5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all-time favorite Disney animated films!
Published on Feb. 21 2003 by Distant Voyageur

1.0 out of 5 stars don't order
This product is from somewhere else and the subtitle is in italian. The DVD won't play on my computer or DVD player, giving a message that we are not in the right region to play this DVD. This product should be clearly marked as not in English and should not be sold to places where it can't be played.
Published 10 months ago by Shuana Niessen

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all-time favorite Disney animated films!, Feb. 21 2003
This review is from: Robin Hood (Full Screen) (DVD)
There haven't been very many well-known Disney movies that I know of that were highly successful nor as groundbreaking during the 1960s through the first half of the 1980s and some of the Disney movies that were made during that time should've been more successful. The Disney animated edition of Robin Hood is one of those and is in fact, probably my favorite Disney movie of all-time.
Released in 1973, it is a wonderful adaptation of the medieval novel with the characters being animal humanoids with Robin Hood being A Fox, Little John a Bear, Friar Tuck being a badger, and the greedy and semi-evil Prince John being a Lion. It's all so entertaining and so much fun to watch and laugh to with all of the charm and charisma that I think a lot of Disney movies during the 1970s and 1980s lacked. Don't get me wrong, most of Disney's movies are great but Robin Hood in my opinion is one of the most overlooked classics of all-time and also is my favorite Disney movie of all time, alongside the also overlooked "The Great Mouse Detective".
As you might already know, it's a tale of an outlaw who robs the rich Prince John and his goon wolf The Sheriff, to feed the poor and the hungry in Nottingham and dreams of marrying a lovely lady named Maid Marian and it's all so wonderful. If those who are turned off by the excessive drama or the unsettling atmosphere of the Kevin Costner classic "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves", this Disney edition will definitely make a wonderful substitute. I recommend both versions of Robin Hood. I like the Disney one more.
The background music is also highly memorable with some incredible catchy songs and battle scenes that are just enough to keep you laughing for a very long time and just the whole atmosphere of the movie makes Robin Hood one of the most underrated and overlooked classics of all time. A lot of more popular Disney movies while great, they don't seem to impress me as much as Robin Hood has, and some are just downright pap! Robin Hood doesn't fall into that category. It has the fun and joy for young kids to enjoy and the style and timeless music and storytelling to entertain the adults. I would even go far as to say that Robin Hood is better than Aladdin, and Prince of Egypt. Don't get me wrong, those are classics too but not at the heights of Robin Hood though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just how I remember it!, March 31 2014
I've always been a huge fan of Disney movies, and I was so happy when this one came out on DVD. I feel no shame in saying I sang along to the songs, it was just as good as when I was a kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laughs!, Jan. 28 2014
I have seen various versions of Robin Hood, but this is the best of any Robin Hood production I have yet to see., it is so funny, love all the animals they make the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic movie, great for kids, Dec 30 2013
My daughter received this for Christmas, and she has asked to watch it again and again. It has quickly become one of her favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, Nov. 10 2013
Loved the movie as a kid now love that my kid loves it too... Good music in it. Classic story for kids to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic is called a classic for a reason., Oct. 25 2013
This DVD has brought me great joy! It makes me laugh really hard. I highly recommend it. Order it today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Robin Hood Ever, Sept. 20 2013
This review is from: Robin Hood (Most Wanted Edition) (DVD)
One of the classics from my childhood. This is by far my favorite version of any Robin Hood across any form of media. Everybody should see this at least once, you won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't order, May 30 2013
This review is from: Robin Hood (SE) (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie!, Feb. 1 2013
This review is from: Robin Hood (Most Wanted Edition) (DVD)
Such a classic. I am looking forward to watching with our children! Arrived very promptly. Would recommend to other people!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, Jan. 1 2013
This review is from: Robin Hood (Most Wanted Edition) (DVD)
my grandchildren loved this product. they are the first ones amongst their friends who have this video and they had a play date and invited all their friend to come and watch this video

ARRAY(0xb3b9842c)

Robin Hood (Most Wanted Edition)
Robin Hood (Most Wanted Edition) by Wolfgang Reitherman (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 35.99 CDN$ 29.95