countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Tools Registry

Size: 34 oz.|Color: Black|Change

on July 18, 2016
It's awesome. Simple design, sturdy, easy to clean and perfect coffee. Quick tips - make sure you use a wooden spoon to stir, not metal, in order to prevent any damage to the glass. And make sure you use a course grind on your coffee beans (it should be the consistency of sea salt). If you use a fine grind, supposedly it can risk clogging the press or leaving sediment behind - I don't use fine grind, so I haven't experienced any problems like this, but just so you know. I buy my beans at Starbucks and ask for a French Press grind and it makes perfect coffee in this Press. For clean-up, just running the filter portion under water is all that's needed and then you just dump the used coffee grinds and wash the main glass portion. It takes no more than a minute. Really nice little unit and I think it would make a great gift! The coffee is excellent and a million times better than what you get with those awful k-cups.
on May 18, 2016
Solid product that I use everyday. Recommend grinding your own coffee as you need a course grind. Despite saying 8 cups, I usually get about 3 full mugs of coffee. Some of the finer 'sludge' will be left in the mug as you reach the bottom of the pot, but that's the nature of the beast. The beauty of these units is that they are solid, easy to clean and you can make good coffee in the same amount of time it would take to make instant
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 26, 2015
Tldr; been using mine daily for a couple months. Easy to use. Makes great (better than drip - IMO) coffee. Would recommend.

Great overall. Simple basic instructions on the back of the glass by the handle. I love being able to steep my coffee. It can make a good litre of coffee each filling. It makes coffee as fast or faster than my drip machine. I fill mine with coffee grinds and 1.1L of hot water. The .1L takes it right about 1/3" off the pouring lip and that way I get 2 full 500ml cups of joe after pressing. I usually grind my own beans into the coarse grind for French press but I've used store bought ground coffee no problem with zero large grounds in my coffee at all.

Only thing I was unsure of is the screen mine came with is slightly warped on the one side a couple times and the other side looks perfectly round. It operates perfectly fine and keeps the grinds back but the screen catches on the sponge/cloth I use when I'm washing it by hand and I'm worried I may tear it by mistake one day.

Otherwise all is good with this press and would make any coffee lover happy.
review image review image review image review image
on July 16, 2016
Bodum make some of the best coffee related tools and appliances. If this is your first french press and you are coming from the drip coffee world, DO IT! The taste is night and day. I recommend buying a grinder to get the perfect fineness on your grind (also, coffee ground fresh tastes better).
on August 30, 2015
Works well as a coffee maker, very simple to use, however the plastic casing cracked on the bottom of the coffee maker after 6 months. This is through normal use and hand washing. I expected it to last longer than this.

Update September, 2015: Bodum replaced the coffee maker free of charge, and I'm happy with the service I got.
review image
on January 9, 2014
My boyfriend is the lazy sort of coffee drinker, half-asleep in the morning, doesn't want to fiddle with stoves or coffee filters. This gives him great coffee with minimal fuss and waste, and it's easy to clean all of the pieces (2) after to get rid of the coffee smell especially since it's glass, the smell doesn't get trapped.

If you're not a coffee drinker, like me, you can also use this to brew loose leaf tea! Put in the amount of leaves you need for however much tea you'd like, and after putting in the boiling water, push the plunger about more than halfway down but not to the very bottom otherwise you'll get a way more bitter tea.
on July 13, 2016
Depending on the grind of coffee there can be a bit of sludge at the bottom of your cup, but the coffee tastes delicious. Great for those with a gas stove during power outage or camping to make coffee without the household drip coffee maker!
on May 18, 2016
I was fed up with lower and middle ranged coffee makers and decided to buy this French Press instead. Not only did my coffee taste significantly better, but it was simple to make! Love that I can throw the entire thing in the dashwasher without any worry. Highly recommended.
on November 17, 2015
I have used this daily since I got it several months ago. I had a Keurig, which was fine, but I moved and have far less counter space in my new kitchen. The Keurig has a pretty big footprint. After reading the reviews, and loving the price, I bought this french press from Amazon. I used my own locally purchased organic coffee in the Keurig and can definitively state that the Bodum brews a far superior cup of coffee. It is easy to clean too.

I use three scoops of coarsely ground coffee, fill with boiling water, and give it a stir with the end of a wooden spoon. Then I set the lid on top and four minutes later, slowly press down. I wash this in the dishwasher. It also makes great cold-brewed coffee.

I just bought another one for my nephew, who I know will love it too.
on March 1, 2011
Highly recommended. We use it as our everyday coffee maker. One brewing only makes enough for two mugs but it only takes four minutes to brew. Easy to clean, easy to use. Makes a great rich, dark coffee. Recommend six rounded scoops of coarse ground coffee for each full brew.