5.0 out of 5 stars Not "Warcraft"
Published on Dec 30 2010 by Stephen Kerr

3.0 out of 5 stars geewihz
This game is different...It's ok but...I don't like the classes and i only like half of the races.Frozen Throne was much better.
Published on April 23 2005

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not "Warcraft", Dec 30 2010
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: World of Warcraft Battlechest - Standard Edition (DVD-ROM)
I think the earlier reviewer had purchased this assuming it was a newer version of the traditional "Warcraft" series (Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3). This is NOT the same type of game. This game is an online massive multiplayer game that has no offline mode. It is not a command and conquer type of game. It is an incredible game that allows you to create a character and battle across beautiful landscapes and refine your skills to become a powerful creature. It also requires a monthly fee, but if you have the time to dedicate to it, It is very much worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking game., Jan. 29 2014
Cody A. (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: World of Warcraft (DVD-ROM)
I'm writing this review 10 years after the game was released, it's still very much alive and kicking and with four expansions and soon to be a fifth expansion it doesn't seem to be going anywhere for another few years. World of Warcraft is possibly the best MMORPG ever made because it didn't try to do everything perfectly but tried to do the core combat experience extremely well and fill in the game with high quality work and polish it over the next decade. World of Warcraft has evolved from the tiny fraction of a world it was to the living, breathing world it is today and I'm glad to have experience it first hand over the last decade.

This is definitely a Top 5 PC game of all time for me, I would highly recommend everyone try this if they are new to PC Gaming as it's possibly the best MMORPG experience you'll have with a MMORPG overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice game., Nov. 4 2013
This review is from: World of Warcraft (DVD-ROM)
I bough these game because I started to play at Cataclysm but I really enjoyed leveling trought these "old" expansion...

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, May 21 2013
Dominique Chevalier "Dom" (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World of Warcraft (DVD-ROM)
Great Price, This is an awesome. I would definitely recommend this to any one else who likes online shopping great price. Would definitely buy some thing like this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game...long installation, July 21 2006
David Mailhot (Montreal, Qc) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World of Warcraft (DVD-ROM)
I've been resisting this game for quite some time now (almost a year). I had played, and loved it...but wasn't too fond of the monthly fee. Well I finally gave in after being harassed by many friends who have been playing for ages. I got the game and started the install. I figured 5 cds wouldnt be too bad...it still took over 45 minutes to install (and no I do not have a slow pc). I finally created my account, log in...lo and behold...a 500meg download...which took about 5 hours... (again no my connection is not slow 5meg/sec in theory). The slowness was caused by there interface...not my connection.

If your patient enough to install this thing and dont mind the monthly fee, your in for quite a ride. This is by far the best ever MMORPG. I've played guild wars figuring it was free and was disappointed. Nothing compares to the level of community and the sheer size of this game. If you only ever play one MMORPG, make this the one...you wont be disappointed...

5.0 out of 5 stars SO good.... but it'll steal your life, March 26 2006
Terrington K. Rowan "Gonna be a Thibert!" (Mississauga Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World of Warcraft (DVD-ROM)
I can't say enough good thigns about this game, it's non-stop amazing fun, beautiful graphics, creative quests, and it never gets boring... but here's the catch: you'll love it so much you'll never do anything else. Your friends will see you less, and you may end up like my boyfriend, up all night raiding villages, and sleeping thru final exams.. Soooo... buy it, play it, but consider yourself warned and play with caution - but again.. amazing game!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW, just WoW!!, Jan. 26 2006
This review is from: World of Warcraft (DVD-ROM)
i just bought World of Warcraft a couple weeks ago and installed it on my computer. the first time i started the game itself i was instantly mesmerized. the graphics of the game and its fluid movement through the different landscapes simply floored me. but thats JUST the graphics. the actual mechanics of the game are far better.
Blizzard has done an outstanding job on this game. the character classes are all well balanced and none are overpowered (like some of the classes in Diablo 2). in addition to this the whole idea of a class trainer instead of a skill tree is very innovative. it gives more control over the customization of your characters and makes them more fun to play. the different racial benefits give small bonuses to each race, but this makes everyone in the world unique. a Tauren Hunter will never be the same as a Night Elf Hunter.
Currently i have a lvl 27 Tauren Hunter, a lvl 9 Undead Mage and a lvl 6 Troll Shaman. im trying to get my hunter as strong as possible (with some help from my guild, Strength of Kalimdor *hint,hint*) but i dont see any signs of me stopping once i hit lvl60 (the max level).
this game is super addictive. the amount of customization you can put into each character is amazing; no two characters will ever be the same. also Blizzard keeps making more quests for the players which keeps the game evolving and keeps it from getting stale.
you meet some good eFriends and have lots of fun questing throughout the world with them. joining a guild also helps as it gives you lots of people who are willing to help you and lots of potential eFriends as well.
overall this game is Blizzards finest work yet. its impossible to describe everything this game has to offer in 1000 words. i was always a fan of MMORPGs but found that most fell short of what i wanted from them. WoW delivers everything i could want and more. the monthly fee is well worth the money and i encourage anyone who is a fan of MMORPGs, Warcraft or just games in general to buy this game right now

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, MMOGs have a new standard., Jan. 5 2005
"oberon69" (Vancouver Island, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World of Warcraft (DVD-ROM)
Now I don't claim to be the guru of MMOGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Games) but I do have a fair bit of experience with PC games as a whole. This game has it all... almost. The last MMOG I played personally was UO but I am very familiar with newer ones such as EQ and Horizons. WoW blows them away in almost every respect... almost.
I have high standards and this game meets or exceeds most of those standards. The game itself is extremely easy to get into quickly, even if you aren't a typical online gamer. I would recommend this game for anyone and everyone, it has the best elements of typical single player RPGs as well as some of the best elements of MMORPGs. A believable and interesting quest system is very fun to follow along... be it by yourself or with newfound friends that you meet along the way. The skill tree offers a suprising amount of character customization compared to most MMOGs out there right now. The land, people, monsters, and quests are rich... very fleshed out. There are many innovations in the game too, as well as in the near future... PvP battlegrounds, guild arena battles, and a compromising PvP system.
Woulda been 5 stars, but couple things: lack of character image customization, no player housing (yet), and a too-fast leveling system which many people have complained about (omg, there is nothing to do now that I am lvl 60...). Anyways hope the review helps. Until next time, this is how the cookie crumbles...

5.0 out of 5 stars Kashif's review, Jan. 27 2011
Kashif Godil (Brossard, Quebec, CA) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: World of Warcraft Battlechest - Standard Edition (DVD-ROM)
Awesome game, the characters are nice the playbooks are cool. Really enjoy the guild part of it where players help each other in the guild you are in. Players also help you out in the beginning by giving you gold, all you have to do is tell them you are new and if they can help you out. Playing the dungeons are cool too, it doesn't matter which guild you belong to, when you enter the dungeon whoever is there play together in order to complete the dungeon, you also get to meet players from different realms, unfortunately you can not trade with players from other realms than your own. Overall if you like RPGs this game is awwsome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been playing since the beginning, Nov. 26 2005
Aluria (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World of Warcraft (DVD-ROM)
I bought WoW as soon as it came out and I'm still playing. I admit I'm a casual gamer but I love the game! Blizzard has really outdone themselves. The amount of content they've added since the launch is amazing! The holiday acitivites they put on are cool. WoW has great graphics, lots of quests, cool classes and great gameplay. I'm not going to stop playing anytime soon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

World of Warcraft Battlechest - Standard Edition
World of Warcraft Battlechest - Standard Edition by Activision/Blizzard (Mac OS X Intel, Windows, Windows XP)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 19.99