4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas classics
Published on Dec 25 2011 by Sparkle

3.0 out of 5 stars The Christmas Classics Gift Set
I bought this product so that I can watch it during Christmas and get into the holiday spirit. The extra CD with songs is quite short and all the songs are of older versions of the holiday classics. The movies themselves are old and the quality is OK. I would only recommend this product for people who had watched the movies before and enjoy them. For people looking for...
Published on Jan. 23 2012 by J. Vu

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas classics, Dec 25 2011
Sparkle - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
I couldn't figure out which box set to buy; there's this one "The Original Christmas Classics" and another "Classic Christmas Favourites." So I bought both. I saved a lot buying them off Amazon, at least $20, even including shipping costs, and amazon had them to my door within a few days. I can't say enough good things about amazon, I'm truly amazed at their speed of delivery and customer service.

To save you the confusion I went through regarding which box set to buy:

This one has:
Santa Claus is Coming To Town (Rankin Bass)
Frosty the Snowman
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (Rankin Bass)
The Little Drummer Boy (Rankin Bass)
Cricket on the Hearth (Rankin Bass)
Frosty Returns
Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
and a CD of classic Christmas music (nice extra)

Classic Christmas Favourites has:
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (as well as The Leprechaun's Christmas Carol; Pinocchio's Christmas; The Stingiest Man in the World)
The Year Without a Santa Clause Deluxe Edition (as well as Rudolph's Shiny New Year; Nestor, The Long Eared Christmas Donkey) - Rankin Bass
Frosty's Winter Wonderland (and Twas the Night Before Christmas)- Rankin Bass
Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July

Neither of these box sets have Jack Frost, you have to buy it separately.

I wish this was one combined set, including Jack Frost. If you want Jack Frost, it's pretty cheap off amazon, less than $10.

If you watched these as a kid, you will still love them as an adult, they fill you with nostalgia and Christmas spirit, really fun to watch during the season, even better if you have kids, nieces or nephews to introduce these to.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Many Classics AND a CD?!, Dec 18 2010
Lishi (BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
This is a must have for the holidays! All of my childhood favourites (and some I'd never seen!) are in this boxed set, and the surprise of a holiday cd was really the icing on the cake. The cd contains music from these movies, including some of my personal favourites such as "Silver and Gold" and "Holly Jolly Christmas." The price is a wicked deal, too. There's no point in buying them separately!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these old classics, Jan. 14 2012
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
The sound was off, but I still love these old classics! Some of them I hadn't even heard of before so it was nice to watch those as well. My nieces and nephews loved visiting me this Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Dec 11 2010
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
These shows should be in everyones Christmas collection. Along with the Grinch and Charlie Brown Christmas, these shows are on my must watch list every year. I found the quality to be as good if not better then on TV except without the comercials. Can not be happier with this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly As I Remember, Nov. 21 2012
BuyerBuyer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
These are amazing quality and are the exact movies as I remember as a kid. :) The CD is a nice addition. I also really love how the case can lightly close, and if you want to officially close it, all you have to do is let it lightly click together. I really like the packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip Down Memory Lane, Nov. 6 2012
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
Highly recommend it...it takes you back to your childhood!!

The picture quality is excellent and you never tire of any of them...a must have for those who collect classics!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great service, Dec 6 2011
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
was here before it said it would be and in perfect condition. no issues to speak of and would buy from seller again

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Classics, Jan. 18 2010
Fizal McDoom (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
This collection captures the warmth and cozy feeling of the Christmas season. Definitely an asset in anyone's collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, Jan. 13 2011
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
Great value for the money, almost as cheap as the individual DVDs. Contains all the usual holiday favourites. High quailty imaging. Why wait for the special to come on TV when you can watch it now? Also enjoyed the bonus CD with holiday music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Memories!, Feb. 24 2009
Sandy Gaidola "Sandola" (Ancaster, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Original Christmas Classics Gift Set (DVD)
I found that this product brought back so many memories as a child, that I had to get this. I am so happy that I bought this video collection. I will watch it every Christmas for years to come, along side with my future children. Overall, the quality of the videos were great; the one tiny thing I found that I wasn't too thrilled about, was the fact that at least one of the movies (Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer), the character's mouths weren't moving the same time as the voicing/audio. I don't know if that's still an issue that you are trying to resolve, but nonetheless, it's not bothering me that much. If you do decide to replace it, I will not have a problem with it. Customer service is priority in delivery great products. I'm hoping there will be more great products like this to come in the future. Thanks so much!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Original Christmas Classics Gift Set
Original Christmas Classics Gift Set by Takeya Nakamura (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 34.95 CDN$ 25.99