5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for
I think this is an excellent product. Nice and powerful, and about as easy to clean as you can justifiably expect a juicer to be. I decided to order this one from Amazon as the ones in my local store didn't seem to be as powerful or as convenient, and more expensive to boot.
Published on July 22 2010 by James Brooker

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product for $100, but has some flaws
Published 10 months ago by Chelsea Caverley

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, July 22 2010
James Brooker "Homesick" (Edmonton, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
I had a specific requirement which involved extracting the juice from garlic and ginger. It did this with ease and provided me with all the juice I needed. Also, I'm no juice fanatic, but I am very fond of carrot and celery and the price of a small cup from a juice outlet is prohibitive. Now I have a large glass of celery and carrot juice almost every day.
I have almost nothing negative to say about this product, however the feed tube is not quite as wide as they would have you believe; only small apples can be put in whole, and most larger fruits or veggies need to be at least halved or quartered - no big deal. Also, don't think you can just give everything a quick rinse and throw it in, most things benefit from at least a bit of scraping or peeling. Cut the tails from the carrots and unless you like having a flaky snowstorm in your kitchen, break up bulbs of garlic and remove the dry outer leaves.
All in all, good value for money, and has helped to improve my general standard of living.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product for $100, but has some flaws, Jan. 30 2014
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
I bought the Breville Juicer 200xl about a month and a half ago. It's a good juicer for the price, if you are on a budget then I suggest this one. The amount of juice you get is good, and there never is any pulp. A few of the downsides of this juicer is that the pulp is usually still pretty moist, and that the hole that the juice comes out of spits a LOT of air and makes a lot of foam on the juice. It is also very loud.
If you can afford a better juicer, like the upgrade of this Breville, get it. Or an Omega. If you are on a budget this will do the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is "compact"???, Jan. 22 2011
Punkii (British Columbia, CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
Wow - the product description isn't kidding when referencing the power of the Breville Juice Fountain. I am a newbie when it comes to using juicers, so wasn't sure what to expect. When it arrived, I set it up and started playing - the appliance easily handled everything I threw at it and the resulting juices were wonderfully fresh tasting. The fiber didn't go to waste either. It was a great addition to some stews and casseroles I was making for the week ahead. I just received a juicer book and can't wait to try out every one of the recipes.

There are two minor irritants that kept me from giving this item 5 stars: 1. it takes up a lot of countertop real estate and since I live in a small place, I had anticipated something with the word 'compact' in the title would not be quite so size-able; and 2. as it is so powerful, if you don't get the pusher in the chute fast enough, splatter from fruits like tomatoes will decorate your cupboards. Hopefully once I am more experienced with the machine, I will be able to win that race.

4.0 out of 5 stars Breville 800JEXL vs Omega VRT-350, Oct. 9 2012
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
I'm not going to get into centrifugal verses masticating as there is more than enough information out there on the difference. It's enough to say that the Omega is a masticating and the Breville a centrifugal juicer.

The main reason for buying the juicer for me is that we have a couple of apple trees and in the past have thrown out many apples because you can only make so much apple sauce and pies. So this year I thought about making juice and the "How to Make Your Own Apple Juice" article I was using suggested that if you had a juicer, you could go from step 3 to step 7 - a time saver for sure.
So which one should I buy? There are several brands and models to choose from but based on what I reviewed, these appeared to be the top two consumer preferred models.

I spent quite a bit a time watching videos and reading product reviews and comparisons. After about 3 weeks, I initially decided to purchase the Omega VRT-350 for variety of reasons: noise, quality of juice, longevity of juice once made, the ability to process greens and last but not least, the 10 year warranty.

I chose the Omega VRT-350 over the other Omega juicers (such as the popular OMEGA 8006) mainly due to the physical size and appearance should I decide to leave it on the counter. I thought that if I didn't leave it there, I would be less likely to use it. So I set up the Omega, cleaned all of the apples and started juicing.
1. The first thing I noticed was that the juicer is quiet, a little less noise than our Kitchen Aid mixer on low speed.
2. I was surprised how small I had to cut the apples so they would fit into the chute
3. The self-feeding worked very well - only needed a bit of a push a couple of times
4. I was surprised at how much foam there was and the amount of pulp in the juice. I don't mind a bit of pulp in my juice but there was way too much so I had to strain the juice - that was a very long process to point where I finally decided to accept that there would be pulp in my juice. I find that the pulp doesn't affect the taste but rather just the texture and feeling of drinking the juice - personal preference more than anything.
5. The pulp was very dry (a good thing)- I did try and run the pulp through again and amazingly the juicer was able to extract even more but that process took a bit of time. It actually plugged up the juicer a couple of times.

The juice tasted great, had a bit of texture but not bad and put the rest in sealers. The whole process took 5 1/2 hours - longest part being straining the juice.

After a few days, I thought more about whether or not I would actually be juicing on a daily or even weekly basis and came to the conclusion that although I probably should for health reasons, it wasn't likely to happen. So I deliberated a bit more and thought, why not try the Breville and do my own comparisons. So I went and bought the Breville.

I chose the Breville 800JEXL over the BJE510XL (2nd Breville favorite) due to three things: all stainless (less plastic), no electronics governing the speed, bit stronger motor (1000W vs 900W), overall appearance and that everything is dishwasher safe - although if you don't clean everything right away, your dishwasher isn't going to help much anyway

The test wasn't exactly comparing apples to apples - no pun intended but gave me enough information to make a decision.
1. I processed a full bag of apples and then made a second juice using 2 apples, 4 carrots, 1 bag of spinach and touch of ginger. All of this, including clean up took a whole 20 minutes.
2. The juicer was noisy but not as bad as I was led to believe it would be
3. No preparation work required - all items went in whole.
4. The pulp was not as dry and had small chunks of apples and carrots so the assumption is that it did not extract as well as the Omega.
5. The juice had significantly less pulp and the foam was not a thick
6. Had to apply a surprising amount of pressure pushing a few of the apples but once started, less than 2 sec to juice it

For me, it is the overall processing time. I am convinced that I could have reduced my overall processing time from 5 1/2 to 2-2 1/2 hours using the Breville. If you decide to juice daily, the Breville could wake someone up if you leave the bedroom door open. I would say that it's just as loud as a small hand mixer on high speed and less than a blender, but because it is so fast, it doesn't run very long. To make a single glass of juice, there is a difference of about 2-3 minutes and you will have to decide if that difference is relevant every morning.

Of course one of the advantages of the Omega is that they claim that the juice will last up to 72 hours therefore you could make it the day/night before and avoid having to make it first thing in the morning. So this brings me to the debate around oxidation and the role that plays in the quality of juice. Based on what I have read, I would recommend taking the oxidation factors "lightly". In my situation, the fact that I am heating my juice and putting it in sealers, oxidation was not a deciding factor for me. However if you are talking about making and drinking fresh juice, the masticating produced juice will last up to 3 days because it does not introduce much air into the juice like the centrifugal does. Therefore the centrifugal juice needs to be drunk right away.

So in summary, here are my pros and cons:
Breville 800
* Pros: Fast, large feed shut - less prep time, less pulp, convenient on/off, stainless steel construction, everything is dishwasher safe but not sure that really matters
* Cons: Warranty - 1 year, Noise - however it should be noted that it was far less noisy than expected, some chunks of apples and carrots

Omega VRT-350
* Pros: Noise - in comparison to the Breville, very quiet, Warranty - 10 years
* Cons: Slow, Small feed chute, More prep time, on/off at rear of juicer, all plastic

I paid about the same for each: $400 for the Omega, $370 for the Breville. So in conclusion, although I did not test that many items such as wheat grass, kale, beets, pineapple etc., for my situation, I opted for the Breville and returned the Omega. The speed and significant reduction in pulp that was in the juice were the deciding factors. Even if I do decide to use it on a daily basis, the Breville is ridiculously fast and still did a very good job with the spinach and the noise is really not that bad. I would have rated the Breville a 5 but because of the chunks in pulp it only got a 4. For what I am using the juicer for, the Omega would score a 3 mainly because of pre time due to the small chute and slower speed - which was expected.

I must say that the return policy at Bed Bath & Beyond also made it easy to do the comparison as even after using the Omega, there were no problems returning the product for a full refund. It's unfortunate that Breville does not believe in its product the same way Omega does as it relates to the warranty but I am optimistic that the juicer will last long enough so I get a good return on investment. I hope this article helps you make a decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars This juicer rocks!, March 1 2010
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
For the price, this juicer is absolutely amazing. It looks great, performs well and is easy to clean, which is probably the most important thing. The juice that comes out of this machine is very smooth and froothy, which is great for veggies and apples, but I still prefer a regular hand juicer for Citrus fruits. My only complaint is that the juicer blades spin so fast that it actually warms up cold veggies and fruits by the time it comes out of the juicer. I prefer my drinks cold, it makes them just above room temp for things that are straight out of the fridge. Overall, my wife and I really like this juicer and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars star53, Jan. 8 2011
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
This is a wonderful and clean juicer. Dishwasher safe. It is incredibly powerful and easy to clean. No spilling or leaking during juicing. The juicer takes so much juice out of the fruit that the pulp is of a consistancy I have never felt, making it easy to remove. I have make orange juice, apple juice, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice so far, and all of them have turned out great. Note: some juices such as orange are a little frothy when they are first juiced but it settles after a few minutes. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet!, March 16 2013
M. Gladstone "Dane Mom" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
We've had a number of centrifugal juicers over the years, all from different manufacturers. This Breville model is by far the best yet - it's quiet (really quiet!), produces dry pulp, is easy to clean with no nooks and cranies for pulp detritus to hide in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, easy to use, nice design, Feb. 17 2011
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
We are very happy with this juicer. We ordered it on the weekend and received it on Tuesday. It has a great modern design and the size is perfect to store it on the countertop or in the cupboard. It's very easy to use and clean. All the parts are dishwasher safe but we don't bother putting it in the dishwasher. It takes 5 min to clean it in the sink. It works very well and we enjoy a cup of fresh juice with dinner. It's very easy to take it apart for cleaning and then putting it together. You can make home made juice without any sodium or food coloring and not pay a huge price like for some organic juices. We highly recommend it. The manual contains some simple recipes for fruit and veggie juices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome!, Feb. 4 2011
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
Ok so I bought this juicer as my very first juicer and I am totally in love with it. When I got it I didn't know anything about juicing so I bought a whole bunch of different veggies and fruit and I'll list them below. I threw one of everything into it and I was totally amazed that it didn't taste bad. It was wonderful! It is very easy to clean and that is one other thing I absolutely loved about it! Here is what I put in...

1 celery stick
2 leaves of lettuce
1/4 of a cucumber

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING juicer for so little $$$, Feb. 17 2012
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Compact BJE200XL (Kitchen)
2yrs ago in May, I bought my boyfriend a Breville Ikon juicer. It's amazing, but still $250.

I wanted something more compact as I have a small bachelor, but as effective as his.

BINGO! This does the trick! I have my carrot/apple juice every morning, I simply scrap out the pulp and rinse clean, until I wash it at night when I return from work.

I must advise... This is not a juicer for a family! For singles or couples. And that is just dandy for me!

Enjoy!