Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

Comatose
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$20.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 23, 2008
This is the only studio Skillet CD I own (plus the Deluxe Version & the upcoming Comatose Comes Alive), and I have to say personally it's my favorate of all their albums. Yes, it is well produced and commercial, but all the songs are memorable and move me like music is meant to. It is a step away from their other albums, but it was a move that really was well accepted. They have become so popular, and were even able to tour and open up for Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace. In order to write great tunes with powerful messages in the lyrics, Skillet manages to accomplish that without sounding cheesy or lame. I'm looking forward to their new album with great expectancy, and want to encourage you to give it a chance if you like great rock 'n' roll with a touch of pop blended nicely together. This CD proves that christian rock isn't as lame as people think.
on November 20, 2007
I was suprised to see these reviews giving Comatose 2 stars. I have to say that I don't own many Skillet cds...but the album Comatose, lead by the lead single Rebirthing
have converted me into a panhead. Why? Well, it comes down to the simplicity of great songs, great production, and accessable lyrics.
Yes it is commercial...it is slick...but since when is that a reason to slag an album. Let's face it, in this era of downloading...a band has gotta pay for recording somehow, and if
people want to steal the album, they've got to get the cash somewhere else...radio and touring. Back to the album itself, in a way it is typical Skillet, thundering riffs, pounding drums and bass, but this time the industrial elements are more muted in favor of strings and piano.
Yep, in my opinion it is a good combination. Take a listen yourself, there are song samples after all. As to the unfair shots at being a rip off of_____fill in the blank_____well, Skillet has always been known to mix heaviness and keyboard elements. Why take cheap shots at them now for doing what they have always done, except now they are doing it better,
and with the major label backing to bring their songs to a full realization. It is commercial music, but if you are Skillet fan, give it a chance. I wasn't disapointed and I hope you won't be.
on November 30, 2006
There are at least 3 good songs on here. Alright, I admit Rebirthing is the only really good song on here. This cd might make you feel comatose but its still worth checking out because its sort of heavy and sort of makes you think...about the world we live in.
on December 30, 2013
This is a Christian rock cd which of course would not necessarily appeal to those who don't appreciate that particular genre. Sound quality is good, no complaints.