Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on August 10, 2011
I was looking around for a new rice cooker. My old 10 year old Tiger cooker did not kept the rice warm but dried it out quickly. I have seen other cooker offering similar functions at 1/3 the price of this cooker, but hesitate because I was not familiar with the brand name. Searching the brand on internet did not give much info. I bought this based on the good reviews of the other buyers on Amazon. I hope it is what I pay for! I have used it a couple months. I guess the quality of the cooked rice depends on the rice you buy and your expectation of taste. So all I can say is this cooker works exactly what I expect it to do: Making moist, puffy, rice and keep it warm and moist until the next day. I did have to experiment with water level to get it right.

It does take longer to cook the same amount of rice than my old cooker. The pan inside also feel better with heavy gauge metal, coated with non-stick surface. The power cord, when not plugged in, re-coiled in at the bottom of the cooker. The handle is quite balance, but I do not move the cooker around much. The glossy plastic lid and bottom have a good quality feel. The stainless steel body gives a nice look. The length of the cooker, from the front display to the hinge of the lid, is longer than my old round cooker. Unfortunately, the length allow the steam vent be at the back of cooker. When this cooker sits on the counter, It let the steam out to right the bottom of my wall cabinet. Not a desirable thing for a wood cabinet (nevertheless protected with industrial polyurethane topcoat).

I hope this help you choosing your next rice cooker.

2014-October: Update after more than 3 years of use. Started about 6 months ago, the rice in the cooker started to dry out in just half a day after cooked, from the top surface of the rice, down to the bottom at the perimeter. I clean the inside removable lid frequently. I also make sure the perimeter rubber under the outside lid (with handle on the top) clean and free of any rice. The problem persists. The rice dries out slowly after cooked. My remedy is to cook just enough. Any left over at the end of the day would go to a container. The cooker is turned off at the end of the day. Because this cooker is a premium product with the higher than average price, I change the rating from 3 stars to 2 stars for this problem.
on December 5, 2011
This was an excellent purchase and it makes perfect rice everytime! The unit is larger than I had anticipated but we do not leave it on the countertop. A+++
on February 4, 2013
I chose this rice cooker because of its large capacity and cheaper compared to zojirushi's other 10 cups one. So far..we are very satisfied with the product. The rice cooks perfectly and the warm up setting doesnt change the appearance of the cooked rice. Perfect!!
The cooking time is longer (about 50 mins)..but we have no problem at all, as long as we plan ahead of time..overall, this is a good product to be considered.
on March 1, 2015
Wonderful to have for no nonsense rice making, saves time.