5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!
Yes, I know, a lot of people rate this movie not very highly - I on the other hand simply love it! It is simple and straight forward and incorporates love in so many different ways, your head starts spinning. And, according to this movie, the saying is right - love will find you when you least expect it.
The general storyline to touch but quickly - two women break...
Published 2 months ago by Lady Sam

3.0 out of 5 stars Fuzzy Blu-Ray
Good movie, but the quality of the Blu-Ray leaves quite a bit to be desired. The fuzziness of the picture makes it look no better than an upscaled DVD. I remember watching this movie on an HD movie channel a few years back and the quality was definitely better. So I can only assume that it is a cheaply made Blu-Ray transfer.
Published on Jan. 31 2012 by Pierre Igot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, May 29 2014
Lady Sam (100 Mile House / BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The general storyline to touch but quickly - two women break up with their relevant beaus and feel the need to go somewhere over the Festive Season. So, they exchange their homes for two weeks - one being a mansion in Los Angeles, the other a cosy cottage in Surrey/England. And that's all there is to it.
A word to the various 'kinds of love' - there is the one-sided/taking advantage type, the being taken for granted, brotherly, caring for a kind older gentleman, friends ... and the romantic/real kind we all seek. These are all incorporated into this one movie and then some. Just look real close and you'll see them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars An instant holiday classic, Nov. 5 2013
Pascale (Deux-montagnes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Holiday [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
This movie has become one of my favorite holiday movies. I love the characters and the plot. By switching houses, the main characters also unknowingly changed their lives for the better. A movie I highly recommend for mother daughter viewing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute Movie, March 21 2013
This is a really cute, warm movie for the holiday season. Its takes place in both the UK and the US and is a great double love story. I particularly loved Cameron Diaz and her love-interest as a couple. Their story was lovely. But anything with Kate Winslet in it is also a winner, so go ahead and pick yourself up a copy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Holiday Movie!, Feb. 4 2013
Aquarius Lady (New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
Great movie, very enjoyable to watch and a fantastic story for the holidays. It's heart warming and if you are a romantic at heart, you can't help but love it. I will be watching it every holiday from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, Jan. 6 2013
It is a bit predictable but it is still a good movie. Jack Black brings a bit of humour into it and I immensely enjoy Kate Winslet as well as the old man as he develops.

4.0 out of 5 stars Our Christmas Movie Tradition, Dec 29 2012
My wife and I like to sit and watch this feel good movie during the holidays after the tree is up. Its a good romantic comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is good fun entertainment., Dec 9 2012
This movie has a good story, great actors and darn good dialogue. It is a "watch more than once" movie for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars MOST ENJOYABLE!, Dec 4 2012
Good acting by this great ensemble cast - perhaps a little overdone by Cameron Diaz, but otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed it - had several good laughs!

Yes, I would recommend this to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our new Christmas Tradition, Oct. 17 2012
This is a delightful story we've added to our Christmas DVD collection. A refreshing modern story that takes place over the holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, July 11 2012
M. Bailin (southern Ont., Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Shucks, Pamela McK. already said it all for me -- this was a delight even to this old man, and definitely not just a "chick flick". Probably the funniest moments near the beginning involve the two gals exploring and getting used to their new environments, totally different from "back home"; quite a difference between a Hollywood mansion and a rural English farmhouse, after all. And they do so well at it that by mid-film the viewer's left with the possibility that one or both might want to make the home-swap permanent.

My favorite part was at the very end (my apologies if this is a spoiler in any way), when the two gals and their new lovers spend New Year's all together.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Holiday [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The Holiday [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) by Nancy Meyers (Blu-ray - 2007)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 10.00