Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Deal of the Day - The Beatles in Mono 14LP Vinyl Box Set SGG Tools

Showing 1-10 of 181 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on July 22, 2010
I think this is an excellent product. Nice and powerful, and about as easy to clean as you can justifiably expect a juicer to be. I decided to order this one from Amazon as the ones in my local store didn't seem to be as powerful or as convenient, and more expensive to boot.
I had a specific requirement which involved extracting the juice from garlic and ginger. It did this with ease and provided me with all the juice I needed. Also, I'm no juice fanatic, but I am very fond of carrot and celery and the price of a small cup from a juice outlet is prohibitive. Now I have a large glass of celery and carrot juice almost every day.
I have almost nothing negative to say about this product, however the feed tube is not quite as wide as they would have you believe; only small apples can be put in whole, and most larger fruits or veggies need to be at least halved or quartered - no big deal. Also, don't think you can just give everything a quick rinse and throw it in, most things benefit from at least a bit of scraping or peeling. Cut the tails from the carrots and unless you like having a flaky snowstorm in your kitchen, break up bulbs of garlic and remove the dry outer leaves.
All in all, good value for money, and has helped to improve my general standard of living.
on February 4, 2011
Ok so I bought this juicer as my very first juicer and I am totally in love with it. When I got it I didn't know anything about juicing so I bought a whole bunch of different veggies and fruit and I'll list them below. I threw one of everything into it and I was totally amazed that it didn't taste bad. It was wonderful! It is very easy to clean and that is one other thing I absolutely loved about it! Here is what I put in...

1 celery stick
1 apple
2 leaves of lettuce
1/4 of a cucumber
on December 17, 2010
I sent this juicer on as a gift for my son and have had nothing but rave reviews from him since he received it. He has stated it is easy to use, easy to clean... I am planning to buy one for myself now as well!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
For those familiar with the documentaries Fat Sick and Nearly Dead and Fat Sick and Nearly Dead 2, yes this is the model Joe Cross used in his car while travelling across America during his 60 day juice fast. And I got mine about 2 months ago and have used it at least once a day since then.

The Benefits:
This model is durable
Easy to clean
Great price point
Large 3.3 inch diameter chute

The Drawbacks:
Pulp container is internal, to juice a lot you need to take a part and clean
Single speed
Centrifuge style with blade is much louder than other models

This is a great entry point juicer. It you are tight on kitchen space or like Joe looking for a travel model there are some serious benefits to this model. If you are not sure you will be a big time juicer and looking to test the waters, it is a fantastic model for the price point. As mentioned I have used this every day I have been in town since I got it. I have juiced a wide variety of fruit, veggies, and herbs. It has made some amazing juices and will get the job done and done well. This has been one of the best gifts I have ever received, and I am sure it will serve you well.
on April 26, 2013
I decided to try juicing after watching Hunger for Change and read numerous reviews on different juicers. I didnt want to spend alot on a juicer as I wasnt sure how committed I was to using one in the long run. I wanted a less expensive version without it being cheap, if you know what I mean.
I was a little nervous because a lot of reviews talked about leaking and the loud noise of their juicers. The first time I turned the Breville Juice Fountain Compact on I was expecting it to sound like a revving chainsaw but was really surprised and how quiet it was. There was just a soft whirring sound and I was quite pleased at that. I juiced a combination of hard and soft fruit, leafy greens, citrus etc all one after the other and didnt experience any problems at all. The container provided to catch the juice fits snugly under the soupt so there wasnt a drop that escaped.
The only downside to any juicer is the clean up. Ten seconds of juicing is followed by ten minutes of cleanup and washing but its worth it. Be sure to really clean the screen filter good after each wash. Breville provides a brush and you have to use a combination of gentleness and firmness to get the juice bits completely removed so it doesnt dry on and clog the mesh for further use.
I do recommend some type of App or book to go along with your juicer purchase if you are new to juicing. I was quite nervous before I started that I would do it wrong or go to slow/fast but watching an app or going on you tube will show you the technique of juicing and it really helped me get over my fear that I would "break" my juicer.
I have been using this juicer for two weeks now everyday and sometimes three times a day and its been going strong. I would recommend this juicer and in fact have purchased the same juicer as a gift for a family member.
on December 15, 2014
Good enough for two people with limited space. It does take up space but hey it's juicer I can't get smaller than this! I don't have a problem fitting it in my puny condo. As a matter of fact I have decided to drink more juice to be more healthy so I leaving this thing on our counter top!
It takes me less than 5 minutes to clean the whole thing up and so far I am very happy with the result.
The only concern I have is the remainder from juicing that I feel would be a huge waste to throw it all in the garbage. Most of it are useful fiber that your body needs and the fruits pulps should have nutritional value as well. So I'm trying to find a way to re-use them. One solution would be to make smoothie/milkshake with them using a strong blender (I also happen to have Breville's blender which is quite good). I have also heard from someone that if you juice vegetables you can then use the remainder to make pattie with it!
on January 29, 2012
For the price, this juicer is rock solid. I have been using different juicers from past 9 years, and this one is the best, i'v owned so far. It's quick, very easy to clean and looks great too. One thing i din't like is it takes a bit of the counter space, not as compact as i thought it would be. Will be ordering 2 more to gift family.
on October 9, 2014
This is such a good juicer. Not that noisy too. The pulp comes out super dry which means that I am getting more juice than other juicers I have owned. It juices everything nicely. It does green veggies nicely but I would not put Kale or the leaves in it as it does not extract much juice but still it does a good job of most of the fruits and veggies.

Easy to clean but once the compost (LOL) jar fills up I have to take off the lid which is a bit of a pain but can't complain as I love this juicer so much. Have been so much healthier now that I have this baby!!! Have bought the Breville 800 Blender too and will write a review on that as I figured that the blender is better equipped to crushing Kale and leaves. Don't want to waste my precious greens.

For the price, this was value for money.
on March 16, 2013
We've had a number of centrifugal juicers over the years, all from different manufacturers. This Breville model is by far the best yet - it's quiet (really quiet!), produces dry pulp, is easy to clean with no nooks and cranies for pulp detritus to hide in.
on January 8, 2013
Did my research and pick this Breville unit. Had asked many friends and read many reviews online for several juicers. This Breville unit wins for me ... it is fast, no clogging, maximum amount of juice extracted, easy clean up with just hot water and brush, great price, and it works. Been using it since summer 2010. My girlfriend has same unit with no issues. She purchased hers few years before me at Costco for about $99.00. I couldn't find it in Canada for that price when I was looking. End up picking it up for same price at Best Buy in Washington state. I just need to use it because when I do WOW for energy! LOVE it, Love it, Love it!
No issues with rusting... I rinse with hot water give a good scrub and let air dry.