5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Show!
Published on Sept. 5 2008 by Lisa Cole

3.0 out of 5 stars lacks basic options usually considered standard
I love this show (which totally gets 5 stars), but this is a rating of the product.

Published on Sept. 16 2007 by K. Mason

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Show!, Sept. 5 2008
Lisa Cole (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar The Last Airbender - The Complete Book 2 Collection (DVD)
I haven't been a kid for a looong time so I don't fall into the so-called target age group that Avatar is made for. But, I just love this show. Avatar Book 2 (and book 1) has plenty of appeal for adults. The characters are well written, there's a great mythology, political machinations, character growth, great villians and many poignant moments too. Avatar is also a beautiful show to look at.

I recomment Avatar the Last Airbender to any fan of fantasy television or books.

I can't wait to get my hands on Book 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars lacks basic options usually considered standard, Sept. 16 2007
K. Mason (Canada) - See all my reviews

The blatant lack of any form of closed captions disappoints me. One of the main reasons I purchased the box set was to watch it with my sister, who, being deaf, gets next to nothing out of cartoons without any subtitles. I don't own the first season but I read that it comes with closed captions, so why not this one?

That little rant aside, the set comes with a token interview and three bonus shorts, only one of which was previously released if memory serves. There's nothing to write home about though and I'm almost tempted to return the set in favor of my .avi files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series., April 14 2014
I said it already. I'm a grown adult, and yet Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my favorite series ever.

The series improve compared to Season 1, especially regarding the storyline. It's more structured, and the whole scope becomes much less episodic. The addition of new characters is partially responsible for that. Azula, Mai and TyLee add to the action and the fun alike, thanks to their incredible skills and humorous lines. They give the series more thrilling moments.

But the gem lies in Toph. Sokka was already a funny guy, but there was only so much he could do alone on that matter. Adding in Toph, a young, blind girl with a strong bend for slapstick humor allowed a different yet equally funny sort of humor to make its way into the series. She soon became my favorite character, for good reasons: she's hilarious!

The animation also improves from Season 1, making Season 2 an improving pleasure all around.

Better storyline, better animation, funnier lines, same spirit. Great show!

4.0 out of 5 stars An almost perfect DVD series, March 20 2011
If you've already bought season 1 of Avatar: The Last Airbender then I don't understand why you wouldn't get season 2. The second season of Avatar continues with Aang and his gang trying to find masters to teach him all four elements so he can defeat the evil fire lord.

This season of Avatar adds a ton of amazing and interesting characters to the already very colourful cast of characters. A new character joins the avatar gang and balances them out quite well and there is even more focus on the villainous characters by giving them more depth and personality.

Like the previous season box set, this box set also lacks a few box set features that normal ones do. Although there is a bonus disc that does cover more extra features, it still feels as if they could add more especially with the amazing world they've created. There is also no option to turn on subtitles which is needed for some people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 2, July 12 2010
Ever since I completed this series I knew that I would be purchasing it for rewatching purposes. This series has amazingly fleshed out characters with believable motivations who evolve believably throughout the series, is brilliant and introducing natural moments of humor and most importantly has continuity that builds on itself and really sets this universe apart even among other well written shows (comparably in my mind to Terry Pratchett's Discworld.)

The second book sees the introduction or development of some interesting new characters (Azula, Ty Lee, Mai, Toph etc) as well as adding nuances to Aang, Katara, Sokka and Zuko. The plot unfolds naturally in a way that makes sense, paving the way for what happens in Book 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top knotch. And comes with spanish and french dubbing., Nov. 22 2012
What can I say? It's a great product, the story, the character development, all these series talk about zen philosophy, add some yoga stuff, and on top of that, shows some kung-fu moves from 4 different styles, including tai-chi and shaolin. For these set of dvds I{ 'm glad they included Spanish and French audio tracks for most of the stuff that''s in the dvd. They didn''t add the tracks to the shorts this collection has and for the rest of the special features, that's bad. But everything else, just great.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING, April 16 2013
I watched this series when it was airing live on TV a few years ago and I loved it so much. I was very sad when it ended so to have the show on DVD is awesome. Now I can get my avatar fix anytime.

Season two is great, we hang out a lot with Toph - an earthbender and Aang's teacher. We get to see inside of the earth kingdom and meet some hilarious new characters along the way. Of course there's drama and action and very funny scenes. Season two does this AMAZING series justice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Avatar The Last Airbender - The Complete Book 2 DVD, Sept. 25 2011
This series is absolutely wonderful. We have purchased the animated collection of the three Avatar The Last Airbender seies THE COMPLETE BOOK 1 WATER: THE COMPLETE BOOK 2 EARTH and THE COMPLETE BOOK 3 FIRE on DVD's. We borrowed our grandson's series and loved it so much we purchased our set. We strongly recommend them to everyone. Age doesn't matter. The series has lessons each one of us can lear.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Experience For The Whole Famil, Nov. 3 2014
Avatar The Last Airbender is a classic of animation, and one of the best children's animations ever made. The show is action packed, entertaining, colorful and has engaging and dynamics characters. I strongly recommended this series for entire families as I think there's something for people of every age here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 16 2014
Everything is perfect except for one physical thing. Some dvd are already scratch. I had them exchange pretty fast (best customer service in the world Amazon ;) ). Take the time to examine the cd's and test it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›