march boutiques-francophones snsflyout Introducing Kindle Oasis Unlimited cloud storage Music Deals Store sports Furniture Tools

Size: 8 Feet|Change

on February 12, 2012
We bought this power bar to be an unobtrusive power bar for our kitchen. The flat fall plug and long 8' cord make this power bar perfect for both tight spaces and locations where you need to run an extension that doesn't look too awful. Because our power plug is about 3 feet above ground, a power bar with a fat connector and short cable would have looked bad and not suited our needs. This Belkin works great. Our home phone and 2 laptops run on this surge suppressor with ease!
on December 11, 2012
I was looking for a surge protector to replace my current wonky setup; a power strip hooked up to a big surge protector, the kind meant for computers and entertainment systems. After much evaluating of my options I decided to go with this product, and I'm glad I did. My needs were a thing surge protector with a long cord and most importantly, a flat swivel plug. My then current setup had a plug which protruded out of the wall by ~10 centimeters, not functional or visually pleasing. I had always feared of breaking the outlet by hitting the plug. This surge protector plug comes out of the wall, but only by a couple of centimeters. Another problem which the surge protector solved had to do with my outlets being up side down. Any non swivel plug that was flat would have the cord facing upwards instead on down. Thanks to the swivel plug though, the problem has since been alleviated. Though I can't vouch for the protection this thing provides for my electronic equipment, I can say that on many fronts, this thing is a winner.
on November 21, 2014
I was in a hurry when I ordered this so I didn't read the description carefully. It was hard to find an 8' cord so this became my prime consideration. I was thrilled when I found the plug head swivels so it doesn't block two plugs or need the bottom plug. Also a flat head so it fits behind furniture. Too bad all power bars are not made with these details.

Very pleased with my purchase.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 5, 2015
I've been very pleased with this power bar. The 8 foot length of the power cord is perfect for traveling. Plugs in hotels tend to be buried behind the bed, or on the wrong side of the room, and this fixes that problem. The raised portion of the bar isn't up too high, so you can plug an adapter in without taking up more than one outlet.

The power switch on the end of the bar also acts as a circuit breaker, so if it ever gets a surge, it will flip the switch to off, and you just have to change it back to on to reset it. The bar that I travel with has been tripped three times that I know of, and it's still working great.

Probably the best thing about this power bar is the rotating plug. If you've got an outlet that has other devices plugged in, you can easily rotate the cable out of the way. This is also great for getting an extra couple inches of cable when you really need it.

Pros:

- Long power cord
- Rotating power plug
- Surge protection
- Raised portion low enough to allow AC/DC adapter to be plugged in

Cons:

- A bit expensive unless it's on sale.
on December 15, 2013
Bought this when it was on sale (I don't think Amazon stocks it anymore) but on the whole I agree with the other review-- it's nice but it's also not much different from your average power bar. The 2.5 feet cord is a bit too short for my liking and the cord itself is very unwieldy which can be annoying, but otherwise it's not bad.
on July 3, 2015
Quite expensive for a power bar, but worth the money. It is very flexible, the plug turns 360 degrees and the cord is quite long. It has a 700 joule rating, which is good and overall the power bar looks and feels a lot nicer.
on February 10, 2016
I bought this one for the flat rotating plug to go with my sit/stand desk. It works great for that purpose as I have the bar hooked up underneath my desk. It rotates and stays pretty flat against the wall to keep my desk and office looking nice and clean. I'd prefer to have the plugs facing to the side and to be more spread out, since the tight vertical configuration always ends up leaving one or two outlets unusable. That being said, it still works really well for me.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 26, 2015
Finally, an 8 foot extension cord! I hate the gawdy look of cords everywhere, and I needed an extension cord that I could hide behind a piece of furniture since all of my plugs are located far away from the outlets. It took me a while to find this product after going to several hardware stores. This powercord is exactly what I need and since it is white, it blends it great with my walls and carpet.
on May 3, 2016
A very nice surge protector! The rotating power plug is very useful and the power switch is located where it cannot be accidentally turned off. What a great design! Although the 8 feet length includes the length of the powerbar itself so it was dissapointing. Other than that, I am very satisfied with the product. It arrived very early so I was very happy with that.
on April 6, 2016
Smaller/lighter plugs can wiggle out of the outlet because of slight movements of the power bar. I have mine under my desk and if I touch it with my foot my monitor goes black because the plug isn't making complete contact with the bar. No on/off button is kind of annoying.