5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster Ever
Published on July 13 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well
The unit works well but I found that I really did not like my eggs and meat steamed instead of fried. Healthier but texture and taste were not great.
Published 16 months ago by Paul Senior

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster Ever, July 13 2011
This review is from: Back to Basics TEM4500 4-Slot Egg-and-Muffin Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
Who doesn't want to wake up to breakfast in 5 minutes? It makes a great sandwich to take when you're running out the door to work! The toast pop up exactly when your eggs are ready, so every thing is toasty warm too! Don't want eggs this morning? Fine! Just select toast only. Mornings have never been so great since I received this toaster. The slots are wide enough to accommodate my mothers home made bread too. Again, I really love this toaster!

4.0 out of 5 stars IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!, Jan. 23 2012
I was somewhat sceptical that it would work well but it really does do it all. The only improvement I would like to see is a better non stick coating. The egg cups mark easily (dish cloth made swirl scatches on them) and will likely not stand the test of time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Breakfast made Easy, Jan. 27 2012
Elaine K (Kingston,ontario ,Canada) - See all my reviews
This is a very practical product . It is a quick and efficient way to prepare breakfast. No pots no pans. hardly any clean up to speak of. In oder to be successful ,carefully follow instructions to the letter. I have not yet mastered my favourite consistency for the yolk but practice makes perfect. It does get hot and steamy so be cautious.It is a larger appliance so it does take up space, about the size of a breadbox. Perfect for a couple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster!, Dec 11 2011
This toaster is wonderful! We have been enjoying a variety of breakfast sandwiches every morning! It is quick and easy and leaves you feeling satisfied all morning. It's a one of a kind product that our friends and family have been really impressed by!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cameron, Nov. 14 2011
I have a 16 year old boy who loves this thing. Works great but it takes up a lot of space. This is a hard item to find in Canada, quick shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Poacher/Toaster, Jan. 20 2012
I knew the moment I saw the Amazon email that this was a MUST. Despite being just before Christmas it turned up within 2 days of ordering - amazing. It is quite big, maybe normal toaster + a half but I made space. The instructions said to use spray on the pans but butter or marg do just as well. It's a real pleasure to use. Very simple and the water measure ensures you get your eggs exactly the way you like. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a poached egg. It also soft and/or hard boils up to 8 eggs which might be useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars toaster/egg cooker, April 15 2012
Toaster/egg cooker is one of the best appliances I have had in a long time. I could not find the crumb trays for awhile, but they are there. It took a few times to get the amount of water right so that the eggs were done just right as well as the toast. It also took a couple of times before I could figure out which way to set the bagel to get the correct side toasted. It was received very quickly from Amazon. We love it!! P.S. I also used it to steam asparagus and broccoli in the 8 slot egg cooker. Amazing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toaster/Egg-Poacher, Feb. 10 2012
We needed a new toaster and thought this would be a handy item to have. We love it and use it a number of times a week. It works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty cool., March 25 2012
This was kind of a spur of the moment purchase for me. I had a couple gift cards and decided to go shopping and this is what I found. Overall, I think it's really cool. It's a fun way to make breakfast sandwiches. Hard boiling the eggs worked awesomely. So far it seems to be working exactly as it's supposed to, and I've used it about 4 or 5 times now. I like the removable crumb tray. I am happy with it. There are a couple things I don't like about it, though.

Mainly that is the way the toaster works. At first I had it set exactly in the middle of the browning control (the way I like my other toaster), and found that it had just barely heated the muffin. So I'm still trying to figure that out. It doesn't work the same as a regular toaster, and I really wish it did. At least I still have my other toaster.

The second thing I think is worth mentioning is that it's pretty easy to get a steam burn with this thing. Be very careful with it.

I wish the measuring cup had measures for two poached eggs, rather than just one. That was the mistake I made the first time I tried it - I only put enough water in for one egg, and they didn't fully cook before it evaporated away, and I was all like "What the heck, I followed the instructions!?" Although it did seem to me like it would need more water than that... anyways, think double for the cup for two poached eggs.

Lastly, I would also recommend running the toaster until it no longer emits that horrible smell. Not just once. It may (most likely) take more than one run before the smell stops.

Other than that, I think that if it doesn't want to work properly for you, make sure you are following the instructions completely. Read that little book. The bagel option is only supposed to toast one side of the bread, so make sure the toaster doesn't think it's toasting bagels when that happens to your bread.
IUt

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Basics TEM4500 4-Slot Egg-and-Muffin Toaster Review, Feb. 26 2012
Although we have only used this item a few times, each one was successful. The eggs were perfectly cooked and the toast was hot and ready with the eggs. I would highly recommend this item for those people on the go with very little time for breakfast. Ready in just a few minutes, the toaster is a welcome kitchen item in our house.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›