saw it coming, no notice to bad I like that show, so I will keep buying the DVD.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Whispering Perfection. Duh!, Aug. 25 2010
S. Simms (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Whisperer: The First Season (DVD)

An enthusiastic devotee of all things spooky - Lovecraft, Poe, Stoker, inter alia - I was expecting something quite different. I guess a more in depth look at this series would have forewarned me. What I discovered was so far removed from the macabre that it began to get on my nerves. The stories would be acceptable if only the characters were not totally depicted as ne plus ultra. An ideal instance? A perfect embodiment of a concept? I don't think so. One ghost was missing here. Casper. Well, he was friendly wasn't he?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 20 2014
Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 4 2014
Excellent!

Ghost Whisperer: The First Season
Ghost Whisperer: The First Season by John Gray (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 22.99 CDN$ 15.93