4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas classics
Published on Dec 25 2011 by Sparkle

3.0 out of 5 stars The Chritmas Classics Gift set
Love Rudolf, love Frosty, the other movies, not so much. I had never even seen the others...ever! A Christmas Cricket? Really? Probably be better to purchase the ones you want individually, not worth the price.
Published on May 13 2011 by Andie R

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas classics, Dec 25 2011
Sparkle - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
I couldn't figure out which box set to buy; there's this one "The Original Christmas Classics" and another "Classic Christmas Favourites." So I bought both. I saved a lot buying them off Amazon, at least $20, even including shipping costs, and amazon had them to my door within a few days. I can't say enough good things about amazon, I'm truly amazed at their speed of delivery and customer service.

To save you the confusion I went through regarding which box set to buy:

This one has:
Santa Claus is Coming To Town (Rankin Bass)
Frosty the Snowman
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (Rankin Bass)
The Little Drummer Boy (Rankin Bass)
Cricket on the Hearth (Rankin Bass)
Frosty Returns
Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
and a CD of classic Christmas music (nice extra)

Classic Christmas Favourites has:
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (as well as The Leprechaun's Christmas Carol; Pinocchio's Christmas; The Stingiest Man in the World)
The Year Without a Santa Clause Deluxe Edition (as well as Rudolph's Shiny New Year; Nestor, The Long Eared Christmas Donkey) - Rankin Bass
Frosty's Winter Wonderland (and Twas the Night Before Christmas)- Rankin Bass
Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July

Neither of these box sets have Jack Frost, you have to buy it separately.

I wish this was one combined set, including Jack Frost. If you want Jack Frost, it's pretty cheap off amazon, less than $10.

If you watched these as a kid, you will still love them as an adult, they fill you with nostalgia and Christmas spirit, really fun to watch during the season, even better if you have kids, nieces or nephews to introduce these to.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Many Classics AND a CD?!, Dec 18 2010
Lishi (BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
This is a must have for the holidays! All of my childhood favourites (and some I'd never seen!) are in this boxed set, and the surprise of a holiday cd was really the icing on the cake. The cd contains music from these movies, including some of my personal favourites such as "Silver and Gold" and "Holly Jolly Christmas." The price is a wicked deal, too. There's no point in buying them separately!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these old classics, Jan. 14 2012
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
The sound was off, but I still love these old classics! Some of them I hadn't even heard of before so it was nice to watch those as well. My nieces and nephews loved visiting me this Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Dec 11 2010
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
These shows should be in everyones Christmas collection. Along with the Grinch and Charlie Brown Christmas, these shows are on my must watch list every year. I found the quality to be as good if not better then on TV except without the comercials. Can not be happier with this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly As I Remember, Nov. 21 2012
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
These are amazing quality and are the exact movies as I remember as a kid. :) The CD is a nice addition. I also really love how the case can lightly close, and if you want to officially close it, all you have to do is let it lightly click together. I really like the packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip Down Memory Lane, Nov. 6 2012
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
Highly recommend it...it takes you back to your childhood!!

The picture quality is excellent and you never tire of any of them...a must have for those who collect classics!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes you down memory lane..., Sept. 10 2013
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
This excellent Christmas Classic gift set is packed full of wonderful memories for me as I recalled watching these with my own kids year after year. Even as they got older it became an annual event for us which we always looked forward to. Now my grandkids get to enjoy them too and they loved it! We are already planning the get-together for this Christmas to watch all our favourites again.

A great bargain filled with lots of Christmas fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Classics, Jan. 18 2010
Fizal McDoom (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
This collection captures the warmth and cozy feeling of the Christmas season. Definitely an asset in anyone's collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars great service, Dec 6 2011
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
was here before it said it would be and in perfect condition. no issues to speak of and would buy from seller again

5.0 out of 5 stars All my favourties!, Sept. 13 2013
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
What a way to bring back childhood memories!
I have always loved these movies, and it makes me very happy to know that I now own them.
I also bought one for each of my ssters, and one for my nephew.
One out of 4 of the cases were damaged- the plastic inside was cracked and the DVD wont stay on, but the quality of the movies is great and that's all that matters!

Original Christmas Classics Gift Set
Original Christmas Classics Gift Set by Takeya Nakamura (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 34.95