4.0 out of 5 stars Worth having
We have 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids under 11) that use the Wii and it is definitely worth having a couple of nunchuks for the games that require them, especially if you purchase EA Sports Active, any boxing games, etc. We have 3 Wii-motes and 2 Nunchuks and that has suited us really well. They're comfortable to hold and use and a must-have for anyone who has a Wii.
Published on July 31 2009 by Mrs. Tammy L. B. Oberlin

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on April 19 2012 by Allison Howard

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 19 2012
Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
Purchased the Wii Nunchuk Controller that was pictured in it's original box and expected to get the same. When received, it was shipped in a thin bubble mailer with no box. The controller was defective and would not work. I contacted the seller who promptly responded and said another one would be sent and was "in the mail." Shortly afterwards, I was informed that another would not be shipped and I recieved a credit back to my credit card for the purchase price. I was told that the controller was part of a Wii bundle and had no box. Also informed, seller had problems with other controllers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth having, July 31 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Accessory - Nunchuk, Aug. 28 2007
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
This is a MUST HAVE accessory to fully enjoy the wonders of "Wii". You will require one "Nunchuk" for each "Remote" - for each player. Have fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars An accessory you will definitely need, Jan. 29 2007
M. Ono "M. Ono" (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
All the important information about this accessory is written above by Amazon, so I will not bore you with that.

If you are thinking, "Do I really need to buy this?", I am writing this to tell you that, yes, you will eventually be needing this item for almost all games.

The only exception would be if you intend to buy ONLY Wii Sports and ABSOLUTELY no other game ever, AND that you don't mind not being able to play the Boxing minigame inside Wii Sports, then you will not need it. (However, just to let you know, Boxing is very fun! My 5 year old daughter beat 4 adults consecutively and I couldn't tell you how proud she was about that accomplishment!!)

If you are a NON-hardcore gamer, and you enjoyed Wii Sports thoroughly, then you will probably be interested in buying: WiiPlay, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Cooking Mama: Cook Off, Mario Party 8, Animal Crossing, Elebits, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. These games will most likely need the Nunchuk attachment.

The only recommendation I have for you is that you avoid purchasing this item from Marketplace Sellers if their asking price is anything more than the MSRP (the retail price). As of this time of writing (Jan'07), they were listing it as $75. If Amazon.ca is Out Of Stock, be patient and wait (or go to the Manufacturer's online store)

4.0 out of 5 stars Look into it before you buy a game, Feb. 4 2009
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
I had to get this for the Umbrella Chronicles but I found myself using it for Wii sports more often. (Need it for boxing.)

Without a nunchuck your future choices of games will be quite limited but it doesn't mean you can't play anything without it. Check if the game you want to buy requires it before the purchase. Unless you have a specific game in mind, there's no need to buy it "just in case."

My only complaint so far about the nunchuck is that sometimes its recognition works very poorly. I got one from Amazon and I had to raise my arm up in the air to punch straight when boxing. It may be worth to buy it from somewhere convenient for you to return it should it function badly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller, Aug. 12 2013
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
Great control! Glad I got it, I can play, so many more games with it now! Wish the buttons were in a place where it was easier to press though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra couple of dollars, Jan. 18 2009
Jaime Russell "wii aholic" (Kelowna, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
My husband and I got the Nintendo nunchuck with our Wii, but wanted another nunchuck, so we purchased the "playchuck" by icon...we've purchased the wired and wireless of the icon and had nothing but problems. If you're wondering if there's a difference between the playchuck, as it is a couple of dollars cheaper...there's a huge difference! The Nintendo nunchuck is definitly built a lot better and worth the extra money!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's essential but still good, Sept. 5 2010
Ben Nicholson "Benkernow" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
It's one of those thing's that you have to have in a lot of game's so you will probably need one for every main contoller you got.. There's not much else to say apart for it works well and fun to use especally when it come's to running and archery for example.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, June 23 2014
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
This conroller worked perfectly. Much needed for boxing on the wii. Highly recommend if you own a wii gaming system.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, March 2 2014
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller (Video Game)
Innovate control from Nintendo, but really overpriced. I still don't understand why Nintendo don't sell the WHOLE controller altogether... well, yes I know why, profits.

Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller
Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Controller by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
Used & New from: CDN$ 13.99