5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Movie!
Published on Feb. 7 2007 by nbsunshine

1.0 out of 5 stars Bon budget, bad movie
Des personnages stéréotypés, un sujet de différends franco-anglo stéréotypé (le hockey), un scénario débile importé des recettes américaines, une réalisation peu originale, un budget honteux ... pour rester gentil!

Le meilleur moment du film : celui ou Patrick Huard pleure...
Published on Jan. 26 2009 by Philippe-Aubert Gauthier

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Movie!, Feb. 7 2007
nbsunshine "Kelly" (Moncton, NB Canada, eh!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
I loved this movie, its great to see something so Canadian out there and reflecting our billingualism. I'm not bilingual myself, but I watched it in English with English subtitles when the French converstation went on, it was just like being at the shopping mall with people speaking both languages. Thank you for making this great movie. I recommend it highly, especially to those trying to learn French or English as the subtitles really do help.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Canadian Popcorn Flick Ever!, Dec 19 2006
Shaun Musgrave (Winnipeg, MB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
If you enjoy buddy cop movies or action movies at all, you'll really like this one. It's a bit cheesy at times but makes excellent use of Canadian culture and has really superb production values. The action is great and both Colm Feore and Patrick Huard shine. I highly recommend this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canadian film at its best, Nov. 6 2007
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
Bon Cop, Bad Cop is absolutely brilliant - definitely one of my favorite Canadian films. It targets two important Canadian topics: the French-English relationship, and hockey. Even if you're not bilingual, you'll still be able to appreciate the script (and the jokes). Kudos should go out to the special effects team for doing such a great job. There should be more movies produced like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Movies from / about Canada and it's Culture, Feb. 8 2008
Zeeshan Ahmed (Calgary, AB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
This movies is awesome, we recently moved to Canada and know exactly what this movies is about. The Pun, the language, the issues and of course the Hockey. There are times when things are predictible but overall it's an awesome good entertainment. One advantage about the DVD is that you can always rewind and playback which we did and laughed a lot more.....
Highly recomended

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your Gun on the Ice, Feb. 28 2011
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
I initially approached this movie with caution, fearing it would be nothing more than your typical two-guys-who-can't-work-together story, but I'm glad I was wrong. There's plenty of excitement mixed with funny moments, such as the scene where Sûreté du Québec détective David Bouchard (Patrick Huard from "Les Boys") teaches Québécois 101, i.e. sweating in French, to OPP detective Martin Ward (Colm Feore from "The Day Reagan was Shot" and the miniseries "Trudeau"). I also enjoyed the bilingualism, providing the listener with the choice of the language without having to suffer from bad dubbing. There's also good support from actors such as Pierre Lebeau and Patrice Belanger (Meo and Philippe respectively on "Les Boys"). It's a shame two other actors, Louis-José Houde (Jeff, the medical examiner) and Rick Mercer (Tom, the arrogant sportscaster) got such small parts because they were great. This DVD is bound to please many hockey and police drama fans. Starp on your skates, holster your gun, and enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars So Canadian It's Amazing It Got Made, Feb. 22 2009
P. Hobin (North Bay, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
There are two amazing things about this movie. First, the production value is so high it looks, well, Hollywood.

Second, this isn't a film that just happened to be shot in Canada with Canadian actors and crew, either doubling for a U.S. location or set in an unspecified locale...which we therefore all assume must be somewhere in the U.S. This film is specifically about Canada, and even more unusual than that, it is specifically about one place in Canada: the Ontario-Quebec border, and the worlds on either side. It's always interesting to see a film so specific in its setting, so steeped in a particular local atmosphere, that the story couldn't be told (at least not quite the same way) anywhere else. This is particularly so when you live in that place yourself, and "get" the film in a way that most people could not.

The film is certainly not inaccessible to a wide audience. It is, after all, in the standard cop-buddy-film genre and much of it is therefore easily understood by virtually anyone, but it will be particularly appreciated by Canadians, and perhaps eastern Canadians most of all.

Oh, and by the way -- funny as hell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Feb. 21 2009
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
I think this movie is one the the best ever made! Thought the way the prejudices from both "sides" have been well exploited and used with lots of humor. That French swearing lesson scene was worth a milion! I just wish the English subtitles could have done it justice but, I'm afraid there was no real way to translate this otherwise. The story keeps us well on our toes through out the whole movie and the director has done an amazing job! I have watch both versions as I am French and my boyfriend is from England and though slightly different, both of them have been amusing us ever since we bought the dvd. Great buy, great movie and great to explain the "French/English Canadian thing" to your foreign partner! ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Un petit bijou de film, Aug. 28 2009
Josee Begin "Josée Bégin" (Québecoise vivant au Manitoba) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
Si vous êtes francophone et que vous n'avez pas vu ce film, je ne sais quoi vous dire mais il faut vous le procurez. Comédie savoureuse et interpretée de façon géniale. Le scénario est excellent ainsi que les comédien. Une mention spéciale à Louis-Josée Houde qui, même avec un tout petit rôle, crève l'écran et nous fait rire aux larmes. J'ai adoré.
If you are english speaking, I have been told that it's easy enough to follow with the subtitles and it's worth the try because it is a good comedy movie. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Humour, Funny all the way through!, Jan. 3 2011
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
What great movie! Shows the difference between "both worlds" - guys who act from the same country, yet different provinces and with different opinions/ perspectives on how to do their work. One is so by the book, and the other is the complete opposite. Great movie for anyone that likes comedy/ action, however if you don't understand any French, might be a little difficult to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!, Feb. 2 2014
This review is from: Bon Cop Bad Cop (DVD)
This movie is hilarious. You have to be bilingual to understand all their punch line! But it's was worth every penny! I would definitely recommend this movie to my friends & family. I just hope they make another movie with the same two actors.!!

Bon Cop Bad Cop
Bon Cop Bad Cop by Colm Feore (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 13.99 CDN$ 10.79