4.0 out of 5 stars There's More To The Story

Published on March 4 2007 by K. Beardsley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars There's More To The Story, May 6 2007
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
The Secret is one of the best produced and edited DVDs of its kind that I have ever seen. And the line-up of teachers and presenters is top-notch. There is only one reason I give this DVD four stars instead of five. The Secret is about the Law of Attraction, and how we can use that Law to "attract" into our lives anything we want. But it spends 95% of the time talking only about being focused on what you want (rather than what you don't want), and generating positive feelings about that. It only spends 5% of the time making it clear that what we really attract into our lives is the people, circumstances, and opportunities that lead us to what we want. In other words, when we utilize the principles mentioned in The Secret, doors open. But we have to recognize those doors for what they are and go through them. And that involves action. Many people who watch The Secret walk away with the impression that visualization and positive feelings is all it takes. It isn't. You still have to do something. As long as you keep that in mind, The Secret contains information that can be life altering. Enjoy!

Steven Lane Taylor, author of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow"

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Sense, April 30 2007
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
If you have the patience to sit through 92 minutes of DVD, there is something you can learn from The Secret. There are no claims to change your life in 90 days or your money back. But there are hints, ideas, suggestions about how you might go about making those changes yourself. Personally I had heard the same information on a number of previous occasions. That does not minimize the message. Decide what you want ( instead of what you don't want), and start taking steps to get what it is. Bob Proctor says right at the beginning that "....you are being introduced to the secret...". And this DVD is just that...an introduction to a more fulfilling life IF you are prepared to do the work.

Think positively, be mindful of opportunities that pass your way, envision your life the way it will be when your goals have been reached, take action. No one on this DVD claimed that thinking about their goals brought them to fruition. Every one of the speakers took action.

If your life needs no improvement, then be grateful for your blessings. For the rest of us, The Secret provides some guidelines to finding our own bliss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should view this dvd as well as read the book, March 11 2010
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
I waited for the right time to view this dvd with my husband and granddaughter, both of whom are struggling with some life decisions. Neither of them likes reading, so even though I have handed them the book, The Secret, it sits unread. They both watched the entire movie and I believe it is already helping them to define their goals. I have been using the law of attraction for many years and am a firm believer. IT WORKS!

1.0 out of 5 stars No Substance, March 4 2007
K. Beardsley (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
This DVD is all style and no substance. It consists of a bunch of empty slogans spoken in soothing voices by a bunch of sincere, smiling "experts" (philosophers, a metaphysician, a "visionary"). These are all spliced together with fictional scenes in a way that makes the whole thing seem kind of disjointed and manic. These scenes are simplistic and laughable - a giant genie offering to fulfill your every wish, a man in Roman times copying some text (the "secret," we are to presume) and then being chased through a tunnel, a woman seeing a necklace she likes receives it as a gift after visualizing it.

The "Secret" insults my intelligence. I'm blessed with the ability to reason and think critically, and I know that when something promises to be the "secret" to EVERYTHING I'VE EVER WANTED, it's too good to be true.

Think positively and work towards your goals, but don't think that the universe is going to provide you with all of your petty little material wants simply because you really really want them. Definitely don't waste your money on this drivel. The only people getting rich off of the "Secret" are the participants.

1.0 out of 5 stars This DVD cannot be trusted., March 4 2007
Barry Wilson (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
It seems everyone knows this "Secret" is not a secret. So the DVD and book lie from the outset. It was never suppressed. There is no proof offered that the famous people who knew the "secret" actually knew it.

It's a repackaged version of the Book "The Power of Positive Thinking. Positive thinking is a good way to feel happy and confident. It helps to accomplish your goals. This book says you don't have to work you only have to think in the correct, positive way and then want you want will somehow arrive.

It says Isaac Newton knew the secret. And for those of you who aren't aware of the premise the secret is the "Law of Attraction"

But Newton formulated something different,

The law of universal attraction

This was identified by Newton as a force acting upon any two bodies in the Universe, Called the law of universal attraction or gravity.

The law that an object will fall to the ground or the moon is held in place by a larger object; the Earth. It wasn't about getting necklaces.

Having people give you an expensive necklace is one of the things the DVD shows are attainable if you use their Law of Attraction.

Here's the central premise of the Secret so those of you out there don't have to spend money on this.

The law of attraction that is mentioned in the book and DVD is; if you have positive thoughts about wanting things or health or love then those things will come to you.

Ask, Believe, Receive are the key to getting what you want.

On one hand the DVD "experts" (since the creator of the movie found experts that is more proof there is no secret.) say that the law of attraction works whether you believe in it or not. But with Ask, Believe, Receive it states you have to BELIEVE for it to work. That is the way out for most spiritual con artists. If their predictions are wrong or their advice doesn't work it is your fault.

The DVD also warns that if you think negatively than those bad things will happen to you. One example in the movie is a person in their car who does not want to be late. He thinks I don't want to be late so that supposed negative thought radiates outside him and causes him to be stuck in traffic. I don't know about you but I have not wanted to be late many times and that was all that was on my mind.

I either left early and wasn't late or I drove really fast and I wasn't late and I was late. There was no correlation between thought and result.

The creator a Ms. Byrne a TV producer was not doing well financially or in her career when she read a book

''The Science of Getting Rich,'' first published in 1910. No suppression of that book. She then read other non suppressed books in the same theme.

So what did she do? Did she use the power of the secret to attract millions of dollars and attract wonderful TV projects to produce that would make her lots of money and fame? No she worked. She came up with and idea and wrote out a script, she sought out financing for the movie. She didn't wait until the financing was attracted to her. She sat down and wrote a book. She worked to get what she wanted.

Ms. Byrne upended the whole idea of the Law of Attraction by going out and getting something instead of ASKING, BELIEVING AND RECEIVING

Then by clever marketing, she was able to expose the DVD to the public and enough people who look for the easy way in life purchased it. They were not attracted to blindly send her money. She provided a place to buy it. The book preaches magic but the creator practiced hard work and persistence and good old fashioned imagination to get her millions. The fact that her ideas are not worth buying but sold into the millions is a testament to those many people who don't want to work or develop their imagination. They want the get rich quick scheme. Or get love quick or get healthy quick scheme.

Bottom line: The Secret is of no value as it can be summed up in a few phrases that have been openly spoken and written for ages.

Think Positive about your life, Think about what you want to achieve. Visualize your goal or whatever accomplishment large or small you want to attain. Much like a Golfer sees his shot landing on the green before he hits the ball. Study, work and show initiative in order to gain that which you want. If you sit in your home waiting, nothing will happen. Of course you should also buy a lottery ticket now and then because somebody has to win.

One last story about negative thinking, I wrote and performed in a play, at a small Toronto theatre. I financed it myself. I made the costumes and props and did most of the Publicity. We rehearsed and had some previews and then it was time for the night the critics came. For two weeks I was convinced the critics would hate it. I was able to visualize their faces in the audience looking grim, bored and angry they had showed up.

It was irrational but those thoughts obsessed me. That Opening night was also the night the heat didn't work and it was -10 Celsius outside

The reviews came out the next week and it was a huge critical success. They all loved it! The play sold out for 8 months. So despite what the secret says, despite the law of attraction that works whether you believe it or not, I didn't attract bad reviews. I had worked very hard and despite my negativity and fear the play was a success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read by anybody who wants a better life, Feb. 17 2014
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
The secret opened my mind and my heart to what was important in life! Thank you Rhonda, the magic operates all ready!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disapointed, Dec 22 2013
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
Recieved cd and all scratched cannot watch ...very disapointed ordered many books and this time was very disappointed ..was not expecting that.

5.0 out of 5 stars open your mind, Nov. 28 2013
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
The secret opens you mind to what is possible. It is a great positive way to look at life. The power is within you. I am so thankful that the secret was introduced to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret to Life, April 2 2013
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
The Secret video explains very clearly the method used by all very successful individuals throughout history to achieve great results.

5.0 out of 5 stars The secret isn't complicated, March 24 2007
Lady Di (Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret (Extended Edition) (DVD)
As with everything, you take what you can use on this DVD and leave the rest. The KISS principle applies here. The Secret is all about the power of intention. Intend, believe it and follow through. You can't intend to win the lottery without buying a ticket. The Secret on the DVD is just explained quite simply. I find with many reviews, people tend to complicate. I choose to live simply and it had worked for me. If a person is happy everything falls into place. Once you decide to make the change to be happier, things change in your life to support that intent. Friends, family, co-workers all feel threatened. Some come around and others don't. The first step is always the most difficult. Make the choice to live happier. This DVD just supports my intent, I am the creator of my life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb35c8048)

The Secret (Extended Edition)
The Secret (Extended Edition) by Drew Heriot (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 56.08 CDN$ 24.99