5.0 out of 5 stars Watch with the commentary too!
This is one of my favourite movies. I believe we all have our go to movies when we need a pick me up and this is one of mine. Even the commentary is hysterical.
Published 11 months ago by Amelie

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The PG-13 version
Published on Dec 25 2006 by Guitarzan

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch with the commentary too!, Aug. 24 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferrell FTW, Jan. 18 2011
This movie is hillarious. There were a few freezes with this particular disc, but my laptop's a beast. It can handle anything.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The PG-13 version, Dec 25 2006
Guitarzan (London, Ont.) - See all my reviews
I got this movie for a Christmas present after having thoroughly enjoyed the film with my kids (14 & 10) in the theatre.The problem was, we got the uncut/unrated version instead of the PG-13. I had to shut the movie off less than a half hour in. This version cuts important scenes, has more gratuitous swearing and sexual innuendo and basically loses all the charm of the movie we saw in the theatre.Why they call it "Uncut" puzzles me when they cut two important scenes from the theatrical release. I guess this one will be a coaster as I have to go out and get the PG-13 version. Just be careful to check the packaging so you don't get stuck with this mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 12 2015
What's not to like? Shake'n'bake!

4.0 out of 5 stars Will Ferrell unleashed, Dec 21 2006
I wanted to watch this as soon as I found out Sacha Baron Cohen was in it (I'm a big Ali G fan). I've enjoyed other Will Ferrell movies - Anchorman in particular - but I'm not a fan of NASCAR and, watching the previews and trailers, it looked a bit, ah, predictable.

But what was quickly apparent was that this is not a movie that is taking itself seriously. It pokes fun at some very stereotypical American types, and NASCAR itself, while at the same time revelling in the fun of the sport and all its hype.

Many of the jokes were worse than crass, they were downright vulgar. I still laughed. Many times I felt my jaw gape, or I cringed, and while I knew they were not meant to be taken seriously, I couldn't help but feel a bit sickened. The two boys, in particular, although reformed, were painful to listen to. Although exaggerated a great deal, the characters are sadly recognisable.

Sacha Baron Cohen, though, steals the movie with his faux French accent, his cliched, over-the-top homosexuality, his pursed mouth, greased curls and comic timing. He is almost unrecognisable in the role, a testament to his acting abilities.

I did enjoy this movie, and it is funny, but rife with product placement to the point that it's a joke - yet still it's product placement. Oh, and don't dwell too much on the weird plot holes.

I wouldn't consider this a kids movie by any means, and it's too obvious to be clever. Look elsewhere for more subtle wit: Talladega Nights is for drunken laughs only.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, May 5 2013
J. D. Butler - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Unrated and Uncut) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
As a general rule, when it comes to Will Ferrell, you know what you're walking into and Talladega Nights doesn't disappoint. This is the unrated and uncut version of the film, which adds several extra minutes of laughs, and will have you wondering why they were cut from the theatrical release.
John C Riley is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love stupid fun?, Jan. 27 2013
It's movie about NASCAR and features a Crystal Gayle t shirt, so don't expect anything short of ridiculous. If I was generous I would call it tounge and cheek, if I was cranky I'd call it juvenile. But I thought it was fun and will watch it many times. May Oprah save us all.

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, Nov. 24 2014
loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 20 2015
Perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Very origional., Aug. 29 2013
I loved it, very different, broke the mold from the "same old" and came up with something new. Thanks for something worth watching.