5.0 out of 5 stars The Reason, Nov. 25 2006
Helen D'all "Kalan" (Montreal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
BUY THIS CD _ YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!

I was lucky enough to be at the Good Morning America studios on November 21st when Chris & his band celebrated their new cd. This is a small excerpt from my record of the experience:

"When the first strains of “It’s Not Over” hit, if the roof could have blown off the ABC building, it would have. It was absolutely amazing how many people knew every word and sang along with Chris – a measure of the intense dedication of his fans. This young man, who had uncompromisingly refused to give up his principles to the AI juggernaut, proved that he is a rock star of the first order. To quote the much maligned Mr. Simon Cowell in one of his kinder moments “Thank God for Chris!”

From the time Chris came out to the time we left I took one picture, I could not take my eyes off him long enough to bother with the camera. I had waited months for this - what a beautiful man, and I am not talking about his physical attributes but the soul you see in his eyes. He lives those songs, he feels every word and every beat of the music. He epitomizes what you would like to see in every person in the public eye - a love and committment to what he is doing to the nth degree. There is no acting here - he is the real deal. I can honestly say that I felt such pride in what he was doing, the same kind of pride I feel for my own son and the accomplishments he has achieved in his life. Chris’ parents and Deanna must be about bursting, I know I was.

When I first heard all the tracks from VH1, I became concerned about how well the 4 J's would do and if they could do justice to the songs ......... my worries are over. This is a group of supremely musically talented young men who love what they are doing and adore Chris - it was so evident it was overwhelming.

Then “Home” ……… this song brings tears to my eyes each and every time I hear it and there were more teary-eyed people than just me in that studio.

The show was over ……… I wish it could have gone on forever. There was an announcement that Chris had to leave immediately for another taping, but being Chris, he did not. He patiently signed cds, T-shirts, signs and Elyse’ horoscope. His regard for his fans is unparalleled."

I have not found one of the twelve tracks I do not like ....... if you like down and banging rock, try "What I Want" which features Slash, want something more moody? Try "Feels Like Tonight" ....... different? try "Crashed" .......... Introspective? "All these Lives" . There is something for everyone on this superb compliation. Can you tell I am a fan???

Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars The real winner of American Idol!!, March 29 2007
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
Daughtry should have won the last season of Amercian Idol. His song, It's Not Over is currently #1 on the Hot Adult Tracks and #5 on the Mainstream Rock charts and reached #3 on the big chart- Hot 100 Singles. His album has been #1 on the Billboard 200 albums. Daughtry is the real winner of American Idol. His first album is an impressive collection of both rockers and ballads and not to mention- a guest appearance from Slash of Guns N' Roses.

Judging by what I have heard on this album- Daughtry is the real winner of American Idol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD!!, March 1 2009
I LOVE this CD!!!
Some are a little too hard rock, but you just have to crank up the volume and you're addicted. Really, really good CD. I listen to it all the time. I LOVE Daughty!!! He writes his own music and man he nails it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, Dec 6 2006
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
Chris was my favorite on American Idol from the start. It's a good thing for him that he didn't win.

Although he is a rocker, his ballads are better. I felt his voice got lost on this cd. In the rock songs, the music overpowered him. The ballads were better. Hopefully his NEXT cd will show more of what he alone can do.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE DAUGHTRY, Jan. 29 2007
Angela Gallie (Shelburne, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
I love this CD..I am a HUGE Chris fan and couldn't wait for this CD to be released. Like another review commented, in some songs Chris's voice is lost in the music, but there are definately parts were Chris is really Chris. Can't wait for the next one to be released.

5.0 out of 5 stars DELICIOUS, Feb. 23 2011
This review is from: Daughtry (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
A must have if you LOVE music with a beat and a HEART....Does not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock on Daughtry!, Nov. 22 2006
Amanda Richards (Georgetown, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
You didn't win on Idol

Most people were quite shocked

From early on you were the ONE

We thought you had it locked

You're best at singing rock songs

And you stuck to your guns

You made each Idol song your own

(We also loved your buns)

We've waited for this album

You really made us sweat

But now I'm happy to report

It's one all fans should get

Your ballads are alluring

The line forms to the right

In answering "What About Now?"

We'd say "Feels Like Tonight"

You sound just like a rock star

A very good debut

We hope that "It's Not Over"

'Cos we're not "Over You"

Amanda Richards

Daughtry
Daughtry by Daughtry (Audio CD - 2006)