march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Size: 34 oz.|Color: Black|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 26, 2015
Tldr; been using mine daily for a couple months. Easy to use. Makes great (better than drip - IMO) coffee. Would recommend.

Great overall. Simple basic instructions on the back of the glass by the handle. I love being able to steep my coffee. It can make a good litre of coffee each filling. It makes coffee as fast or faster than my drip machine. I fill mine with coffee grinds and 1.1L of hot water. The .1L takes it right about 1/3" off the pouring lip and that way I get 2 full 500ml cups of joe after pressing. I usually grind my own beans into the coarse grind for French press but I've used store bought ground coffee no problem with zero large grounds in my coffee at all.

Only thing I was unsure of is the screen mine came with is slightly warped on the one side a couple times and the other side looks perfectly round. It operates perfectly fine and keeps the grinds back but the screen catches on the sponge/cloth I use when I'm washing it by hand and I'm worried I may tear it by mistake one day.

Otherwise all is good with this press and would make any coffee lover happy.
review image review image review image review image
on January 9, 2014
My boyfriend is the lazy sort of coffee drinker, half-asleep in the morning, doesn't want to fiddle with stoves or coffee filters. This gives him great coffee with minimal fuss and waste, and it's easy to clean all of the pieces (2) after to get rid of the coffee smell especially since it's glass, the smell doesn't get trapped.

If you're not a coffee drinker, like me, you can also use this to brew loose leaf tea! Put in the amount of leaves you need for however much tea you'd like, and after putting in the boiling water, push the plunger about more than halfway down but not to the very bottom otherwise you'll get a way more bitter tea.
on August 30, 2015
Works well as a coffee maker, very simple to use, however the plastic casing cracked on the bottom of the coffee maker after 6 months. This is through normal use and hand washing. I expected it to last longer than this.

Update September, 2015: Bodum replaced the coffee maker free of charge, and I'm happy with the service I got.
review image
on November 17, 2015
I have used this daily since I got it several months ago. I had a Keurig, which was fine, but I moved and have far less counter space in my new kitchen. The Keurig has a pretty big footprint. After reading the reviews, and loving the price, I bought this french press from Amazon. I used my own locally purchased organic coffee in the Keurig and can definitively state that the Bodum brews a far superior cup of coffee. It is easy to clean too.

I use three scoops of coarsely ground coffee, fill with boiling water, and give it a stir with the end of a wooden spoon. Then I set the lid on top and four minutes later, slowly press down. I wash this in the dishwasher. It also makes great cold-brewed coffee.

I just bought another one for my nephew, who I know will love it too.
on March 1, 2011
Highly recommended. We use it as our everyday coffee maker. One brewing only makes enough for two mugs but it only takes four minutes to brew. Easy to clean, easy to use. Makes a great rich, dark coffee. Recommend six rounded scoops of coarse ground coffee for each full brew.
on February 1, 2012
It is what it is .... an awesome press...... have used fine to coarse grinds and always a clean cup of joe....I use a bodum conical burr grinder..... try to get it on sale
on April 15, 2016
I was an early adopter of the Keurig coffee machine and have likely spent a significant amount of money on K-Cups. I was pretty set in my ways, even though I knew the k-cups weren't the most environmentally friendly. I tried to do my part by occasionally using those refillable k-cups, but I found the coffee to end up tasting very bland and weak.

All of this changed when I visited my in-laws one weekend for a big British-style breakfast. The food was great, but my taste buds were not prepared for that sip of coffee I was about to experience. That was the moment I was introduced to the wonderful world of coffee presses. After my experience and upon returning home, I immediately began my search for a solid coffee press to feed my caffeine addiction. This was a whole new world, one that involved actually REALLY enjoying the taste/flavor of coffee and I was excited!

I finally landed on the Bodum Brazil 8-cup coffee press. It was touted as a mid-range coffee press. Solid enough that it wouldn't crack easily, and a great quality filter that would ensure I could experience delicious grain-free coffee whenever my heart desired.

I received my Bodum a couple of months ago now, and I haven't looked back since. It came with short and simple instructions on how to get the best coffee out of the press, and also a nice little plastic scoop that made it easy to measure out just how much coffee is needed depending on the serving size you're preparing. Easy, great tasting coffee, finally!

A few things I've learned along the way:
- Many coffee shops have a special french press grind that they will prepare for you if you buy their in-house coffee beans. It's crucial to get the proper grind to ensure a flavorful taste without any of the grains getting through the filter.
- Set a timer or keep track of how long the coffee has been brewing. If you leave it in for too long, it'll end up being very bitter. I go by what Bodum suggests, which is around 4 min.
- The filter can be unscrewed from the rod for easy washing. Do this! The grains tend to get lodged between the filters and if you don't removed the pieces and wash them individually, you risk ending up with old grains tainting the taste of the coffee.

Bottom line: This coffee press is the perfect option for anyone who wants a better cup of coffee. Take 2 min to read the instructions provided to ensure your experience is as good as described above. It's not as "quick and convenient" as the k-cup, but when you value taste over speed, this is the way to go.
on May 3, 2014
I have used Bodum products for over 10 years. The quality of this coffee press is as good as my last one but at a much better price.
on October 18, 2011
Makes great coffee. Very convenient and fast. Easy to store and maintain. A great coffee maker for RVs and/or camping. Just boil water and you're set to have a great cup of coffee. A must for coffee lovers.
on June 23, 2012
I absolutely love all things Bodum. I bought two of these because the taste of French Press coffee is unbeatable. Bodum makes the best French Presses. Easy to clean, durable, and really cute (I have a few presses in a variety of different colours).

This 8 cup press is great for any coffee lover. Just make sure the coffee beans are freshly ground on the coarsest setting, you use filtered water (yuck to chlorine!) and the water temperature is 93C/200F.

Would buy this product again for myself and will buy more for gifts!