5.0 out of 5 stars A film of enourmous proportions that shows the majesty and mystery of our planet
It is hard to find a starting point in reviewing a film series that has set such a high standard of achievement. I frequently found myself pausing, rewinding and replaying multiple segments of each eposide, fascinated with the extent to which these expert filmmakers went to capture such amazing footage. What sets this "nature documentary" apart from all that have come...
Published on July 6 2007 by Torval Mork

3.0 out of 5 stars This Version is Missing Content!
A friend of mine showed me this series on DVD. I was so impressed I couldn't wait to purchase the Blu-Ray version and watch it at 1080p resolution. It turns out that not every scene is filmed in high definition, which is understandable given the conditions of some of the filming. What REALLY disappointed me about this version, however, is that much of the content is...
Published on Feb. 12 2008 by R. Koett

‹ Previous | 112 13 1424 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show!, March 23 2007
PluckyDog (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
I can't wait to get this set when it comes out! The narration is perfect... and the pictures/filming is absolutely beautiful! Everyone should watch this - it'll help us appreciate the earth more than we do. The wonder and great awe of our planet is represented respectfully and honestly in this show. If you like National Geographic, Discovery, etc.... you'll like this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Doc to test you're new HDTV. Just Awesome!, July 25 2014
This review is from: Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import] (Blu-ray)
Everything is perfect. Just Get it

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw and still watching this series on Discovery HD, July 8 2007
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Many programs use HD as a gimmick to try to improve mediocre films. The first films produced in HD were also more of the IMAX (all pictures and no substance.)

This series is a great exception. This is a well made documentary of Planet Earth and the HD (high speed to over 1000 frames a second) part adds the more than real feel to everything from birds to mountains. Once in a while they show people so you can put this large scope in scale. They minimize the animals eating animals and in many cases by leaving out the background music give you a mystic feel for the planet.

This series is worth the purchase as every time you watch you can catch something new. At this time there is a war of formats so I am holding off purchasing. However I have seen this severs several times on 46" 1080p. So far my favorite part is the silent vision of the Peruvian mountains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Collection, Dec 23 2010
Arrived within it's estimated delivery date, in perfect condition. Haven't had a chance to see all the dvd's within yet but so far it's been very fascinating to watch. Seems like a great family friendly educational item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth, Aug. 27 2009
Dorothy Letang (Canada) - See all my reviews
It is a wonderful series to have for all ages!!
I find the service that Amazon has given to be excellent, very helpful on the phone and problems are solved if they occur.
I faced a problem recently and your staff couldn't have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth Review, Aug. 20 2009
D. Broeska "Speed Reader" (Winnipeg, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fabulous Series, a must see for big screen, HD home viewing. Even if you're not into nature films, this one will interest you. Suffice to say that there has never been a series quite like this and the producers, director and photographers are to be commended on their vision and execution. This series will most probably be the last time that anyone is able to obtain images like these. It's unfortunate that our photographic and imaging technology is at a peak at a time that coincides with the extinction, depletion or severe habitat restriction of many of these animals and environments. At least we'll have a definitive documentation of what once was our lovely planet.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAPTIVATING!!, March 29 2009
Matthew Hill "Planet Earth Believer" (London, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is the most captivating, mezmorizing and interesting documentary I have ever seen. From the calm narration of Attenbough, to the astonishing imagery of the vast and diverse species on earth. I cannot keep my eyes away from the screen.
From the adults and kids I work with, to my wife and my cat at home, we are all enthralled by it all!!! A must have!
Matt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth:The Complete Series, Feb. 13 2009
Lynann Kerr ""avid reader"" (Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
Our family is enjoying this series immensely. We have not yet viewed all of it, but this gives us something to look forward to. The incredible detail and quality is breathtaking. We are learning so much about our planet as we view these dvds. They will be watched and shared many times. We were so glad to get them from Amazon at such a good price. We also purchased the "making of" book. The combo was perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Incredible Entriy into the HD World, Dec 27 2008
Robert Gregory (Kanata, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
We saw a regular version of this on a friend's rear view projection screen and it was spectacular. We had recently bought a 1080p Panasonic flat screen and blu-ray player and thought that PLanet Earth Blu-ray version might be a great first video to see on this format. We were simply blown away! The details, sharpness, range of colour and most incredible views of this marvelous planet jump out, along with a super sound track, to make this a breath-taking visual experience. The advances of high definition combined with the most mind boggling photography make Planet Earth one's top choice in the video library. Truly a visual delight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stunning!, Sept. 4 2008
I absolutely love this DVD set. The quality of the photography is absolutely unprecedented in all other nature movies I have seen (I've seen a fair amount). The narration is informative but not intrusive- you get to feel like you're really right there seeing all corners of the earth. The only warning (if you intent to watch it with young family members) is that since it really is a realistic view of nature there are more than a few hunting scenes that although fascinating, may upset some kids.

‹ Previous | 112 13 1424 | Next ›

Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import]
Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import] by David Attenborough (Blu-ray - 2007)
CDN$ 124.98 CDN$ 86.89