5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous! Buy it, it's worth every penny!
I just received my Juice Fountain today, and I'm certainly pleased with my purchase. My first juice was effortless and fun!
Published 20 months ago by MK

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaves wet pulp
Published 2 months ago by Casey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous! Buy it, it's worth every penny!, Aug. 20 2012
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
Before deciding on this product I read many reviews, blogs, and watched YouTube videos on various products. I then went to the store to compare various brands, including several Breville brands for ease of assembly, cleaning, etc. All in all, this product is great! And it's highly recommended in many health/juicing articles as well!
The previous reviews were not joking in claiming this machine is much quieter. No, it's not silent, but in comparison to many other machines, including the Juiceman, it's quiet. Not to mention, my other half was sound asleep and only 10' away without a stir. So yes, it's rather quiet.
Many pulp ejection/centrifugal juicers have troubles with leafy greens, and fresh herbs; even so that I had read in some blogs that this machine also struggled, but that is NOT the case. My first juice with this machine included one cup of fresh beet greens and one cup of fresh basil, and this machine chewed it up without issue, actually processing it, not just spitting it out fully intact like the other machines.
The clean up is nice and easy, about 10 min. The reality is that the clean-up is rather comparable to most pulp ejection juicers, BUT, this machine doesn't have any of those nuisance joints, cracks, or indents where the food is trapped like in other machines. And I very much like that the food chute is stainless steel to meet the blade bowl. The design of this product is very well thought out.
I am ecstatic to have the Juice Fountain Multi Speed as a part of my continued path to better health! Thank you Breville for a fabulous machine! It's worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, Nov. 3 2010
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
This is a great juicer. We've had it for about a month now and use it at least 2 to 3 times a week. Clean up is simple and easy as long as you clean the filter part immediately and take your time ensuring the filter is free of any pulp. The noise level is not bad either. About the same loudness as a good blender.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Juicer, Poor Warranty and Customer Service, July 10 2013
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
We bought our Juice Fountain a few months ago, and have been really enjoying it so far. The machine is fast, and effective. We have been able to enjoy all sorts of fruit and vegetable juices with this machine. We are very glad we went with Breville as opposed to a cheap juicer.

Our problem lies with the warranty and Breville's customer service.

The top cover to our juicer is broken after only a few months of use. We were assembling the machine, and when we clamped the lever arm into place on the cover, a large piece of plastic snapped right off the cover piece.

I immediately emailed Breville with a description and several photos. After 4 days, I received a canned response which did not answer a single one of my questions. I attempted to call to inquire today, and had to wait 2 hours for a callback with customer service.

When I did eventually get to speak to someone, the woman was incredibly smug and snarky, and spoke incredibly condescendingly.

TL;DR
I'm not getting a replacement part for my machine under warranty. Instead, I get to spend ANOTHER $50 to have the part shipped to me direct from Breville, on top of the couple hundred I've already spent on the machine. It's probably a good idea to purchase from a place like Future Shop or Best Buy and get their warranty/replacement plan instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaves wet pulp, Jan. 31 2014
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
I bought this juicer as I had heard a lot of good reviews and was looking to upgrade my Jack Lalanne due to a higher volume of juicing. My JL juicer is over a year old and has never had a blade replacement so the pulp was not as dry as when first bought. With that being said and my difficulty finding a replacement blade I decided to get the Breville. Now this juicer being brand new I would expect a dry pulp, which is not the case! I thought maybe I did something wrong even though I followed the recommended speed settings for different things, so I made a few more juices and still have the same result of very wet pulp. I get the same pulp results from my year old JL and brand new Breville. Something doesn't seem right there? The Breville works like a juicer should but with the results I'm getting I could have saved some money and went with another Jack Lalanne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid product., May 16 2013
K. Cook (East Coast Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
I did a lot of research before buying this juicer; I read many, many reviews and spec lists. I decided on this one because it was the best value in both quality and price. There were cheaper juicers, but they didn't have the power that this one has.

Once it arrived, my daughter and I set it up and started testing it. This machine is just quality.. the solidity of the body, -it even has a teflon-like (maybe even *is* Teflon?) no-stick coating under the main juicing area for ease of cleanup... and the metal fittings and rubberized edges here and there definitely speak of quality.

It assembles and comes apart very easily, no tricks to it.

It ran flawlessly as we juiced apples, oranges (without peels) berries, cucumbers, and carrots. Everything went through with almost no effort at all... even the carrots just required the slightest finger pressure on the feed-pusher thing.

I had never had a juicer before, but I quickly found out that you need to pop your hand over or get the feed stick thing over very quickly, or your cupboards will wear the over-spray lol.

We followed advice from other users, and had put a produce bag in the pulp container, it worked perfectly and held all the pulp.

The juice flowed well into the jug, and when we poured it out, the foam-separator did a good job, and our juice was wonderful.

Clean up was simple; all of the plastic parts rinsed perfectly clean under very hot water. (I have no dishwasher, so the clean up is a big deal to me) - the only thing that required scrubbing was the grindy-blade-filter cone that the fruit actually goes through. I used the included brush, and it only took a couple minutes to make sure that was spotless and rinsed clean.

Reassembly was a snap. Overall, the process from start to finish, even for a beginner juicer, was simple and interesting.

We are very pleased with this purchase.

I also advise, as I have seen other places, that you do as we did and clean it up immediately after using it; I wouldn't want to scrub that blade/mesh cone after the residue has started to dry. If you clean it all perfectly after every use, there would be no way it can build up or get gross.

Overall, I rated it 5 starts for quality, ease of use and cleanup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior Quality!, Feb. 5 2014
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
It does everything it says and easily. Every detail in this device is well thought, the plastic parts all seem durable and non sticky which makes it easy to just rinse without aid of soaps (don't want my fruit and vegetables to soak that in). Also pretty silent considering how powerful and fast this thing can spin. Amazing tool if you want to have a healthier lifestyle. I bought this on sale for CAD169 + tax. It's worth EVERY penny! I know I'll have this for a lifetime if I take proper care.
It was also delivered on the earliest day of expected delivery or it might have even been a day early. Great!

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid machine, Nov. 9 2013
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
I bought this juicer about 6 months ago after hemming and hawing about the idea of juicing and about what type to get. We eased into juicing, but now we juice about twice a day (breakfast and lunch) and this machine holds up well under that heavy use. I chose this model because of the power dial and I'm glad I did, because it is essential for getting the most from the produce. I really appreciate being able to dial the power down for soft fruit and up for harder items like sweet potatoes or carrots. Speaking of which - I juice a lot beta-carotene rich veg which has stained some of the plastic parts, but I think that's unavoidable.

As to filter cleanup, as others have noted it is essential to get on it as soon as you can after juicing to avoid making it hard work. Although, phone calls and such happen, but if you leave the filter in a bowl of warm water with a bit of detergent, it's still easy to clean when you come back in half an hour. The black brush that comes with the juicer is okay, but I replaced it with one that is rectangular rather than round because it has better coverage on the filter. I also bought a little Japanese plate (2") to catch drips from the nozzle during the clean-up process.

The book that comes with the machine is a pretty good guide, but I tossed it in a filing cabinet after juicing a few times and bought a juicing recipe book, which I also ignore now as I know what I like to put together for orange drinks and red drinks and green drinks. To share a tip, I've done some experimenting and I discovered that I get more juice when the fruit or veg is chilled, not too ripe, cut into smaller chunks AND when I dial the power back a little from the recommendations in the book. Also, the pulp doesn't have to be waste that goes in the food scraps bin! I do batches and keep certain types of pulp for cooking and baking and to cook up in the dog's food.

In the end, I'm happy with my purchase, and I'm glad I went with a centrifugal juicer over a masticating juicer simply because I value the speed of the process even if the masticating juicer might include a tiny bit more of the nutrients in the juice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Juicer, July 29 2013
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
I am new to juicing and I chose the Breville because of the uniformly good reviews. I have only had my juicer for two weeks but I am impressed. It is easy to take apart and put together and easy to use and clean up. The mesh basket is the worst but with the brush they supply it is not a problem. I always have a sink of hot soapy water ready when I take it apart and I do it right after juicing. I line the pulp basket with a produce bag and it saves some mess and fuss. I think the hardest veggies I have juiced are carrots and beets and they both zip through easily. In case anyone is wondering vegetable juices taste great. I use Cherie Calbom's books for ideas but am learning to concoct my own recipes with whatever I have on hand. I find her recipes easier than those in the Juice Bible as they are made with more down to earth veggies and not many unobtainable herbs. You lose some of the fibre obviously with juicing but you still get the soluble fibre and a salad and some steamed veggies corrects that. Juice is easily handled by your body and supplies 70% of the nutrition so it's health benefits are excellent. I have read some amazing accounts of serious illnesses being reversed through moving to a diet of veggie juicing and raw foods and in the interests of health I committed and do not regret it. Try it and your body will thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, May 1 2013
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
This juicer is well constructed, easy to use and clean. It performs well with most fruits vegetables. Sometimes the pulp is wetter than I would prefer which means that not all the juice is being extracted and it is not all that well suited for soft vegetables like spinach. It also looks good on the counter top. Overall quite satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brute Strength!, March 24 2013
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Ikon BJE510XL (Kitchen)
This juicer is great! It does an excellent job with hard veggies and fruits. The design is attractive and parts are durable. Clean up is a breeze. I use the super dry waste for our outdoor planters.

ARRAY(0xb368fac8)