Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star).Show all reviews
on December 31, 2010
As soon as I received this speaker set and plugged it to the wall, I could hear a hum coming out from the subwoofer. Upon closer inspection, it was a buzzing noise from the power circuitry resonating inside the subwoofer. The only way that I found to suppress the hum was to unplug the subwoofer from its power source. I even tried different surge suppressors to eliminate a possible issue with power not being clean, but the hum persisted and sounded the same, very annoying tone that bothered anyone in the same room as the computer.

No reviews on the Canadian Amazon website seem to mention this problem, which is why I bought this unit (very positive reviews). When I noticed the issue for myself and used Google, I found out that the Amazon UK website had plenty of users having the same issue as me, so I returned the speakers to Amazon for a refund.

The volume knob is also cheaply built, as it can easily come off its axis and also grinds against the edge below the knob when pressed, but that is a minor detail, as the price was **very** affordable and I would've kept this speaker set if the subwoofer was not humming.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2012
This may be a good speaker system, but I could not find out because on opening it up, I was overwhelmed by the smell of plastic. It gave me immediate dizziness and I had to bundle it up quickly and remove it from my office. I went to the post office next day and mailed it back. It is made of a toxic plastic, which is a shame, because there are many kinds of plastic that do not out-gas badly.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse