5.0 out of 5 stars Wii Edition = Best Edition
RE4 for the Wii is basically the best of the GameCube version (graphics) with the best of the PS2 version (the bonus content). In addition to that, it adds the amazing Wii only controls.

This is a must own for all Wii owners, even the ones that have played the GC or PS2 versions.

RE4 Wii Edition is by far the best of them all.
Published on June 25 2007 by R. Southam

3.0 out of 5 stars I want my classic RE
As most complain that the Resident Evil series got boring and repetitive prior to RE4...but i disagree. I've been a fan since the release of the first title on PSX, adored the series over the years...RE5 looks awesome but i miss the classic games (If you have a Wii or Gamecube, buy Resident Evil [REMAKE])
Published on Oct. 23 2007 by C. Marrone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii Edition = Best Edition, June 25 2007
R. Southam - See all my reviews
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)

RE4 Wii Edition is by far the best of them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Game!, March 24 2013
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
if you are a fan of the Resident Evil series, this game is a must! Definitely a milestone in the series, this game retains the survival nature of its predecessors, While along for a more fluid and natural gameplay control elements via the Wii controller. Between its incarnations on the gamecube and the ps3, the wii edition is the way to go! The best part about all this is that the game was brand new and at only $15! Assuming your running this off an HD tv and or Wii U, keep in mind that this game is not true HD, as Wii games were not released in HD. If you have a large tv the game will show its age, a bit grainy and blurry. That doesnt take you out of the experience though. In a survival horror game, it almost seeems to add another layer of ambience to it making the game feel gritty and raw. In any case, for this price, if you have a Wii or Wii U and don't own this game, GET IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars it's the best jerry! THE BEST!, Feb. 13 2013
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
Arguably one of the best game in the Resident evil franchise (apart from RE2). this game revolutionized the action shooter genre with its over the shoulder camera view which inspired many other games (gears of war and such). The story is good and well thought out, it's one of those games that you will remember playing and continue to play even though you beat it dozens of times. This version is the wii port which makes it even more fun and much easier to aim, almost feels like cheating. you get all the bonus content of the ps2 version. I give it a 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Great action, April 23 2012
Marc Beaulieu (Schumacher, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
The game features many bonus mini games which are more fun than the game itself. You get to play on 4 levels with different characters killing as many villagers infected with a disease as possible. You can get time bonuses and pick up extras in the maps to sustain your health and ammo. Very addictive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun but hard, Feb. 7 2012
Sylvain C. (Montreal, QC. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
I like this game so far. It's immersive and makes you feel like you're in the middle of it all, but I also find it pretty hard. I just reached chapter 1-3 but I really stuggled to get through the valley area. For hardcore gamers i'm sure this is easy but not for a casual gamer like me. But nonetheless it's pretty much fun. I had to look at alot of walkthroughs and retry several times before I could get to where I am and sometimes I almost got discouraged but I kept trying. So this game is not for everyone, but I figure if I got this far then maybe there's hope for someone like me that's also not that great at playing hard video games. The difficulty level has really been borderline for me so far and if it gets harder I don't think I will be able to complete it. Also this game seems to take a long time to finish and I don't have as much time as I would like to play it.

So, fun, immersive, good looking graphics, nice sound effects and quite hard (for me anyways).

EDIT : To my big surprise I managed to make it up to chapter 3-1 almost 3-2 !

EDIT 2: I am now up to chapter 4-1 but I doubt I will be able to make it to chapter 5-5 the last chapter.

EDIT 3: More than a year later I have decided to try to continue the game where I left off and I think it's in the bag now ! I'm up to the last chapter and i'm pretty sure I will complete it. I have played alot of action games since I begun RE4 so I think that payed off. I do find the game a little easier now, and still as fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resident Evil 4 Wii Review, Sept. 28 2011
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
This game is simply horrifying, most-scary game Ever. Almost immediately this game starts to feel and play like a movie.
The story is strong, the characters are true-to life, and the gameplay is challenging, keeps you interested.
Every wii owner MUST try this, if for no other reason, it pushes the wii controller and nunchuk to their limits.
Shooting using the wii controller is instinctive and most accurate gunfire because of the wii implementation of controls.
A Must have for ALL Wii users/owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, Dec 11 2009
sly "sly" (Saskatoon, Sask, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
I have been waiting for this game for about a year now and it was well worth the wait!
Resident Evil games are tons of fun and mine came so quickly in the mail! I was super excited when it came a week early so thank you amazon for shipping out my games so fast especially over the holiday season

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii Edition is best [late review], Jan. 18 2008
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
I can't believe quite a few people are complaning about this game, even though it is the best offer. It seems you can't please 100% of the crowd, no matter what you make or do.

So, what the graphics are dated? What did you expect from a 3 year old game? It makes the game better, that you are playing something that you remember, or for the first time. Nintendo has endless proven that graphics don't make the game, quality does. I'm all for this, since the game market has been inflated ever since 2000.

Why are some people also complaning about the control style? Now this is stupid. If you don't like the excellent, realistic controls of the wii remote and nunchuck, you can also use a classic controller, or even plug in a GCN controller. How can you even complain about the controls, other than you can strafe or move while aiming?

As for story, the story is interesting all the way through. I like how it takes a few steps from the depature while letting character development allow for the main character that you play as, Leon S. Kennedy. (hope I spelled his name right)

You also have quite a bit of bonus features from the Ps2 version, with Gamecube graphics, which are more signifigant than the Ps2 version. There also is nearly no lag, the lag is not even noticable sometimes. The cutscenes are pretty amazing, they do something that keeps you interested: You have to press buttons, at certain times so you can never really put that control down, until the credits roll, you are at unrest.

The enemies are also different than zombies. Even though they still are infected, they are much smarter. I'm all for AI, they are much harder than Zombies sometimes, you can notice that they all have minds of their own sometimes, but even than they sometimes rush at you. You have limited ammunition, so you often have to have good aim, and travel for hidden suprises, like ammo crates.

Yes, this is the most mainstream Resident Evil, and also one of the most critized, however it doesn't deserve all of the negativity it has been getting. Ocarina of Time now has been released 4 times in a row, and no one has been giving it negative reviews.

5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, Jan. 21 2014
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
Was a great price I got what was shown on time and in great condition I would recommend this game to everyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply one of the best wii game, Jan. 19 2014
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - Wii (Video Game)
Even if you haven't played the others, this one is a must.
Good use of the wii and nunchuk controllers, a pleasure to play !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Resident Evil 4 - Wii
Resident Evil 4 - Wii by Capcom USA (Nintendo Wii)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 9.00