march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 12, 2006
Ive been a swollen members fan for quite some time. after being dissapointed with the release of Heavy I was hoping for a awsome new album. What can I say? I honestly believe this is there best album ever. Its amazing, the production value is astonishing... best in the business. The lyrics are inspiring as well as well crafted.

5/5 - amazing
on April 8, 2007
To be honest I almost slept on this album, I haven't been into Swollen since Balance, which for me is kind of a classic. I didnt really get into Bad Dreams or Monsters, didnt think they were bad I just didn't feel them as much as Balance.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Black Magic, this album strong, both lyrically and in production. The guests give solid performances and out of about 20 tracks I have to say that theres little of it I don't like.

If your a skimmer you'll find good tracks, but I think this one is best enjoyed right through, I think you'll find the not so bangin tracks are better in context of the arrangement.

Thanks
on May 1, 2007
This album is good but not perfect. There is lots of S&M signature dark rap in here (see Black Magic, Massacre, Swamp Water, Pressure). All the music pundits who tote this Swollen album as a return to their dark roots are correct.

However I didn't like all the songs and therefore I give this album four stars.
on December 4, 2011
These west-cpast artists are genius! They do music their own way, and refuse to change their sound to appeal to the mainstream. Support these guys! Buy their albums! This one is a gem!