4.0 out of 5 stars This Season Had Me Seeing Green . . .
. . . Green arrows, that is.

Justin Hartley joins the regular Smallville cast as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, billionaire business tycoon by day, daring Robin Hood do-gooder by night.

Published on Nov. 27 2009 by A.P. Fuchs, author of The Axio...

3.0 out of 5 stars The copy I got in the mail was larger than ...
The copy I got in the mail was larger than the initial reales that this was listed under. So it's not standard blu ray case size
Published 1 month ago by Ethan Gillespie

4.0 out of 5 stars This Season Had Me Seeing Green . . ., Nov. 27 2009
This review is from: Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
. . . Green arrows, that is.

At first I wasn't sure what to think when I heard Green Arrow was going to have a place in Smallville's continuity. Of course, I was, like, "Hey, cool, another superhero joins the show and this one actually wears his costume!" Whereas the other part of me was, like, "What does Green Arrow have to do with Superman growing up, again?" All I can say without giving anything away is having Green Arrow join the show was a brilliant move. Not only does he demonstrate a good example for Clark, but his past and present conflicts with Lex Luthor also add a nice twist to the storyline.

Of particular note this season was the episode, "Noir," where everything was in black and white and took place in the '30s. Reminded me a bit of the Lois and Clark episode that did the same thing, but Smallville's was much better written and not as cheesy.

The over-arcing storyline of the phantoms that escaped from the Phantom Zone was cool and gave Smallville its trademarked horror-esque twist, but without continually going into Twilight Zone territory like it usually did.

I should add there was one more green element to this season: Martian Manhunter, played by Phil Morris. The only downside, though, was no alien visage but rather his shape-shifted human form instead. Oh well. The budget can only go so far, I suppose. Still, would have been cool if Martian Manhunter had more screen time, but this isn't his series.

The only thing that I didn't like about this season was Lex and Lana getting together. It really bothered me and didn't make much sense when looking back over the first five seasons. This is the reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars.

Recommended.

A.P. Fuchs

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like a great Superman series., Aug. 13 2007
Nick T (Toronto, ON. Canada) - See all my reviews
I just has to get this one. I am working in getting the whole series on HD DVD. The picture & audio quality is amazing. Probably one of the best & longest running Superman series ever.
I can watch them over & over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, May 13 2010
This review is from: Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
If you loved this series as much as my wife and I do, you'll want this. My wife and I watched all the episodes on here twice, once normally, and once with the commentary turned on. It's really quite entertaining to hear the comments from the actors in the sceries while watching the episode, more than you may imagine. OF course, extras on the DVDs are always worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fans of the show, Sept. 3 2013
Great for fans of the show. Bought this for my wife and she loved it! Definite need to add to all superman fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Smallville - the best TV series ever, April 7 2013
This review is from: Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
The best 10 years of TV series ever. Hope they can make more Superman, Flash and Batman TV shows.

Came in a really nice case, not like those crappy ones from Walmart that sells cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Smallville as a whole and I love season 6, Aug. 5 2014
This review is from: Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
I love Smallville as a whole and I love season 6. I'm not always thrilled by the writers choises but there were great episodes in the season. Tom Welling is better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved the Series, so I Bought it!, Sept. 13 2014
Exactly what they described
Exactly what they promised
Exactly why I bought it from them
I'm very satisfied!
More than enough reasons!

3.0 out of 5 stars The copy I got in the mail was larger than ..., July 31 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible show for the whole family!, June 11 2007
D. Landry (Ottawa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
Smallville tells the tale of a teenage Clark Kent in the days before he was Superman. It is the town where very strange things started happening with his arrival in a spaceship in the midst of a meteor storm of green rocks.

Clark must deal with a variety of individuals given powers by the green rocks, keep his powers a secret, cope with his friendship with a young Lex Luthor, and balance the two girls in his life, Chloe and Lana.

This series has a great cast, especially Tom Welling as Clark Kent. He is such a talented and intelligent actor. So is Michael Rosenbaum as Lex, great acting! The writing is outstanding, but the cast is what makes this show one of the best out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars yeah!!!, May 18 2008
This review is from: Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
Tellement une bonne série! Je comprends pas pourquoi la série passe à la télé en francais, mais que les dvds sont en anglais! Ça m'enrage tellement! Bref, il y a ( au moins) des sous-titres en français et la première saison est offerte avec une piste francaise. Je recommende cette série à tout le monde.

Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season by Mike Rohl (DVD - 2007)
CDN$ 49.70 CDN$ 18.49