4.0 out of 5 stars Will Ferrell unleashed
I wanted to watch this as soon as I found out Sacha Baron Cohen was in it (I'm a big Ali G fan). I've enjoyed other Will Ferrell movies - Anchorman in particular - but I'm not a fan of NASCAR and, watching the previews and trailers, it looked a bit, ah, predictable.

Published on Dec 21 2006 by Shannon "Giraffe Days"

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The PG-13 version
Published on Dec 25 2006 by P. Roach

4.0 out of 5 stars Will Ferrell unleashed, Dec 21 2006

But what was quickly apparent was that this is not a movie that is taking itself seriously. It pokes fun at some very stereotypical American types, and NASCAR itself, while at the same time revelling in the fun of the sport and all its hype.

Many of the jokes were worse than crass, they were downright vulgar. I still laughed. Many times I felt my jaw gape, or I cringed, and while I knew they were not meant to be taken seriously, I couldn't help but feel a bit sickened. The two boys, in particular, although reformed, were painful to listen to. Although exaggerated a great deal, the characters are sadly recognisable.

Sacha Baron Cohen, though, steals the movie with his faux French accent, his cliched, over-the-top homosexuality, his pursed mouth, greased curls and comic timing. He is almost unrecognisable in the role, a testament to his acting abilities.

I did enjoy this movie, and it is funny, but rife with product placement to the point that it's a joke - yet still it's product placement. Oh, and don't dwell too much on the weird plot holes.

I wouldn't consider this a kids movie by any means, and it's too obvious to be clever. Look elsewhere for more subtle wit: Talladega Nights is for drunken laughs only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch with the commentary too!, Aug. 24 2014
This is one of my favourite movies. I believe we all have our go to movies when we need a pick me up and this is one of mine. Even the commentary is hysterical.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The PG-13 version, Dec 25 2006
P. Roach (London, Ont.) - See all my reviews
I got this movie for a Christmas present after having thoroughly enjoyed the film with my kids (14 & 10) in the theatre.The problem was, we got the uncut/unrated version instead of the PG-13. I had to shut the movie off less than a half hour in. This version cuts important scenes, has more gratuitous swearing and sexual innuendo and basically loses all the charm of the movie we saw in the theatre.Why they call it "Uncut" puzzles me when they cut two important scenes from the theatrical release. I guess this one will be a coaster as I have to go out and get the PG-13 version. Just be careful to check the packaging so you don't get stuck with this mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferrell FTW, Jan. 18 2011
This movie is hillarious. There were a few freezes with this particular disc, but my laptop's a beast. It can handle anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Very origional., Aug. 29 2013
I loved it, very different, broke the mold from the "same old" and came up with something new. Thanks for something worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny movie, July 29 2013
This review is from: Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Just as I remembered it. Great to add to the collection and blu ray makes it even better. So funny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, May 5 2013
J. D. Butler - See all my reviews
As a general rule, when it comes to Will Ferrell, you know what you're walking into and Talladega Nights doesn't disappoint. This is the unrated and uncut version of the film, which adds several extra minutes of laughs, and will have you wondering why they were cut from the theatrical release.
John C Riley is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love stupid fun?, Jan. 27 2013
It's movie about NASCAR and features a Crystal Gayle t shirt, so don't expect anything short of ridiculous. If I was generous I would call it tounge and cheek, if I was cranky I'd call it juvenile. But I thought it was fun and will watch it many times. May Oprah save us all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, Jan. 10 2007
D. Chandon "Dems" (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
What can I say about this film that hasn't been said before. Will Farrell isn't funny, he was in SNL back when his comedy was original. And the best example of how recycled and unispired his sense of humour is, is with this film. Seriously, jokes that are long and drawn out way passed the point of being slightly amusing. That whole scene with Ricky Bobby, and his family saying grace at the dinner table for like 10 minutes with an argument over which Jesus is their favourite. I realize this might sound somewhat funny, but if you were to see this road apple you'd understand how this movie stinks. Also the regurgitation of jokes in this movie shows how truly flat and this movie was written. Roughly 5 minutes of seeing Ricky Bobby running around in his underwear screaming for Tom Cruise and Oprah gets boring. Not to mention the obvious source of the character was his George W. Bush SNL impersonation. Not even with the presence of Sacha Baron Cohen (a.k.a. Ali G) was this movie saved, with the redundant gay, French man joke, fused with many, many horrible puns that make no sense. If this movie were a car, it wouldn't be a Nascar, but some brokedown jolopee in someone's front yard. This movie isn't funny, doesn't start funny, doesn't end funny, this movie has to be one of the most awful tragedies I have ever had the misfortune of watching, if you like laughing don't watch this movie. This is one car wreck that you shouldn't be rubber necking to see, it ain't pretty.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 9.83