4.0 out of 5 stars Not the Greatest, but still Good, May 19 2004
geatornez82 "Cartoon Connoisseur" (Germantown, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Pony (VHS Tape)
I taped this movie from the Disney Channel, but my sister taped over my copy of it. This isn't the greatest MLP cartoon in the bunch (my favorites are "Midnight Castle" and "Escape from Catrina"), but this one still had it's moments.
The Witches from the Volcano of Gloom create the Smooze to destroy the Little Ponies and their spring festival, so they have to go get the Rainbow of Light, but it ends up buried in the Smooze, and they have to go find the Flutter Ponies. Also, some of the other ponies search for Baby Lickety Split who has run away, with Spike the Dragon.
PROS:
The music and the songs are really good, I think. One of the best song numbers is "I'll Do the Dirty Work" sung by Reeka and Draggle. Every time I see this routine, I crack up, along with "Nothing Can Stop the Smooze" with the Smooze doing a little 1950's doo wop riff while the witches are singing. Another great song was "There's Always Another Rainbow." Not funny like the other two I mentioned, but still a great song.
The Moochick and his rabbit cracked me up. I love Tony Randall's voice of the Moochick better than whoever did him in the MLP TV series. It just seems funnier to me.
Any scene with the Grundles, especially when the Grundle King mentions Grundleland.
Keep your eyes open during any scene with Reeka and Draggle. You'll find little surprises along the way.
CONS (reasons why I give this a 4 rather than a 5):
A lot of the scene changes were a bit choppy and seemed to come so fast.
The paint job on this seemed a bit washed out.
Baby Lickety Split was a brat, and I didn't like Gusty's personality all that much, even BEFORE she got Smoozed.
I didn't particularly care for Buttons's, Lofty's, Baby Lickety Split's, or Sundance's voices. Having seen the MLP TV series before this movie, I think that explains it.
The end of the "I'll Go it Alone" song, because the animation was a little odd there.
In some scenes, there are ponies that aren't supposed to be there, and they mysteriously disappear later. Something comman in the TV series, too.
But other than the cons, this is a great movie. It's really very cute! You will not regret it if you buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Nov. 7 2006
J. Carey (St. John's, NF Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Pony: The Movie [Import] (DVD)
This is movie that is supposed to be a long commercial but it actually has a plot. It is a classic 80s cartoon and I am so happy that it is coming to DVD. This is my childhood movie and it deserves a place of honor in my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Little Ponies The Movie, June 4 2012
This review is from: My Little Pony: The Movie [Import] (DVD)
This is a show that I had on VHS. My Children would watch it and rewind all day long. So for Christmas I thought it would be a good idea to bring back some childhood memories. When they opened up the movies they start reciting it word for word (this encluded the songs as well). They loved their gifts of chidhood memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, Jan. 8 2011
This review is from: My Little Pony: The Movie [Import] (DVD)
This is a classic. I never watched it when it came out in the eighties, so I decided to get it for my toddler girl this past Christmas (2010). She is almost three and she can not get enough of it!! She asks to watch it over and over again, and she discovers new things every time. Her favourite: the scary scenes. She pretends to be scared but she watches them attentively. I am enjoying the movie myself. The music is amazing . My favourite song is "Nothing Can Stop The Smooze" , sang by the witches and the Smooze itself. I highly recommend this movie : )

4.0 out of 5 stars My Little Pony the Movie, Feb. 18 2007
Mrs. P. G. Hopkins (Burlington, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Pony: The Movie [Import] (DVD)
I was so excited to see this movie because I was a big My Little Pony fan when I was younger. I went to see this movie one weekend with my brothers I think I enjoyed it but it was more than 20 years ago.

I hope all you girl My Little Pony fans don't mind that myself a boy liked playing with your favourite toy. This movie was really great and seeing it again after all these years made me happy. Magic Star was my favourite charachter in the movie. And yes I had a Magic Star pony of my own.

I loved this movie. Any fan of the old My Little Pony's should buy this movie

5.0 out of 5 stars the best movie in the world, June 20 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: My Little Pony (VHS Tape)
one of the best movies for me i saw it once only and that was when it aired on disney my parents taped i t for me but sadly it was lost forever about 2 seconds later.
plot:the pony festival is in town and the ponies are having a great time preparing for this awsome festival.except as always the evil witch ? wants to spoil the ocassion.so one pony and dragon run away.the valley gets burried in purple goop.the ponies meet someunpleasant family.and the all live happily ever after.the end sounds like a faerietale storybook.

5.0 out of 5 stars These great 809's cartoons used to teach kids about adult problems ..., July 25 2014
This review is from: My Little Pony: The Movie [Import] (DVD)
Nothing compares to the original TV show and Movie. Cartoons today just don't teach kids the same things. These great 809's cartoons used to teach kids about adult problems in a child friendly way. I love all the guest star voices like Cloris Leachman that you never realized as a child. This movie is funny, exciting and fun for the whole family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Test Of Ponyland, July 21 2013
marriedutopianstriver "Seeker Of Heaven On Earth" (blogspot and tumblr) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Little Pony: The Movie [Import] (DVD)
“My Little Pony: The Movie” features the plot of Ponyland coming under the target of a witch named Hydia and her daughters Draggle and Reeka. Hydia and her daughters live in a volcano and simply want to unleash mischief after the ponies had successfully turned the land into a happy place. At first Hydria succeeds and unleashes a purple gunk on the Ponyland castle. The ponies are helped by three kids and are gifted with an estate named “Paradise” by what appears to be a forest elder. “My Little Pony: The Movie” is a cheery film safe for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this movie, July 4 2004
By A Customer
yes i love this movie so much it is great and all and i wish it was on dvd it said it is but no well that all thanks

My Little Pony: The Movie [Import]
My Little Pony: The Movie [Import] by Mike Joens (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 219.68