4.0 out of 5 stars God, The Universe and everything
Good item for a collector or anyone interested in the universe.Only negative comment - It was a little expensive for a short program.
Published on Aug. 12 2009 by Dennis Gresswell

2.0 out of 5 stars 20 years old content... good collectible item
20 years old content

Published on Jan. 14 2010 by Rene Sandino

2.0 out of 5 stars 20 years old content... good collectible item, Jan. 14 2010
This review is from: Stephen Hawking - God, the Universe, & Everything / Carl Sagan, Arthur C. Clarke (DVD)
20 years old content

I'm disappointed. I purchased this DVD thinking that it would be relatively current information, since it's described as released in 2007. Well, the content of the DVD was created some time in the late 80's; there are references to "when the Hubble telescope is launched into space" and "we're almost 20 years after we put a man on the moon"... The man on the moon was July 1969 and the Hubble was launched in April 1990. So the information contained on this DVD was created around 1988 or early 1989. A bit outdated I would say.

It would be great for someone who knows very little about these topics. Nice introduction to some of the concepts explained in Hawking's book "A Brief History of Time", published in 1988.

I would have not purchased this DVD if I had known the content was 20 years old.

4.0 out of 5 stars God, The Universe and everything, Aug. 12 2009