5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I remembered!
Published on April 19 2007 by Angelo

3.0 out of 5 stars before 007
J'ai choisis 3 étoiles parce que la livraison fut longue, et le produit est légèrement défectueux.
Published 11 months ago by FORTIN, Ginette

3.0 out of 5 stars before 007, Oct. 3 2013
This review is from: Remington Steele: The Complete Series - Seasons 1-5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
J'ai adoré la série et je me rappelle de bon souvenir en la regardant de nouveau. J'ai même quelques amies qui connaissent l'acteur PB par son rôle de 007 et ne s'avais pas dans quoi il avait travailler avant, je leur fait connaître ce splendide spécimen et la magnifique actrice qui l'accompagne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I remembered!, April 19 2007
Angelo (Ontario, CANADA) - See all my reviews
I was a teenager in the 80's, and shows like Remington Steele, which featured an intelligent, independent female private investigator, influenced me greatly. Because I had such fond memories of the series, I was reluctant to buy the DVD's, afraid that as an adult I would be disappointed in my teenage tastes. Au contraire! As an adult, I found that I could appreciate the witty banter even more, and the fundamental qualities of the show were just as good as I remembered:

1) extremely clever plotting, full of interesting suspects, bizarre clues, twists and turns, with a resolution that would always make perfect sense and yet be a total surprise

2) sharp, witty dialogue that showcased how two intelligent, independent people would challenge each other while juggling their mutual attraction on the way to solving the latest case

3) fantastic characterization that was endearing and yet humourous, never stalling the plot, and yet allowing us to become more and more invested in the characters

4) spot-on humour, ranging from farce to witty banter, that had me laughing out loud many times

Bravo to the writers and to the actors who pulled off such an amazing mixture of mystery, comedy, and romance. Escpecially in this day and age of gritty realism and explicit sex and violence, I am grateful to escape to such light-hearted, fun and engaging stories. I would recommend this set to everyone!

Remington Steele: The Complete Series - Seasons 1-5 (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 159.98