5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Show!
Published on Sept. 5 2008 by Lisa Cole

3.0 out of 5 stars lacks basic options usually considered standard
I love this show (which totally gets 5 stars), but this is a rating of the product.

Published on Sept. 16 2007 by K. Mason

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Show!, Sept. 5 2008
Lisa Cole (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avatar The Last Airbender - The Complete Book 2 Collection (DVD)
I haven't been a kid for a looong time so I don't fall into the so-called target age group that Avatar is made for. But, I just love this show. Avatar Book 2 (and book 1) has plenty of appeal for adults. The characters are well written, there's a great mythology, political machinations, character growth, great villians and many poignant moments too. Avatar is also a beautiful show to look at.

I recomment Avatar the Last Airbender to any fan of fantasy television or books.

I can't wait to get my hands on Book 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars lacks basic options usually considered standard, Sept. 16 2007
K. Mason (Canada) - See all my reviews

The blatant lack of any form of closed captions disappoints me. One of the main reasons I purchased the box set was to watch it with my sister, who, being deaf, gets next to nothing out of cartoons without any subtitles. I don't own the first season but I read that it comes with closed captions, so why not this one?

That little rant aside, the set comes with a token interview and three bonus shorts, only one of which was previously released if memory serves. There's nothing to write home about though and I'm almost tempted to return the set in favor of my .avi files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 2, July 12 2010
Ever since I completed this series I knew that I would be purchasing it for rewatching purposes. This series has amazingly fleshed out characters with believable motivations who evolve believably throughout the series, is brilliant and introducing natural moments of humor and most importantly has continuity that builds on itself and really sets this universe apart even among other well written shows (comparably in my mind to Terry Pratchett's Discworld.)

The second book sees the introduction or development of some interesting new characters (Azula, Ty Lee, Mai, Toph etc) as well as adding nuances to Aang, Katara, Sokka and Zuko. The plot unfolds naturally in a way that makes sense, paving the way for what happens in Book 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Experience For The Whole Famil, Nov. 3 2014
Avatar The Last Airbender is a classic of animation, and one of the best children's animations ever made. The show is action packed, entertaining, colorful and has engaging and dynamics characters. I strongly recommended this series for entire families as I think there's something for people of every age here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 16 2014
Everything is perfect except for one physical thing. Some dvd are already scratch. I had them exchange pretty fast (best customer service in the world Amazon ;) ). Take the time to examine the cd's and test it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series., April 14 2014
I said it already. I'm a grown adult, and yet Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my favorite series ever.

The series improve compared to Season 1, especially regarding the storyline. It's more structured, and the whole scope becomes much less episodic. The addition of new characters is partially responsible for that. Azula, Mai and TyLee add to the action and the fun alike, thanks to their incredible skills and humorous lines. They give the series more thrilling moments.

But the gem lies in Toph. Sokka was already a funny guy, but there was only so much he could do alone on that matter. Adding in Toph, a young, blind girl with a strong bend for slapstick humor allowed a different yet equally funny sort of humor to make its way into the series. She soon became my favorite character, for good reasons: she's hilarious!

The animation also improves from Season 1, making Season 2 an improving pleasure all around.

Better storyline, better animation, funnier lines, same spirit. Great show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Feb. 14 2014
I love the avatar series! Good mix of humour and seriousness. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars gift for sister, Nov. 13 2013
great price i love this series. i bought them all as a bundle so it's all good in the hood

5.0 out of 5 stars awwwesome show, Oct. 10 2013
i love the series its defiantly one of my top favorite shows when all three of them came in we couldnt stop watching them

5.0 out of 5 stars Already Seen it, May 13 2013
Just wanted to add this to our collection. Already saw all three books of the Last Airbender. An amazing show!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›