5.0 out of 5 stars Avril branches out...
This album affirms her femininity, independence ad confidence in herself in this album. Great to play this CD in the car at full volume down the highway.
Published 2 months ago by Wharris

2.0 out of 5 stars Going backwards
Published on June 10 2007 by WriterGrl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Avril branches out..., May 16 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars AVRIL LAVIGNE, Jan. 22 2014
I got it today n cant stop playing it, Avril did a good job and I love every song :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nobody rocks like Avril!, May 14 2013
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
Since Avril Lavigne debuted her first album in 2002, I have loved her music! Not only is she a talented song writer but her rocker girl spirit is something I love! Her songs make me happy and she's totally relateable, which is so important. This album does not disappoint! Just fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy supporting my fellow Canadians, March 18 2013
Big Avril fan..and enjoy supporting her by buying her amazing music and going to her concerts. Very good songs on this cd!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Avril, Oct. 15 2012
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
Glad I got this CD. I should of waited..but had no idea..

I won a $44 amazon gift card from work 2 days later after I placed this/received it.

Love her music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Fun!, April 18 2007
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
Avril Lavigne's weakness as a songwriter is what actually makes this album worthy of 4 stars. Confused? Let me share more.

Lavigne is a singer/songwriter who, on her past two releases, seems to find one melody and then stick to it for the entire album. "Let Go" was a great album with some free-spirited lyrics, but the majority of songs follow the same musical pattern and each song sounds a lot like the last. This trend continued with "Under My Skin." The unfortunate thing about her sophomore release, was that it was a really terrible melody that she was working with. As a fan of her first album, I felt "Under My Skin"'s repetitive sound (that lasted 12 tracks) was incredibly obnoxious by the time you reached the end of the album.

With Lavigne's third release, "The Best Damn Thing," she again falls into the trap of sticking to one melody for nearly every song. But surprisingly, the more upbeat Avril, has crafted a 12-track album that's incredibly infectious, fun, and exciting! It's one of those albums you can stick in your CD player (whether at home or in the car), turn up real loud, and just have a fun time rocking to.

Yes, the album is far from being a brilliant punk/rock album, but it's sound is captivating and catchy. It's the perfect summer album. Although I still feel that Lavigne has fallen short of the bar she set for herself with her debut "Let Go," "The Best Damn Thing" comes close and is a lot more fast-passed than any of her previous efforts. If you're looking for a fun album, this will work for you. If you want the more serious side of Lavigne, as featured on "Under My Skin," you'd best turn your attention elsewhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars Going backwards, June 10 2007
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
I'm really disappointed in Avril Lavigne in this album. It seems like she's gone from a tough, independant girl to someone who plays with boys and calls it self-respect. I loved "Let Go" and "Under My Skin". Sure, "The Best D--- Thing" has very catchy songs, I'll admit that. And I do love to sing along to them. But the only songs that I like that seem to have a positive attitude are "Keep Holding On" and "Innocence"...since they were both available on iTunes by themselves, there was no reason to buy the entire CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS!!, April 17 2007
JC (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Why would anyone buy the regular (clean) edition when they could get this deluxe edition w/dvd and explicit lyrics? This edition is the way to go with this album, which is fantastic! Every song is a lot of fun, incredibly catchy, and I love the cheerleader-esque vibe of a lot of the songs. It seems like the only weak link here is Keep Holding On (which I like also, but its just so cheesy). Anyone looking for a more grown up and mature Avril should look elsewhere, you won't like this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best damn copy of the best damn thing, April 24 2008
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
where do i begin...this CD/DVD is amazing.....the live performances are adorable and well performed. All the video's thus far appear on DVD too....plus an extra video of girlfriend remix.....new songs & everything! Its really really good! Honestly! Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Avril Lavigne delivers her best album. This album rocks!!, Aug. 10 2007
Avril Lavigne has scored with an impressive album. Keep Holding On is one of the best ballads on the album. When You're Gone is hauntingly beautiful and my only problem with this album is the loud single, Girlfriend, which managed reached #1 on the singles chart. It is a brilliant album from beginning to end and my only problem with this album is the song, Girlfriend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Best Damn Thing
The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne (Audio CD - 2007)