march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Size: 34 oz.|Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on April 19, 2016
Who knew such a simple method to make coffee could be so easy and effective? This coffee press is perfect to make one or two cups of coffee for my partner and I. I don't have to worry about bacteria lurking in parts of this coffee machine. Instead, I can make delicious and fresh coffee in five minutes from the time I start to heat the water until the coffee is poured.

I have used the press almost daily for a couple of months and have come to expect a consistently good cup of coffee with every use.
on April 18, 2016
perfect
on April 15, 2016
High quality product. My go-to company for french presses!
on April 15, 2016
I was an early adopter of the Keurig coffee machine and have likely spent a significant amount of money on K-Cups. I was pretty set in my ways, even though I knew the k-cups weren't the most environmentally friendly. I tried to do my part by occasionally using those refillable k-cups, but I found the coffee to end up tasting very bland and weak.

All of this changed when I visited my in-laws one weekend for a big British-style breakfast. The food was great, but my taste buds were not prepared for that sip of coffee I was about to experience. That was the moment I was introduced to the wonderful world of coffee presses. After my experience and upon returning home, I immediately began my search for a solid coffee press to feed my caffeine addiction. This was a whole new world, one that involved actually REALLY enjoying the taste/flavor of coffee and I was excited!

I finally landed on the Bodum Brazil 8-cup coffee press. It was touted as a mid-range coffee press. Solid enough that it wouldn't crack easily, and a great quality filter that would ensure I could experience delicious grain-free coffee whenever my heart desired.

I received my Bodum a couple of months ago now, and I haven't looked back since. It came with short and simple instructions on how to get the best coffee out of the press, and also a nice little plastic scoop that made it easy to measure out just how much coffee is needed depending on the serving size you're preparing. Easy, great tasting coffee, finally!

A few things I've learned along the way:
- Many coffee shops have a special french press grind that they will prepare for you if you buy their in-house coffee beans. It's crucial to get the proper grind to ensure a flavorful taste without any of the grains getting through the filter.
- Set a timer or keep track of how long the coffee has been brewing. If you leave it in for too long, it'll end up being very bitter. I go by what Bodum suggests, which is around 4 min.
- The filter can be unscrewed from the rod for easy washing. Do this! The grains tend to get lodged between the filters and if you don't removed the pieces and wash them individually, you risk ending up with old grains tainting the taste of the coffee.

Bottom line: This coffee press is the perfect option for anyone who wants a better cup of coffee. Take 2 min to read the instructions provided to ensure your experience is as good as described above. It's not as "quick and convenient" as the k-cup, but when you value taste over speed, this is the way to go.
on April 10, 2016
Is great for making coffee in the morning, especially when travelling.
on April 8, 2016
This is the best coffee press that I've purchased as of yet. Very pleased with it.
on March 16, 2016
Plastic makes it lighter than the standard Chambord style - perfectly sturdy. Just as good as the original, $20 cheaper.
on March 14, 2016
Good price. Come packaged nicely.
on March 12, 2016
Feels pretty solid. Good value.
on March 10, 2016
After all the discounts and credits this cost me $9 and it's a basic press and does the job. I have a good burr grinder to get the right grind for press coffee. Not easy to do properly with a blade grinder .