5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for
I think this is an excellent product. Nice and powerful, and about as easy to clean as you can justifiably expect a juicer to be. I decided to order this one from Amazon as the ones in my local store didn't seem to be as powerful or as convenient, and more expensive to boot.
Published on July 22 2010 by James Brooker

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product for $100, but has some flaws
Published 15 months ago by Chelsea Caverley

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, July 22 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
I had a specific requirement which involved extracting the juice from garlic and ginger. It did this with ease and provided me with all the juice I needed. Also, I'm no juice fanatic, but I am very fond of carrot and celery and the price of a small cup from a juice outlet is prohibitive. Now I have a large glass of celery and carrot juice almost every day.
I have almost nothing negative to say about this product, however the feed tube is not quite as wide as they would have you believe; only small apples can be put in whole, and most larger fruits or veggies need to be at least halved or quartered - no big deal. Also, don't think you can just give everything a quick rinse and throw it in, most things benefit from at least a bit of scraping or peeling. Cut the tails from the carrots and unless you like having a flaky snowstorm in your kitchen, break up bulbs of garlic and remove the dry outer leaves.
All in all, good value for money, and has helped to improve my general standard of living.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product for $100, but has some flaws, Jan. 30 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
I bought the Breville Juicer 200xl about a month and a half ago. It's a good juicer for the price, if you are on a budget then I suggest this one. The amount of juice you get is good, and there never is any pulp. A few of the downsides of this juicer is that the pulp is usually still pretty moist, and that the hole that the juice comes out of spits a LOT of air and makes a lot of foam on the juice. It is also very loud.
If you can afford a better juicer, like the upgrade of this Breville, get it. Or an Omega. If you are on a budget this will do the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Breville 800JEXL vs Omega VRT-350, Oct. 9 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
I'm not going to get into centrifugal verses masticating as there is more than enough information out there on the difference. It's enough to say that the Omega is a masticating and the Breville a centrifugal juicer.

The main reason for buying the juicer for me is that we have a couple of apple trees and in the past have thrown out many apples because you can only make so much apple sauce and pies. So this year I thought about making juice and the "How to Make Your Own Apple Juice" article I was using suggested that if you had a juicer, you could go from step 3 to step 7 - a time saver for sure.
So which one should I buy? There are several brands and models to choose from but based on what I reviewed, these appeared to be the top two consumer preferred models.

I spent quite a bit a time watching videos and reading product reviews and comparisons. After about 3 weeks, I initially decided to purchase the Omega VRT-350 for variety of reasons: noise, quality of juice, longevity of juice once made, the ability to process greens and last but not least, the 10 year warranty.

I chose the Omega VRT-350 over the other Omega juicers (such as the popular OMEGA 8006) mainly due to the physical size and appearance should I decide to leave it on the counter. I thought that if I didn't leave it there, I would be less likely to use it. So I set up the Omega, cleaned all of the apples and started juicing.
1. The first thing I noticed was that the juicer is quiet, a little less noise than our Kitchen Aid mixer on low speed.
2. I was surprised how small I had to cut the apples so they would fit into the chute
3. The self-feeding worked very well - only needed a bit of a push a couple of times
4. I was surprised at how much foam there was and the amount of pulp in the juice. I don't mind a bit of pulp in my juice but there was way too much so I had to strain the juice - that was a very long process to point where I finally decided to accept that there would be pulp in my juice. I find that the pulp doesn't affect the taste but rather just the texture and feeling of drinking the juice - personal preference more than anything.
5. The pulp was very dry (a good thing)- I did try and run the pulp through again and amazingly the juicer was able to extract even more but that process took a bit of time. It actually plugged up the juicer a couple of times.

The juice tasted great, had a bit of texture but not bad and put the rest in sealers. The whole process took 5 1/2 hours - longest part being straining the juice.

After a few days, I thought more about whether or not I would actually be juicing on a daily or even weekly basis and came to the conclusion that although I probably should for health reasons, it wasn't likely to happen. So I deliberated a bit more and thought, why not try the Breville and do my own comparisons. So I went and bought the Breville.

I chose the Breville 800JEXL over the BJE510XL (2nd Breville favorite) due to three things: all stainless (less plastic), no electronics governing the speed, bit stronger motor (1000W vs 900W), overall appearance and that everything is dishwasher safe - although if you don't clean everything right away, your dishwasher isn't going to help much anyway

The test wasn't exactly comparing apples to apples - no pun intended but gave me enough information to make a decision.
1. I processed a full bag of apples and then made a second juice using 2 apples, 4 carrots, 1 bag of spinach and touch of ginger. All of this, including clean up took a whole 20 minutes.
2. The juicer was noisy but not as bad as I was led to believe it would be
3. No preparation work required - all items went in whole.
4. The pulp was not as dry and had small chunks of apples and carrots so the assumption is that it did not extract as well as the Omega.
5. The juice had significantly less pulp and the foam was not a thick
6. Had to apply a surprising amount of pressure pushing a few of the apples but once started, less than 2 sec to juice it

For me, it is the overall processing time. I am convinced that I could have reduced my overall processing time from 5 1/2 to 2-2 1/2 hours using the Breville. If you decide to juice daily, the Breville could wake someone up if you leave the bedroom door open. I would say that it's just as loud as a small hand mixer on high speed and less than a blender, but because it is so fast, it doesn't run very long. To make a single glass of juice, there is a difference of about 2-3 minutes and you will have to decide if that difference is relevant every morning.

Of course one of the advantages of the Omega is that they claim that the juice will last up to 72 hours therefore you could make it the day/night before and avoid having to make it first thing in the morning. So this brings me to the debate around oxidation and the role that plays in the quality of juice. Based on what I have read, I would recommend taking the oxidation factors "lightly". In my situation, the fact that I am heating my juice and putting it in sealers, oxidation was not a deciding factor for me. However if you are talking about making and drinking fresh juice, the masticating produced juice will last up to 3 days because it does not introduce much air into the juice like the centrifugal does. Therefore the centrifugal juice needs to be drunk right away.

So in summary, here are my pros and cons:
Breville 800
* Pros: Fast, large feed shut - less prep time, less pulp, convenient on/off, stainless steel construction, everything is dishwasher safe but not sure that really matters
* Cons: Warranty - 1 year, Noise - however it should be noted that it was far less noisy than expected, some chunks of apples and carrots

Omega VRT-350
* Pros: Noise - in comparison to the Breville, very quiet, Warranty - 10 years
* Cons: Slow, Small feed chute, More prep time, on/off at rear of juicer, all plastic

I paid about the same for each: $400 for the Omega, $370 for the Breville. So in conclusion, although I did not test that many items such as wheat grass, kale, beets, pineapple etc., for my situation, I opted for the Breville and returned the Omega. The speed and significant reduction in pulp that was in the juice were the deciding factors. Even if I do decide to use it on a daily basis, the Breville is ridiculously fast and still did a very good job with the spinach and the noise is really not that bad. I would have rated the Breville a 5 but because of the chunks in pulp it only got a 4. For what I am using the juicer for, the Omega would score a 3 mainly because of pre time due to the small chute and slower speed - which was expected.

I must say that the return policy at Bed Bath & Beyond also made it easy to do the comparison as even after using the Omega, there were no problems returning the product for a full refund. It's unfortunate that Breville does not believe in its product the same way Omega does as it relates to the warranty but I am optimistic that the juicer will last long enough so I get a good return on investment. I hope this article helps you make a decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is "compact"???, Jan. 22 2011
Punkii (British Columbia, CAN) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
Wow - the product description isn't kidding when referencing the power of the Breville Juice Fountain. I am a newbie when it comes to using juicers, so wasn't sure what to expect. When it arrived, I set it up and started playing - the appliance easily handled everything I threw at it and the resulting juices were wonderfully fresh tasting. The fiber didn't go to waste either. It was a great addition to some stews and casseroles I was making for the week ahead. I just received a juicer book and can't wait to try out every one of the recipes.

There are two minor irritants that kept me from giving this item 5 stars: 1. it takes up a lot of countertop real estate and since I live in a small place, I had anticipated something with the word 'compact' in the title would not be quite so size-able; and 2. as it is so powerful, if you don't get the pusher in the chute fast enough, splatter from fruits like tomatoes will decorate your cupboards. Hopefully once I am more experienced with the machine, I will be able to win that race.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly great product!!, April 16 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
This juicer is fantastic. I'm new to juicing and this is the perfect size for me. So far its handled everything I've put through it. Juice comes out perfect every time. It's very easy to use and simple to clean. All the parts are easy to rinse out and come apart quickly. If you are juicing for more than two people I'd consider getting a bigger model that's holds more pulp. Don't forget to save the pulp to use in a variety of dessert and dinner recipes!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this! Great for single 1st timer!, Jan. 6 2014
randy belair (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
***edited to add*** in hindsight, I think a macerating juicer would have been a better choice for ~me~. I still stand by the below review but because I like blueberries, raspberries and other small/soft fruits and veggies in my juice, this machine doesn't handle them well and most of the juice is lost. Greens and softer fruit like kiwi just don't get properly juiced. You end up with some but from research I'm doing now, the other type of juicer would have been a better for for me. I still LOVE this Breville to death and still juice daily (sometimes multiple times) but I stick to apples, carrots, beets and harder fruits and veg (though cucumber does well and tastes amazing! Who knew!?!?). Hope this review is helpful for you. Enjoy your juicing friends!!!

Just got my juicer and so far after 1 use, I love it! I'm a woman who, much like many men, doesn't read directions. EVER. If I open a box and can't get it to work straight away, I'll wait till one of my manual reading friends comes by and does it for me. I honestly just pulled my juicer out of the box, plugged it in and used it for the 1st time. SOOO easy to assemble a moron could do it blind folded!!!

Though many reviews say this is quiet, I found it to be quite noisy. I will not be using this while someone sleeps. It is very loud. I don't have experience with other juicers to compare noise levels of this machine vs other juicers but I can't imagine a louder one! Noise doesn't scare me though and if it gives me healthy, great tasting drinks, who cares!

This seems to be a great machine for a single person or couple. I wouldn't recommend this as a family unit simply because the pulp trap fills up when there is just about enough for 2 people.

My first use was super easy. As I said I didn't have to read directions to use. My first juice was fu@&ing amazing! I used the following with super ease:

A small bunch of sweet carrots
2 smallish beets
2honey crisp apples which I had to cut because they were huge
A handful of parsley

So delish! I was surprised at just how sweet the juice was. The only downfall was the foam which I scooped off. (AFTER a friend read the *manual* I found the foam separator and this issue is totally resolved lol!) The machine handled everything I put in with ease which also surprised me. Beets are rock hard when raw and I wasn't expecting such a compact juicer to handle these rocks as wonderfully as it did! I was also surprised at how dry the pulp was that was left behind. Very surprising.

Clean up was a snap. I do have a garborator in my sink which helped a LOT as I'm sure my job would have been harder if I had to dump and scoop the pulp out but as it was, I simply rinsed everything down the drain and clean up was complete.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this machine so far. If you do get this, I hope you enjoy as much as I do. I'm already planning my morning's next juice recipe lol! Can't wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love love this juicer!, Sept. 4 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
This is my first juicer, but I already have a feeling that I will have it for a while! I bought this juicer before I watched the documentary "fat, sick and nearly dead," so I was pleasantly surprised to see that they featured this juicer in the documentary. I ordered the Jucing Bible with it, as well, to give me the ins and outs, considering I am a juicing newbie.

When I first received the juicer, I was pretty confused at what to do, but the instructions were super simple and within 10 mins, I had my first juice! So delish. I was surprised at how quiet this machine was, I was expecting a loud buzzing, almost like a blender, but this juicer has a quiet, low buzz that doesn't disrupt my boyfriend or neighbours when I make my morning juice. Phew :)

I read a few negative things about cleaning the machine, but I find it suppper easy! It's honestly a breeze to clean it and put it back together. I'm definitely getting into the habit now. Also, if you're short on time, simply just wash the blade/chopper thing (it even comes with its own brush!).

I've only had this product for a few weeks now, but I have nothing bad to say. I love it. It has a lot of cool features, especially the jug that comes with a lid that stops pulp from getting into your juice.

I definitely recommend this juicer :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy way to improve your health, Dec 23 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
I had been thinking about getting a juicer for a while and when this one came up on an amazon one day sale, I pounced. It is easy and intuitive to operate (aka I didn't read the manual) and is reasonably quiet to operate. It makes very short work of anything I can throw at it. If you have your veggies and fruits all prepped ahead of time you can make a pitcher of juice (2 or 3 glasses) in a minute or two.

The health benefits are the big one for me. I would never take the time to eat kale and beets and the like every day, but I can throw a bit in my juicer along with an orange or an apple and some ginger and it is delicious! I've also started adding chia seeds and/or spirulina after juicing for the extra health benefits. It may be a placebo effect but it feels good to be consuming more fresh fruits and veggies than I was before, and more variety.

Finally, cleanup is quite easy. A handy spatula/scrub brush combo is included and really cleans up the strainer screen quite nicely. I am very happy with this machine and am looking forward to seeing if/how my health improves with prolonged use.

4.0 out of 5 stars This juicer rocks!, March 1 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
For the price, this juicer is absolutely amazing. It looks great, performs well and is easy to clean, which is probably the most important thing. The juice that comes out of this machine is very smooth and froothy, which is great for veggies and apples, but I still prefer a regular hand juicer for Citrus fruits. My only complaint is that the juicer blades spin so fast that it actually warms up cold veggies and fruits by the time it comes out of the juicer. I prefer my drinks cold, it makes them just above room temp for things that are straight out of the fridge. Overall, my wife and I really like this juicer and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome!, Feb. 4 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
Ok so I bought this juicer as my very first juicer and I am totally in love with it. When I got it I didn't know anything about juicing so I bought a whole bunch of different veggies and fruit and I'll list them below. I threw one of everything into it and I was totally amazed that it didn't taste bad. It was wonderful! It is very easy to clean and that is one other thing I absolutely loved about it! Here is what I put in...

1 celery stick