4.0 out of 5 stars This series is a 5/5 but the price bumps the grade down to four
This series is amazing. One of the best political dramas ever created. Martin Sheen plays an awesome president. But don't spend your money on this box set. At its current price tag, it is more thrifty to buy each season individually on Amazon. The box set is currently priced at $262.47. Buying the seasons individually will only cost $112.
Published 23 months ago by arms

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Faulty Discs!
I was really looking forward to this set - West Wing is by far one of the better programs ever to have appeared on TV. But this set has a lot of problems - specifically that crucial episodes are completely unwatchable due to manufacture defects on the discs (this includes the entire last disc of the first season meaning that the cliffhanger finale is something that you...
Published on Jan. 3 2010 by Alis

5.0 out of 5 stars The West Wing: Complete series, July 7 2013
Dee - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
I watched this collection over the winter months. At first it was difficult to keep up, it is a very fast-paced show but I soon got the hang of it. One of these days I will watch it all over again. Brilliant acting - and great humourous quips pop up now and then.

5.0 out of 5 stars The West Wing - WOW, May 31 2013
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
A masterpiece. Enlightening. The characters are not just interesting but realistic and very human. Having watched every episode and and at times having a hard time shutting it off to go to bed I am so glad we purchased it because we definitely will be watching the entire series again and again and again - it's that good - addictive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show, but cheap packaging, May 10 2013
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
First time I am watching this show and it is excellent! No problem with the DVDs. However, the box set is not of the best quality. When I received it, it was already unglued... And falling apart. Seems that other reviews about the poor quality of the DVDs or the boxes are accurate. But the series is riveting and helps forgetting the poor quality of the packaging. Happy viewing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Politics, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
If only there were actual politicians like many of those portrayed in this series. Didn't really care for the last season, but then it was too close to how things really are, how self serving our political leaders are, and how it is not about them serving us, but them serving special interests, so they can stay in power. A really good series, that shows the differences, that once existed between the two major US political parties, that is long gone today. Sad but real.

5.0 out of 5 stars Westwing unbeatable, Jan. 5 2013
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
The Westwing series is just as enthralling now as it was when I first watched the program. Immaculate, intrigueing and irresistible. We have to pry ourselves reluctantly away from the screen and from watching the whole series in one go. I think that says it all. The complete series is packaged perfectly and we really appreciate the booklets and the wonderful pictures therein. A great deal for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice packaging; great series, Jan. 3 2013
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
The packaging of this series is well done. It is compact, yet easy to find the discs. My husband was very happy to get it from Santa.

The one thing that was a little annoying is that I ordered it in early December and amazon said they couldn't guarantee it's arrival if I went with the free shipping, so I ended up paying extra for shipping. It arrived 2 days later - I don't think it was necessary at all to pay extra. I kinda feel a like they took advantage. Oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars West Wing- the complete Series, Dec 29 2012
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
For everyone who did not see the series - a must
For everyone who saw the series - a must - after the first disc you are happy to see everyone again and realize how much you missed this show.
Excellent writting - witty- intellegent-touching

The packaging is impressive -well presented, official looking
a definite buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Oneof the greatest!, Dec 29 2012
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
Even though I am Canadain, this is one of my all-time favourite shows. So well acted. And I love ALL the characters.When I received this package, I watched 4 full seasons in 3 weeks! I have slowed it down now, as I don't want to get to the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete West Wing, Dec 26 2012
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
Didn't watch this during it's television run...Hooked from the pilot....Forget sometimes that what I'm watching is fiction.....it's that authentic...this is the one more "required" word

5.0 out of 5 stars The West Wing, Dec 26 2012
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection (DVD)
It was a gift for my son and he was trilled .one of his favoured TV shows Thanks very much for the West Wing series

ARRAY(0xb045e7e0)