march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on March 2, 2005
The greatest fabrication ever made.
on March 19, 2016
I'm sure its a great movie but it came with English subtitles which i was not expecting. As well the movie did not arrive until a week past the expected arrival date.
on January 31, 2016
i have not been able to play this video on any type of machine
on August 31, 2004
I can appreciate "The Passion of the Chirst" for its historical importance, but this DVD release is a real let-down for fans of the film. Consumers should expect more than bare bones editions at full price, only to be hit with 2 disc special editions 12 to 24 months down the line. This is a basic rental DVD, I'd recommend waiting for the special edition of "The Passion of the Christ" which the studio is sure to follow this release with.
on March 27, 2016
I expected English. It should have been stated at the beginning that it was not. I abhor reading subtitles. Not impressed at all.
on January 25, 2016
Any film depicting our Lord and Savior like this is shameful.
on June 29, 2004
This is my second submission, a response to questions and subsequent discussions both in favor and against my original review.
To those of you who have said that "The Passion" was so made taking into account the current sorry state of faith within the Christian community and that a film so brutal was needed to awaken Christians and the people of the world, I can only ask the following. Has the Christian community eroded so much in values that a depiction of a killing of this savage imagery is needed to awaken them? Have we become animals to watch for two hours the sadistic torture and killing of a man to feel love and compassion? When we try and prevent the killing of animals we do not make films with animation, puppets or stuffed animals. Instead we play to people footage of real animals being killed by real people. And has this done any good? Poachers are alive and well to this very day and species of beautiful creatures are becoming extinct across our planet. Christians are no beasts to watch such a brutal killing of their loved one to remember God or Christ. Christian or not, trying to evoke emotions such as love and forgiveness by making people watch the slaughtering of another human being is a big load of B.S.
To those of you who asked me the question, "Mel Gibson tried to show how Jesus died for the world. Wouldn't you want your child to know how you suffered for him?", my answer is 'No' and if 'Yes' reveal to my child the truth and nothing but the truth, not an exaggeration. If Mel's version was the truth why didn't he admit that on the interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC. To quote, "This is my version of what happened, according to the gospels and what I wanted to show - the aspects of it I wanted to show." Mel did not say, "This is what happened according to the gospels." Neither Jesus nor The Holy Bible advocates watching the enactment of the crucifixion to feel love, compassion and forgiveness.
And to those who have told me that Mel had a vision from God I can only dismiss the argument as pure nonsense. I think some of you have misunderstood Mel's 'personal vision' for divine vision.
And finally here is a critical and unbiased analysis of the movie at the Jesus Seminar Forum at, [...] An enlightening section of the article also offers a psychological and psychiatric explanation of Mel Gibson's attempt at solving his own problems using the film. The article will remind one of the 'stuffed effigy of the boss' that the irate and stressed employees are allowed to beat to pulp, in order to relieve themselves of their mental agony. In Mel's case he simply replaced the dummy with Jesus. Filled with quotations and numerous references to The Holy Bible this exhaustive review is a must-read.
on July 3, 2004
The people who flock to this film scare me most of all. They find it amusing and exciting to pay to watch a person be persecuted and tortured to death. Disgusting. In any decent human the reaction to a person being tortured in such a way for they sake of yourself should be to cry out "Stop! I am not worth your suffering." However, millions come in droves and enjoy every second. These same people who claim to follow a person who so blindly loves other people regardless of themselves spend the rest of their time wanting to supress and persecute others for their beliefs. Unbelievable.
This is NOT Jesus' legacy. none of it.
on June 15, 2004
If you go into this film without a personal agenda, you'll find it basically leaves you physically exhausted and emotionally flat. If your going to get a faith booster shot, you'll get what you want. Other than that, the book was better.
on September 28, 2004
This is a flawed film based on a totally flawed notion. You want Mel Gibson, go see an adventure flick. You want gore, well, you can buy this one. Stupid and up-chucking.