countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on April 15, 2012
Pros:
-Uses an internal button battery to back up the time in case of power outs, which should last quite a long time
-Decent AM/FM reception and sound quality
-You'd think this is trivial, but the fact that it has a 'Daylight Savings Time' button to move 1 hour forward/back is a plus; you'll only use this twice a year but it's something every clock should have

Interesting:
-Clock shipped with time pre-set for the EST time zone; I imagine this may require adjustment depending on which time zone you live in, but it was a nice touch

Cons:
-Display is not dimmable: while the display is reasonably dim on its own, depending on how much light pollution you're used to this may or may not be too bright for you since green light shows up very well at night. I don't have trouble falling asleep with the clock next to me but your mileage may vary. Interestingly the next model up, the ICF-C318, can dim the display.

Overall it's easy to use, good value for the price, and so far reliable. Other than that there's not much to say, it's an alarm clock.
on February 7, 2012
I like this alarm clock. I can work it without reading any instructions, which is my test for user friendliness.
Only downside is rather tinny sounding radio and limited FM range. However, overall it's a good buy - self-resetting time function is very helpful.
on September 19, 2014
I really like the fact that as soon as I turn the alarm off in the morning [by pushing down on the slightly depressed/dished button] the alarm is reset for the next morning - I do not have to make sure it's on again when I go back to bed in the evening.
The alarm time is really easy to set and that button is easy to find in the dark. Had for several years now and no complaints. Even takes a fall of the table well.
Loss of one star for stiff cabling and lack of dimmer.
on May 6, 2015
Banned cell phones and all other blue light electronics from the bedroom. It's refreshing to wake up to CBC Radio One.

The features are outstanding, not the most user friendly but with the manual anyone can set this up. Please read over the features thats what you're paying for.

The plastic is qualtity, same with switches, and LEDs. Very happy with radio reception, tuning, and volume. Overall I wouldn't want to be without it. I take it on all my travels.
on May 23, 2012
This clock does what it is supposed to do, I think. We have not had a time change since I bought it. It does not hold the time when the power goes out, but it may be the pre-installed battery has gone flat. The main criticism I have is the display is not bright enough to see easily in daylight.
on May 7, 2012
the apogee of plug and play - just plugged it into the wall, the time set itself, everybody happy, no bothers. Big digits, easily visible. I would have preferred red instead of green, but it looks good enough. I'll probably buy one more for other rooms in the house, too.
on February 16, 2015
What I was looking for in a utility clock radio. This Sony replaces a smaller clock radio which I have had for many years, but the sound seems not quite as clear as the previous radio. I guess it is just a matter of getting used to the change.
on February 18, 2014
I bought it for my son so he can open just one eye and see the time :) he hates sound alarms and prefers me instead but wants to see the time also. He also likes the green lit digits more than evil looking red ones.
on February 3, 2014
i luv this clock ...only one button you ever need to touch........the time zone button........even after unplugging the radio one day by mistake......was again perfect time when i plugged it back in......
on October 18, 2012
La qualité Sony à bas prix. Fiable et versatile, avec une batterie intégrée qui permet de savegarder les réglages de l'heure et de l'alarme en cas de panne de courant. Le son de la radio est très potable.