biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Size: 34 oz.Color: BlackChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 26, 2015
Tldr; been using mine daily for a couple months. Easy to use. Makes great (better than drip - IMO) coffee. Would recommend.

Great overall. Simple basic instructions on the back of the glass by the handle. I love being able to steep my coffee. It can make a good litre of coffee each filling. It makes coffee as fast or faster than my drip machine. I fill mine with coffee grinds and 1.1L of hot water. The .1L takes it right about 1/3" off the pouring lip and that way I get 2 full 500ml cups of joe after pressing. I usually grind my own beans into the coarse grind for French press but I've used store bought ground coffee no problem with zero large grounds in my coffee at all.

Only thing I was unsure of is the screen mine came with is slightly warped on the one side a couple times and the other side looks perfectly round. It operates perfectly fine and keeps the grinds back but the screen catches on the sponge/cloth I use when I'm washing it by hand and I'm worried I may tear it by mistake one day.

Otherwise all is good with this press and would make any coffee lover happy.
review image review image review image review image
on January 9, 2014
My boyfriend is the lazy sort of coffee drinker, half-asleep in the morning, doesn't want to fiddle with stoves or coffee filters. This gives him great coffee with minimal fuss and waste, and it's easy to clean all of the pieces (2) after to get rid of the coffee smell especially since it's glass, the smell doesn't get trapped.

If you're not a coffee drinker, like me, you can also use this to brew loose leaf tea! Put in the amount of leaves you need for however much tea you'd like, and after putting in the boiling water, push the plunger about more than halfway down but not to the very bottom otherwise you'll get a way more bitter tea.
on August 30, 2015
Works well as a coffee maker, very simple to use, however the plastic casing cracked on the bottom of the coffee maker after 6 months. This is through normal use and hand washing. I expected it to last longer than this.

Update September, 2015: Bodum replaced the coffee maker free of charge, and I'm happy with the service I got.
review image
on November 17, 2015
I have used this daily since I got it several months ago. I had a Keurig, which was fine, but I moved and have far less counter space in my new kitchen. The Keurig has a pretty big footprint. After reading the reviews, and loving the price, I bought this french press from Amazon. I used my own locally purchased organic coffee in the Keurig and can definitively state that the Bodum brews a far superior cup of coffee. It is easy to clean too.

I use three scoops of coarsely ground coffee, fill with boiling water, and give it a stir with the end of a wooden spoon. Then I set the lid on top and four minutes later, slowly press down. I wash this in the dishwasher. It also makes great cold-brewed coffee.

I just bought another one for my nephew, who I know will love it too.
on March 1, 2011
Highly recommended. We use it as our everyday coffee maker. One brewing only makes enough for two mugs but it only takes four minutes to brew. Easy to clean, easy to use. Makes a great rich, dark coffee. Recommend six rounded scoops of coarse ground coffee for each full brew.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2012
It is what it is .... an awesome press...... have used fine to coarse grinds and always a clean cup of joe....I use a bodum conical burr grinder..... try to get it on sale
on May 3, 2014
I have used Bodum products for over 10 years. The quality of this coffee press is as good as my last one but at a much better price.
on January 9, 2016
In addition to being misleading by name (8 cups of expresso. Not 8 cups measurement. Actually holds up to 4 cups, so 1L), this the plastic surround for the glass isn't properly sealed, causing both water and coffee grounds to get caught in-between it and the glass. Fortunately, running water underneath seems to evacuate the bulk of the grounds, but you're still stuck with water there as well as a certain amount of coffee debris. This wouldn't be an issue if the handle and bottom could easily be removed, but it doesn't appear to be the case (at least, not without break-in the glass).

Be wary of the plastic, too. Coffee oils will certainly stain the plastic if not quickly cleaned up.

It's a mediocre press at best.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2011
Makes great coffee. Very convenient and fast. Easy to store and maintain. A great coffee maker for RVs and/or camping. Just boil water and you're set to have a great cup of coffee. A must for coffee lovers.
on June 23, 2012
I absolutely love all things Bodum. I bought two of these because the taste of French Press coffee is unbeatable. Bodum makes the best French Presses. Easy to clean, durable, and really cute (I have a few presses in a variety of different colours).

This 8 cup press is great for any coffee lover. Just make sure the coffee beans are freshly ground on the coarsest setting, you use filtered water (yuck to chlorine!) and the water temperature is 93C/200F.

Would buy this product again for myself and will buy more for gifts!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse