5.0 out of 5 stars A film of enourmous proportions that shows the majesty and mystery of our planet
It is hard to find a starting point in reviewing a film series that has set such a high standard of achievement. I frequently found myself pausing, rewinding and replaying multiple segments of each eposide, fascinated with the extent to which these expert filmmakers went to capture such amazing footage. What sets this "nature documentary" apart from all that have come...
Published on July 6 2007 by Torval Mork

3.0 out of 5 stars This Version is Missing Content!
A friend of mine showed me this series on DVD. I was so impressed I couldn't wait to purchase the Blu-Ray version and watch it at 1080p resolution. It turns out that not every scene is filmed in high definition, which is understandable given the conditions of some of the filming. What REALLY disappointed me about this version, however, is that much of the content is...
Published on Feb. 12 2008 by R. Koett

‹ Previous | 112 13 1423 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth Review, Aug. 20 2009
D. Broeska "Speed Reader" (Winnipeg, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fabulous Series, a must see for big screen, HD home viewing. Even if you're not into nature films, this one will interest you. Suffice to say that there has never been a series quite like this and the producers, director and photographers are to be commended on their vision and execution. This series will most probably be the last time that anyone is able to obtain images like these. It's unfortunate that our photographic and imaging technology is at a peak at a time that coincides with the extinction, depletion or severe habitat restriction of many of these animals and environments. At least we'll have a definitive documentation of what once was our lovely planet.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAPTIVATING!!, March 29 2009
Matthew Hill "Planet Earth Believer" (London, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is the most captivating, mezmorizing and interesting documentary I have ever seen. From the calm narration of Attenbough, to the astonishing imagery of the vast and diverse species on earth. I cannot keep my eyes away from the screen.
From the adults and kids I work with, to my wife and my cat at home, we are all enthralled by it all!!! A must have!
Matt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth:The Complete Series, Feb. 13 2009
Lynann Kerr ""avid reader"" (Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
Our family is enjoying this series immensely. We have not yet viewed all of it, but this gives us something to look forward to. The incredible detail and quality is breathtaking. We are learning so much about our planet as we view these dvds. They will be watched and shared many times. We were so glad to get them from Amazon at such a good price. We also purchased the "making of" book. The combo was perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Incredible Entriy into the HD World, Dec 27 2008
Robert Gregory (Kanata, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import] (Blu-ray)
We saw a regular version of this on a friend's rear view projection screen and it was spectacular. We had recently bought a 1080p Panasonic flat screen and blu-ray player and thought that PLanet Earth Blu-ray version might be a great first video to see on this format. We were simply blown away! The details, sharpness, range of colour and most incredible views of this marvelous planet jump out, along with a super sound track, to make this a breath-taking visual experience. The advances of high definition combined with the most mind boggling photography make Planet Earth one's top choice in the video library. Truly a visual delight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stunning!, Sept. 4 2008
I absolutely love this DVD set. The quality of the photography is absolutely unprecedented in all other nature movies I have seen (I've seen a fair amount). The narration is informative but not intrusive- you get to feel like you're really right there seeing all corners of the earth. The only warning (if you intent to watch it with young family members) is that since it really is a realistic view of nature there are more than a few hunting scenes that although fascinating, may upset some kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Series, Jan. 15 2008
Planet Earth on blu-ray will blow you away. Outstanding PQ and amazing footage you won't see anywhere else. will keep you entertained for hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a DVD.., Oct. 24 2007
Oakley Chan "Oak" (Toronto) - See all my reviews
This DVD is truely amazing. the camera scenes and the animals,, truely amazing. A recommended DVD for all type of people, to see what we would never thought we would ever see

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series, even better seller!, Jan. 7 2012
Perfect quality exactly what I was looking for. The seller went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, Jan. 3 2012
A. Stephenson "Adam" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This pack has amazing quality and is indeed narrated by David Attenborough as I was worried as there is an american Version. I am always in awe on every amazing scene.

4.0 out of 5 stars Planet earth, Nov. 11 2011
I was looking for a complete set of the Planet Earth series, to replace a set that got lost in the mail last year. I thought I couldn't get one for less than the current retail price but I was wrong. The set I got through Amazon.com was a lot less than retail (and was un-opened). It arrived in short order and was given as a gift to grand chilren that were waitng over a year for it to show up in the mail.

‹ Previous | 112 13 1423 | Next ›

Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import]
Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import] by David Attenborough (Blu-ray - 2007)
CDN$ 124.98 CDN$ 89.42