5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Aug. 16 2007
This review is from: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End (Audio CD)
(I'm not sure if this will change or repost, because now that I've bought the soundtracks I'm changing my review) This soundtrack is absolutely wonderful, and is much better than the COTBP soundtrack and moderately better than the DMC soundtrack.
Hoist the Colours: 7/10-A very tragic and haunting scene, and the song is likewise, but I think that it's given a more interesting treatment in "What Shall We Die For?"

Singapore: 8/10-This track has an Oriental flavour, but still manages to bring in a lot of the much loved themes from the first two films.

At Wit's End: 9/10- though it may seem a bit long, it first brings in the beautiful Willabeth theme in all it's glory, then seemlessly transitions from a bit of the Tia Dalma theme back into the Willabeth theme again.

Multiple Jacks: 6/10- I don't know if it's because I didn't really like the scene in the movie, or because of the silence in the middle, or just because it's so weird, but this track never really did it for me.

Up is Down: 10/10- One of the best tracks on the cd, this is both hilarious and exciting, introducing the great main theme for the movie...it also helps that it's from one of the most outlandish, zany scenes in the movie...when the crew capsizes the black pearl by running back and forth.

I See Dead People In Boats: 7/10- Very slow, and very sad, but also very sweet, this is the music from when Elizabeth's father dies...watch out for that weird organ cord at the end.

The Brethren Court: 7/10- in this track, we first hear the "Hoist the Colours" theme really sneaking into the music, and we also get some delightfully weird music as Keith Richards enters as Captain Teague.

Parlay: 7/10- a rather different tone than the rest of the music, it feature a guitar solo by none other the Rolling Stones frontman himself.

Calypso: 6/10- sad at the beginning, and almost over-the-top in trying to be creepy, probably my least favorite track...the choir chanting occultish-ly in this one is pretty cheesy, really.

What Shall We Die For: 9/10- Very stirring, it makes me want to go into battle, the best treatment of the song in the whole disc

I Don't Think Now Is the Best Time: 10/10-this is one of the most amazing songs I have ever heard...the best part is Will & Elizabeth's wedding, from 6:50 to 9:06

One Day: 10/10- the incredibly beautiful, bittersweet, tragic music for the incredibly beautiful, bittersweet, tragic last scene of Willabeth.
Drink Up Me Hearties: 10/10- a great, I suppose you could call it "summary" piece...it includes one day, up is down, he's a pirate...all the faves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, Nov. 23 2007
Richiebee "RichieBee" (Newfoundland, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End (Audio CD)
I was disappointed by the movie, but since I bought the soundtrack months ago, it has spent more play time in my car, at home, on my MP3 player and at work, than everything else I've played put together. Not a day goes by that I don't crave listening to it. It has some truly breathtaking moments of emotion and maintains my interest throughout its entirety, and that's not something that happens often.
There are some truly spectacular moments that give me goose bumps. This is without doubt, the best soundtrack, and orchestral based album I have ever listened to. Although I would have enjoyed this as a classical album, the electronic elements (guitars and synthesizers) are both sparingly used, and tasteful, and don't take anything away from what is an epic symphonic score.
I can listen to this album no matter what kind of mood I'm in, and it will both relax and revive me.
I can't recommend it highly enough. I love it.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End
Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End by Various (Audio CD - 2007)