5.0 out of 5 stars A film of enourmous proportions that shows the majesty and mystery of our planet
It is hard to find a starting point in reviewing a film series that has set such a high standard of achievement. I frequently found myself pausing, rewinding and replaying multiple segments of each eposide, fascinated with the extent to which these expert filmmakers went to capture such amazing footage. What sets this "nature documentary" apart from all that have come...
Published on July 6 2007 by Torval Mork

3.0 out of 5 stars This Version is Missing Content!
A friend of mine showed me this series on DVD. I was so impressed I couldn't wait to purchase the Blu-Ray version and watch it at 1080p resolution. It turns out that not every scene is filmed in high definition, which is understandable given the conditions of some of the filming. What REALLY disappointed me about this version, however, is that much of the content is...
Published on Feb. 12 2008 by R. Koett

‹ Previous | 112 13 1424 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 27 2014
Breathtaking. Further emphasizes we can't ruin our only home - planet Earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Stunning, Aug. 15 2009
M. Inkster (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
Almost every shot in every episode of Planet Earth is a marvel. They manage to capture things on camera that have never been filmed before, and in some cases never been witnessed before. Equally fascinating is the "Planet Earth Diaries" segment that is featured at the end of each episode, which reveals the amount of painstaking work it took to garner some of the more unique shots. David Attenborough is the perfect narrator for this series (so I recommend not getting the US version, which is narrated by someone else).

If you don't have Planet Earth, you simply have to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Series, Jan. 15 2008
This review is from: Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import] (Blu-ray)
Planet Earth on blu-ray will blow you away. Outstanding PQ and amazing footage you won't see anywhere else. will keep you entertained for hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family entertainment at its best, Jan. 18 2008
I. Dobson "Free thinker" (Thunder Bay, Ont) - See all my reviews
As other reviewers have stated, unbelievable cinematography and many "never before seen" scenes. In fact I showed the Ocean DVD to my [...] and [...] and they now ask to watch it over and over, often arguing over which DVD to watch first. There are few DVDs that are equally captivating for adults and young children, but this series fits the bill. A welcome change from cartoons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Jan. 15 2008
Arla C. Macnab "Arla Macnab" (Lloydminster, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is the most amazing video I have ever watched! Our whole family was in awe at the stunning cinematography of this. You will not believe your eyes, and after you watch this video, I guarantee you will have a whole new appreciation and outlook for our wondrous, beautiful planet. Two HUGE thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, Nov. 30 2011
I ordered this product roughly five days ago, and have received it, given my proximity to the shipping centre.

The globe comes packaged in a plastic box, which is easy to open. The item itself is solidly made, with the hinge being the only spot that seems flimsy, and even then not greatly so.

The globe is fantastic, and looks great. Each globe is individually numbered, out of a limited production run of 50,000. The plastic sleeves that house the blu-ray are slid into the styrofoam lining of the globe.

All in all, very well shipped, great item, and the series itself is simply breathtaking.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!, Jan. 14 2011
We bought this series for Christmas for our family of 4 young kids. It was our only gift since we and the kids have everything we need. (I absolutely didn't want anymore toys in this household). lol Anyway, we are loving these dvds. We're seeing things we've never seen before and are once again amazed by God's creation. Get these instead of all the useless movies that are out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH EVERY PENNY AND MORE!!, Aug. 21 2009
Norma B. Harrison "SXTHRPST" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Most awesome movie I've ever seen. Never before and never again nature shots, you will be amazed! I just had to keep watching. It should be seen by all, so educational too schools shoud have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BluRay Purchase that Makes You Feel Good About Yourself, March 7 2009
B. Chen - See all my reviews
So you had shelled out significant amount of your saving to an HDTV, and maybe some more for a bluray player. If you are still struggling with whether the purchase was really necessary, or in any way improved your overall entertainment experience? This would be the perfect remedy for you. Not only is the image so vivid that insect-hater would shy away, the content is even more educational that, I cannot find any good reason to regret my plant-earth decision. You will for sure feel much better about this bluray purchase than .. say a batman one (even though I like it).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Family Viewing!!, Feb. 15 2009
Kelly Russell (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
We have kids who are 4, 7 and 9 and Planet Earth has provided us with hours of family entertainment. The filming is absolutely stunning and some of the sequences are clearing once-in-a-lifetime kinds of shots. The diaries at the end of every episode give details about how the amazing footage was captured which is really interesting and often, just as exciting as the episode itself. We all love it.

‹ Previous | 112 13 1424 | Next ›

Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import]
Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import] by David Attenborough (Blu-ray - 2007)
CDN$ 124.98 CDN$ 79.15