biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on August 24, 2014
This is one of my favourite movies. I believe we all have our go to movies when we need a pick me up and this is one of mine. Even the commentary is hysterical.
on January 18, 2011
This movie is hillarious. There were a few freezes with this particular disc, but my laptop's a beast. It can handle anything.
on December 25, 2006
I got this movie for a Christmas present after having thoroughly enjoyed the film with my kids (14 & 10) in the theatre.The problem was, we got the uncut/unrated version instead of the PG-13. I had to shut the movie off less than a half hour in. This version cuts important scenes, has more gratuitous swearing and sexual innuendo and basically loses all the charm of the movie we saw in the theatre.Why they call it "Uncut" puzzles me when they cut two important scenes from the theatrical release. I guess this one will be a coaster as I have to go out and get the PG-13 version. Just be careful to check the packaging so you don't get stuck with this mess.
on May 12, 2015
What's not to like? Shake'n'bake!
on November 19, 2015
Speedy delivery and a great movie
on December 21, 2006
I wanted to watch this as soon as I found out Sacha Baron Cohen was in it (I'm a big Ali G fan). I've enjoyed other Will Ferrell movies - Anchorman in particular - but I'm not a fan of NASCAR and, watching the previews and trailers, it looked a bit, ah, predictable.

But what was quickly apparent was that this is not a movie that is taking itself seriously. It pokes fun at some very stereotypical American types, and NASCAR itself, while at the same time revelling in the fun of the sport and all its hype.

Many of the jokes were worse than crass, they were downright vulgar. I still laughed. Many times I felt my jaw gape, or I cringed, and while I knew they were not meant to be taken seriously, I couldn't help but feel a bit sickened. The two boys, in particular, although reformed, were painful to listen to. Although exaggerated a great deal, the characters are sadly recognisable.

Sacha Baron Cohen, though, steals the movie with his faux French accent, his cliched, over-the-top homosexuality, his pursed mouth, greased curls and comic timing. He is almost unrecognisable in the role, a testament to his acting abilities.

I did enjoy this movie, and it is funny, but rife with product placement to the point that it's a joke - yet still it's product placement. Oh, and don't dwell too much on the weird plot holes.

I wouldn't consider this a kids movie by any means, and it's too obvious to be clever. Look elsewhere for more subtle wit: Talladega Nights is for drunken laughs only.
on February 9, 2016
Good movie, good price.
on August 7, 2015
Awesome movie.
on May 5, 2013
As a general rule, when it comes to Will Ferrell, you know what you're walking into and Talladega Nights doesn't disappoint. This is the unrated and uncut version of the film, which adds several extra minutes of laughs, and will have you wondering why they were cut from the theatrical release.
John C Riley is fantastic.
on January 27, 2013
It's movie about NASCAR and features a Crystal Gayle t shirt, so don't expect anything short of ridiculous. If I was generous I would call it tounge and cheek, if I was cranky I'd call it juvenile. But I thought it was fun and will watch it many times. May Oprah save us all.