march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Video Game|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon June 20, 2007
Coming to the Wii,Mario Party,another succesfull hit from Nintendo featuring their beloved mascot,Mario.Mario Party actually started nearly ten years ago on the N64 and at the time was innovative,creative and different.With its board-style playing games and mini-games each Mario Party provided tons of fun.But the formula got repetitive after a while,7 games that is to say,what does the anticipated Wii release brings up?

You still have the colourfull cast of Nintendo characters of Mario & CO. and you play on boards like you did with the previous ones,once a turn is over you get to play a mini-game.Mini-Games are all the fun of the Mario Party saga,once you collected all of them you play them any time you want.The eight addition to the series brings plenty of good mini-games like "Alpine Assault" and "Kartastrophe",yet much of those can seem reminescent of the ones you played in the past.

A nice option is you can bring your miis(created Wii characters)to the extra zone,but you can`t bring them in the actual gameplay.
The game is of course more fun when played multiplayer up to four players can play at the same time,bring on the party i say.

Online play would have been wicked and fun,Nintendo should consider this for the next Mario Party if there is ever going to be one.

The Wii`s innovative controls adds much fun to the serie as you point at objects to do a certain task like shooting or control your kart.A great release for the Wii taking much advantage of the controls,sure to keep you besy until some bigger Wii titles arrive.A party game,bring all your friends after its a party console.Overral its another great addition to the series who gets a boost with this release.4 and a half star,its great a sure hit.
on January 14, 2008
Pros:
1) Great mini-games for both adults and kids;
2) Variety of gameboards, although you can never get enough;
3) My 4 and 7 year olds love it;
4) Great use of Wii controllers;
5) Great fun with multiplayers;

Cons:
1) 4:3 standard TV ratio when playing. Wish it would make use of the 16:9 High Definition TV ratio;

Good fun for all ages, without the blood letting of the violent games.
on April 21, 2009
first, I have to admit this is my first foray with any Mario Party game. I absolutely love this one! There are so many ways to use the controller and that alone is worth getting the game - seeing the versatility of the system. Plus the mini games are so varied and unpredictable that it keeps it new. My husband and I are hooked!
Also great fun for having friends over - nice activity for whoever wants to take turn. Since most of them have never played much on a Wii, this is a perfect novelty.
on February 18, 2012
I bought "Mario Party 8" for my 12-year-old granddaughter and she is delighted with it. I asked her if there was anything about it she didn't like and she said, "No, it's perfect." One of the things she likes is that her 15-year-old brother will sometimes play the games with her, and he is a much more sophisticated gamer than she is.
on November 14, 2015
I've only played one game of it so far but I was impressed. I wasn't sure if it was new or used. (I didn't bother to check I was just impressed with the price). Once I got it I thought maybe it was used but the condition looked a excellent and it played well. Over all I'm impressed.
on May 28, 2014
Mario Party 8 is the ultimate get-your-friends-together-and-go-wild game. Lots of fun levels and mini games, lots of familiar characters to choose from. The Koopa map is particularly fun as you buy hotels and steal hotels from other players. Great family fun!
on September 6, 2013
Great game for a great price

Pros:
great price
fast delivery
perfect condition

Cons:
none

I would recommend this product as me and my family play it together
on March 26, 2011
This product is amazing - but this 3rd party company selling through amazon makes the shipping ridiculously slow! It took a month to arrive!! 5-7 days - pshh..
on February 24, 2012
My daughter added this to her game collection and loves it. A little more difficult for her age group but she keeps trying and is picking up on it quickly.
on February 25, 2016
This came really fast in the mail. I bought it for a friend who said it's usually 80$ so when I seen the price I was suprised and couldn't resist

See 1 answered question