summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 27, 2007
I now wait 'till I listen to an album at least 12 times (instead of 5 or 6) before I comment on it! Sometimes I love or dislike an album more after a dozen listens (I regret some of my earlier comment/reviews!)! Well with Brandi Carlile's first album I like it better with each listen. I would describe her music as folk country and her songs have a rawness and honesty about them that makes them sweet but gritty too. And that voice! If you crossed kd lang, Patsy Cline and Jeff Buckley you may just get Brandi Carlile! I just love her voice that can be so powerful and expressive. I'm not normally a country music fan but I find that I love her country twangs and "yodels" (I don't know how else to describe it!). I'm looking forward to buying her new album out in April and seeing her and the twins live! Sometimes you hear a musician and you know that person was born to do what they do because it comes so naturally, like breathing, to them. I feel that way about Brandi Carlile.
on December 25, 2011
I have The Story on my ipod and probably listen to it at least twice a week, especially when I am driving. It isn't one of those CDs where you skip to the few songs you prefer. I enjoy every piece of music. Brandi's voice is raw and gritty and she has a marvelous range. I bought this copy of The Story to send in my son's Christmas parcel to B.C. I hope he loves it!
on August 31, 2011
Bought this CD for one song thanks to Grey's Anatomy and ended up enjoying all the songs. Great singer, will be adding her to my collection.
on November 28, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect, had only heard one of her songs.. but the entire C.D. is wonderful! 5 stars!
on November 24, 2014
Amazing voice.....amazing lyrics...amazing music!!!!! Thanks
on August 9, 2015
The whole album is amazing.
on November 25, 2015