5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away, Sept. 12 2006
This review is from: Black Magic (Audio CD)
Ive been a swollen members fan for quite some time. after being dissapointed with the release of Heavy I was hoping for a awsome new album. What can I say? I honestly believe this is there best album ever. Its amazing, the production value is astonishing... best in the business. The lyrics are inspiring as well as well crafted.

5/5 - amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong release for S&M, April 8 2007
This review is from: Black Magic (Audio CD)
To be honest I almost slept on this album, I haven't been into Swollen since Balance, which for me is kind of a classic. I didnt really get into Bad Dreams or Monsters, didnt think they were bad I just didn't feel them as much as Balance.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Black Magic, this album strong, both lyrically and in production. The guests give solid performances and out of about 20 tracks I have to say that theres little of it I don't like.

If your a skimmer you'll find good tracks, but I think this one is best enjoyed right through, I think you'll find the not so bangin tracks are better in context of the arrangement.

Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Magic!, May 1 2007
This review is from: Black Magic (Audio CD)
This album is good but not perfect. There is lots of S&M signature dark rap in here (see Black Magic, Massacre, Swamp Water, Pressure). All the music pundits who tote this Swollen album as a return to their dark roots are correct.

However I didn't like all the songs and therefore I give this album four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic is Right!, Dec 4 2011
This review is from: Black Magic (Audio CD)
These west-cpast artists are genius! They do music their own way, and refuse to change their sound to appeal to the mainstream. Support these guys! Buy their albums! This one is a gem!

Black Magic
Black Magic by Swollen Members (Audio CD - 2006)