5.0 out of 5 stars High capacity, great value
While moving house last week I came across a 16Mb memory card. How times change!

At 500 times the capacity, this 8Gb unit is a beauty. Huge capacity and, as usual, a very keen price on Amazon.

Two points to note:

Published on March 31 2010 by Tom Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good
Published on Aug. 6 2010 by R. S. Loewen

5.0 out of 5 stars High capacity, great value, March 31 2010
Tom Douglas (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kingston 8 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/8GB (Personal Computers)

Two points to note:

- This is a Class 4 SD card. This means it is not really suitable for high spec digital SLRs, such as the Canon Rebel. The Class 4 indicates the read/write speed, and with a Class 4 the card will slow down the camera, and for rapid sequential shots will be a handicap. For such uses you need a Class 6. you will pay much more for one, but will be glad you did.

- Unless you are using a very high resolution camera, you probably do not need 8Gb, unless you plan to never transfer images off the card and onto your computer. For regular digital camera use, buy a couple of very cheap 2Gb cards. However, for other media use, such as playing digital video files on your TV, the bigger capacity is definitely useful.

As is usual with Kingston memory, it works perfectly every time.

Five stars, but make sure it is the right Class for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, Aug. 6 2010
R. S. Loewen "Rob L." (Saskatooon, SK Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this along with Kodak EasyShare Z981 14MP Digital Camera with Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon 26x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom Lens and 3.0 Inch LCD and it sure it's a High Capacity card, but it's not a fast card, it slows down the retake rate of my camera because it's not speedy, It's quality Kingston product, but you might want one with a faster read/write speed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but doesn't match photo, Jan. 29 2011
I was looking for an 8GB SD card for a decent price, and I've always trusted Kingston with their memory and products so far, so when I saw this, it looked like a good deal. Turns out it was.

I've been using this particular SD card now for over 1000 photos, and haven't had a problem yet. It reads and writes fast on my D5000, and I find that any more than 8GB on a camera is an organizational nightmare, so it's working perfectly for me.

Only issue I have is that the card I received was a BLACK 8GB Class 4 SD card, and not a BLUE... Difference? None I can find so far, but I do think they should sell exactly the card they specify or provide options.

Well worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working and broke within a month, but refund was prompt, Dec 17 2011
My partner uses this to take pictures in a lab. Once a day she would take pictures and then immediately empty the card onto her lab computer. She would always leave the card at the lab, so it never traveled, except the first time to the lab in its original plastic holder. It worked fine until a couple days ago, when after a camera session she could not get any computer at her lab to recognize it, it just kept saying the card needed formatting before it could be used. She brought it home and the home computers said the same thing, and after ejecting it from my computer here, I noticed the upper-left corner had a chip out of it and the two layers of plastic were separating. While I was looking at it, I moved the lock switch back and forth a couple times, and then the little yellow plastic piece that makes up the lock switch fell right out! I've never seen a card so flimsy as this, and now she has to re-do a lab experiment because we can't get at the data.

Unfortunately, because we happened to move in the past month, they can't ship us a replacement, because replacements are only shipped to the original address of the order. I know they say you can just re-order it, but I ordered it with something else that I don't need to return, and so now I don't qualify for free shipping. So I would rather have a replacement than a refund, but I have to note that the refund was promptly credited to our order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., Oct. 4 2010
Don't know enough to say the price is great but it does what I expected. It arrived promptly.

3.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile, but somewhat slow, memory card, Dec 4 2013
Ricardipus (near Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This card is fine, but be careful of the speed rating. This is a class 4 card, which is quick enough for many things but will choke under burst shooting, particularly when shooting raw files with a high-megapixel still camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kingston 16GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/16GB, Jan. 22 2014
The Kingston 16GB Class 4 Flash Memory Card was bought to use in a digital motion picture camera. Tests upon
receiving the Flash Memory Card showed it could record moving pictures and retaining the colours and sounds similar
to the original subjects. Instructions included with the Flash Memory Card are accurate for both SD Memory Card and
SDHC Memory Card. When received the Card was well packed to protect it from dust and physical damages.
Amazon packed the card well for shipping. Delivery was made by Amazon and received within Amazon delivery times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Storage Device, Nov. 20 2013
Dougie - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Bought this as a cheap way to give customers their videos. I would NOT recommend this for using in a camera, because it's only a Class 4 card; however, it works great to store stuff on.

5.0 out of 5 stars packaging, April 16 2011
the packaging was done with great care but the box, bigger than the one for the camera and all its stuff, was way too big for a card,

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory card, May 9 2011
The only regret I have about this is that I didn't order the higher capacity card. I did have presence of mind to take along another card and I ended up using them both. Next time when I go on vacation, I'll make sure I have a higher capacity card. The card never let me down though and I've been using it ever since. Cudos to the supplier for delivering it before schedule! You have one very happy customer here!

Kingston 8 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/8GB