4.0 out of 5 stars Almost the perfect go to tool
Published on Nov. 28 2011 by captain amazon

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
15 days after ordering it and it has yet to be shipped, disappointing. They must be making it special. Only got so long to live.
Published 19 months ago by Cameron Wood

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost the perfect go to tool, Nov. 28 2011
This review is from: Bosch PS10-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Driver Kit (Tools & Hardware)
I'd hoped this tool would come out in an 18V version, but I could wait no more. I naturally assumed that more volts meant more power, but that is not the case I pleasantly found out. I bought this tool to dismantle a very large and very expensive custom kitchen. I'd hoped it would be reliable enough to go all day for 3 days of unscrewing. It did, and it asked for more. The tiny batteries lasted a long time and since it came with two of them, I was never waiting around. I love the articulating head, it fit in very tight spots and was easy to maneuver to get to the screw head. My friends 18V driver could not do a lot of the work due to its big size. The locking head is easy to use to change bits easily. I do wish I had two of these so I wouldn't have to change bits, it gets a little annoying when working with 3 different screw head types. However, this is not the tools fault.

My only complaint is that every once and awhile I'd squeeze the trigger and nothing would happen, then I'd squeeze it again and it was fine. This happened infrequently, but still happened nonetheless. I also think the carrying bag could've been a bit bigger, I can't put the driver in without taking the battery out. I'd also like to store some bits and stuff in there, but I can't ask for everything.

All in all, its an amazing little tool. I'm glad I opted for this instead of the full size drill/driver combo I was looking at getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Driver, Nov. 20 2012
I'm a refrigeration mechanic and use this tool daily for running screws and bolts in and out. It fits into very tight areas, and has lots of torque for screwing into wood or metal. Assembly work is fast and easy, you can hold the nut in one hand and run the bolt into it with the driver. It has a variable speed trigger so you can get the threads started slowly and then speed it up. I have a magnetic bit holder and a selection of nut and screwdriver bits, and a 1/4 inch socket adapter with deep sockets that I use with this. The batteries last a long time, and re-charge in about 20 minutes, and you get 2 batteries with it. The only downside to this unit is the internal overtorque protection, which will just stop the chuck occasionally, or requires you to pull the trigger a couple of times before responding, but once you get used to it, it's no problem. I love this tool and would not want to go to work without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, Oct. 8 2012
D. Huntley "SirDaav" (Canada et Le Monde) - See all my reviews
I am no handyman, but this is a handy tool for the house, part drill, part screwdriver, the bits are easy to change and once you get the feel of the trigger, it's quite easy to use. The angled head you can use to manouvre into odd spots and it does have more power than the 12v ratimg would suggest - Bosch advertises higher torque on its 12v than rials and it seems to be true.

The one review on here with one star is not very fair, you should ignore it, he admits he didn't know what he was buying, never opened the box but gives it one star ? Bizarre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool, July 18 2012
Matt (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
The other 1 star review is pretty misleading. I've had this tool for a year and I'm surprised at how often I use it. It's small enough to fit in tight areas and the battery life is great. It really has no competition from other models I've tried from Milwaukee and DeWalt. The other reviewer thought it was an impact driver and gave it 1 star because it wasn't, so note this is not an impact driver, nor is it a table saw, nor is it a vacuum cleaner. It's a portable driver appropriate for small jobs, not necessarily for building a deck, but it does the trick in tight corners where you wouldn't want a full size drill or impact driver.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its worth the money, Jan. 1 2014
A little on the bulky side is the only down fall...power is great and the ability to control the clutch drive is nice

4.0 out of 5 stars great, Dec 7 2013
does what youd think it would fits in tight spots has less power then the normal 12v drill driver but gets the job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing another screwdriver, Dec 29 2012
I had a dewalt screwdriver very similar to this one for at least 12years, unfortunately the batteries were obsolete and that model wasn't available anymore. So when I saw this Bosch model I thought it would be a good replacement. I tried it and very versatile and works well in confining spaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this drill, Dec 20 2012
Alexandre Nassif "A. Nassif" (Edmonton, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I had been looking for a small right angle drill for a while and initially purchased the Milwaukee M12. The Milwaukee has an actual chuck so that it can accept regular drill bits, but at the expense of a larger form factor. I needed something smaller.

I finally decided to pull the trigger on the Bosch when this one came on sale (and I returned the M12 to Home Depot). So far I have not had any regret.

I love the P10 because:
- It is the smallest right angle drill I have ever used. It will get into wherever you want it to.
- It is very powerful. It is tough enough to drill and drive anything into anything (with the exception of drilling concrete, of course).
- Available settings cater for all my needs as a relatively unskilled DYI'er.
- It looks and feels great on my hands. It is very light but has a good feel.

What could have been improved:
- It could have a LED
- It could have a belt clip
- More care could have been put into finishing (peeling stickers, no padding under charger's footing, etc)

I have not experienced any problem with the speed/torque settings maybe because I am not a pro by any stretch of imagination, and so far I am loving it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Dec 8 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT an Impact Driver, Jan. 12 2012
Chris Murphy (St. John's, Newfoundland Canada) - See all my reviews
I thought this deal was too good to be true - and I was correct! While it seems like a nice little screwdriver, it is NOT an impact driver. If you look on the Bosch tools website, or even Amazon.com, you will see it listed correctly as a screwdriver.
As soon as I saw the Bosch box when I opened the shipping carton, I knew it wasn't an impact driver. So back it went...

Note: The reason I gave it one star was that up until about two weeks after my review, it was prominently labeled (on amazon.ca) as an IMPACT driver, not the correct label it now has. I wanted to prevent other buyers from ordering it, only to find out that it was just a screwdriver. Several companies make a right-angle impact driver, but having researched it after receiving this one I found that Bosch does not. When I was returning it, the customer service rep told me that Amazon would correct the label, but after waiting several weeks (with no change) I posted my review. As I noted, the label was changed soon after.

If it like the other Bosch tools I own, I am sure it is a fine screwdriver. But rating was for the deception, not the tool.

Bosch PS10-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Driver Kit