countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

. . . Green arrows, that is.

Justin Hartley joins the regular Smallville cast as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, billionaire business tycoon by day, daring Robin Hood do-gooder by night.

At first I wasn't sure what to think when I heard Green Arrow was going to have a place in Smallville's continuity. Of course, I was, like, "Hey, cool, another superhero joins the show and this one actually wears his costume!" Whereas the other part of me was, like, "What does Green Arrow have to do with Superman growing up, again?" All I can say without giving anything away is having Green Arrow join the show was a brilliant move. Not only does he demonstrate a good example for Clark, but his past and present conflicts with Lex Luthor also add a nice twist to the storyline.

Of particular note this season was the episode, "Noir," where everything was in black and white and took place in the '30s. Reminded me a bit of the Lois and Clark episode that did the same thing, but Smallville's was much better written and not as cheesy.

The over-arcing storyline of the phantoms that escaped from the Phantom Zone was cool and gave Smallville its trademarked horror-esque twist, but without continually going into Twilight Zone territory like it usually did.

I should add there was one more green element to this season: Martian Manhunter, played by Phil Morris. The only downside, though, was no alien visage but rather his shape-shifted human form instead. Oh well. The budget can only go so far, I suppose. Still, would have been cool if Martian Manhunter had more screen time, but this isn't his series.

The only thing that I didn't like about this season was Lex and Lana getting together. It really bothered me and didn't make much sense when looking back over the first five seasons. This is the reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars.

Recommended.

A.P. Fuchs
on May 13, 2010
If you loved this series as much as my wife and I do, you'll want this. My wife and I watched all the episodes on here twice, once normally, and once with the commentary turned on. It's really quite entertaining to hear the comments from the actors in the sceries while watching the episode, more than you may imagine. OF course, extras on the DVDs are always worth it.
on August 13, 2007
I just has to get this one. I am working in getting the whole series on HD DVD. The picture & audio quality is amazing. Probably one of the best & longest running Superman series ever.
I can watch them over & over again.
on May 18, 2008
Tellement une bonne série! Je comprends pas pourquoi la série passe à la télé en francais, mais que les dvds sont en anglais! Ça m'enrage tellement! Bref, il y a ( au moins) des sous-titres en français et la première saison est offerte avec une piste francaise. Je recommende cette série à tout le monde.
on November 20, 2015
Got this blu ray from mygoods -Canada
My complaint, which may not be against the seller

The season is split into 2 blu ray cases. It's in a slip cover, however each blu ray slipsheet is summary of each episode instead of being an insert and having season artwork. It's so weird
on April 7, 2013
The best 10 years of TV series ever. Hope they can make more Superman, Flash and Batman TV shows.

Came in a really nice case, not like those crappy ones from Walmart that sells cheaper.
on August 5, 2014
I love Smallville as a whole and I love season 6. I'm not always thrilled by the writers choises but there were great episodes in the season. Tom Welling is better and better.
on September 13, 2014
Exactly what they described
Exactly what they promised
Exactly why I bought it from them
I'm very satisfied!
More than enough reasons!
on January 13, 2008
If you love the TV Series you'll love the DVD set even more! It has some nice bonus features and the episodes are all fantastic.
on July 31, 2014
The copy I got in the mail was larger than the initial reales that this was listed under. So it's not standard blu ray case size