4.0 out of 5 stars Female Empowerment
Published on July 12 2004 by Debbie Lee Wesselmann

3.0 out of 5 stars I want a rematch.
Boy howdy, the fems are getting pretty rough these days. I suppose after generations of being dominated by the male sub-species that once the ladies decided to strike back they meant just that: strike back. A perfect example of estrogen TNT in a can is Jennifer Lopez swingin', sweatin', and kickin' in ENOUGH.
Let's face it, we all know where ENOUGH is headed...
Published on July 16 2004 by D. Mikels

3.0 out of 5 stars I want a rematch., July 16 2004
This review is from: Enough (VHS Tape)
Let's face it, we all know where ENOUGH is headed. J-Lo plays a greasy spoon waitress (yeah, like that's believable) who happens to fall for a smooth-talking swell (Bill Campbell) who turns out not to be the nicest guy on the block. Er, the planet. And when J-Lo confronts Hubby about his flagrant infidelity, Hubby responds with some fisticuffs and then refuses to let his wife out of the marriage. Granted, Campbell is ultra-creepy to watch. . .he's so revolting and disgusting that even my dog knew he was going to get the ultimate comeuppance at the end of this flick.
With the help of friends, J-Lo and young daughter flee and relocate thousands of miles away, yet Hubby is relentless in his pursuit. Once it becomes obvious that a custody showdown is inevitable, J-Lo does the only logical thing: She enlists the aid of a martial arts dude and learns how to fight like a tiger. Tigress? Then, it's back to California to sneak into Hubby's new flat and extract a pound of posterior. And, of course, predictability reigns supreme as the film rolls to its conclusion.
I've had the luxury of viewing this film with other ladies, and their reaction has been somewhat universal. Not a one of them would have put up with the guff J-Lo did; in fact, the first time a punch was thrown Hubby would have first been looking at the floor to find his mountain oysters, just before he would feel the piercing pain of buckshot. But, perhaps justice is swifer in my neck of the woods. Anyway, in ENOUGH J-Lo kind of blindsides her husband during their kung fu match. Ain't fair. I demand a best two-out-of-three.
--D. Mikels

4.0 out of 5 stars Female Empowerment, July 12 2004
Debbie Lee Wesselmann (the Lehigh Valley, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) [Import] (DVD)
Jennifer Lopez stars as Slim in this thriller about an abused woman who flees her rich and well-connected husband Mitch (Bill Campbell). At stake is not only Slim's well-being but also the psychological and physical protection of their young daughter Gracie (played adorably by little Tessa Allen). Although this flick has the trappings of a feminist fight-back story with its theme of domestic violence and custody laws, make no mistake: this is a thriller through and through, with twists and violence and personal peril at every turn. Women will delight in the training scenes where J-Lo prepares to fight back, and men will hardly mind the sight of the buff actress learning to defend herself.
Yeah, the premise as it unfolds is a little ridiculous, especially as Mitch seems to have a GPS system to track his fleeing wife, but the escapism is pure adrenaline-rushing fun. Jennifer Lopez is naturally appealing and solid in her performance, although the emotional range of the role seems to demand only fierceness and fright. Still, the chemistry between her and young co-star Allen is unmistakable, even poignant. Noah Wylie does a fantastic turn as Robbie, a character I won't describe for fear of spoiling the plot. Juliette Lewis has her usual on-screen charisma even though she's not given much to work with.
This film was much better than I expected. Viewers hoping for something new or even substantial on the theme of domestic violence will be disappointed since it only serves as a plot device to put Lopez's character in danger. This would make a great date flick since men will appreciate the constant action (not to mention the lead actress) and women will be drawn to the subject matter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Scary, Sept. 16 2013
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) (DVD)
I am not sure what to say about this movie or why I got it, I remembered watching it once but I didn't know it was going to be so intense. Its a well made movie but I never want to think that a person could end up with a man like this. I love my hubby he is so good to me, thank God

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, July 10 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) [Import] (DVD)
Enough is one of Jennifer Lopez's best movies. The movie is great and the acting is great. This is just one great movie. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes suspense and Jennifer Lopez. If not rent, you'll still think this is a great movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars enough, Dec 5 2013
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) [Import] (DVD)
Very good movie. Do not recommend one does this tho..not likely to get away with it. All in all, empowering

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 25 2014
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) [Import] (DVD)
Still my favourite J-Lo movie of all time!

2.0 out of 5 stars not that great..., July 10 2004
Pauline (Connecticut USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) [Import] (DVD)
The movie had a good message about domestic violence and how a woman shouldn't have to deal with it and she should find a way to protect herself. But overall, it was just the same as those on Lifetime and other made for tv movies.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get out!, July 9 2004
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) [Import] (DVD)
This was one of the worst, clichefests I've seen in years. Everything that happened was predictable and not so much foreshadowed as hammered into the viewers heads. It came across as more of a dramatization of a WEAVE pamplet than a movie that came from an actual script or was given an thought or care. At one point the words "GET OUT" flashed up on the screen and my friend and I took that as a sign from God and did just that.

5.0 out of 5 stars ARE U CRAZY I LOVED THIS MOVIE, July 8 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) [Import] (DVD)
I don't see why everybody is giving this bad reviews. Responding to another reviewer, she stayed with Mitch because she was scared, not because she was stupid!!! Did you listen to what he said to her??!! But, she finally got the courage to leave (with help from friends). I love this movie. J. Lo is a wonderful actress, and everybody did a good job in this movie. The only thing I didn't like is seeing Mitch's mother act like she was blaming Slim after she got hit. Oh and I didn't like seeing poor Gracie go through this. She's so cute!!!! I know it's just acting but this movie makes you stop what you're doing and pay attention.
This movie was great. I hope to see more from J. Lo.

1.0 out of 5 stars Enough, June 28 2004
This review is from: Enough (Bilingual) [Import] (DVD)
You have to see a movie for yourself before you judge it. That's the real reason I rented this, and the only reason. I work in a video store so I got it for free. It was only a waste of my time, but at least I can say this with certainty (as far as I'm concerned) as opposed to only guessing.
I say we have no more pathetic portrayals of domestic violence. If you're going to make a movie like that, don't just make it worth our time, develop characters we actually care about. The violent husband was a stupid cliche who becomes dangerous all of the sudden out of the blue and the way he meets up with his future wife is so contrived. The saddest thing is that they had a chance to really make his character complex and they threw it all away. Such a waste. It may not seem necessary to develop the character of a wife-beater but I have two things to say. One, if you make them look so inhuman nobody would ever be able to admit to themselves that their husbands have a problem. Two, you might as well make another Twister because either way it ends up with J.Lo running for her life with a faceless blob swirling after her.
I won't be surprised I see this on Lifetime sometime soon.

Enough (Bilingual)
Enough (Bilingual) by Michael Apted (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 6.88