5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin USB 7 port mobile Hub.
This is a great little hub, I have seen reviews where people had problems with it. I didn't need a hub to travel with, just one on my desktop that didn't take up much space. This hub works without any issues, and it's powered which is great. If you are looking for an inexpensive 7 port hub, then this will do nicely!
Published on April 24 2012 by Joel Andrews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended
I bought this USB hub to attach to a KVM switch to allow switching of several devices between computers. (Keyboard uses 2 usb slots so mouse and keyboard already were too much for the KVM's 2 ports)

Published 21 months ago by Keaney

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, Jan. 5 2013
This review is from: Belkin High-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Mobile Hub (Personal Computers)

First thing I noticed is how flimsy the hub felt. Plastic casing has a "barely held together" feeling, if that makes sense. Would not expect it to hold up to any rough handling.

Even with power adapter plugged in to ensure no devices were underpowered, there are several issues:
Plugged in to the KVM, 3 out of the 7 ports work at the best of times with low power devices like keyboard and mouse. Attaching even USB sticks is hopeless. There is mangling of signals happening, with presses on keyboard/mouse not registering or being being repeated constantly.

Not plugged into the KVM, there are still issues. External, self-powered hard drives and other heavier power usage devices fail to even be detected. This is slightly ridiculous, considering both the usb device and hub are self-powered. No signal going through at all?

Device tends to elicit "Unknown device" error messages on Windows 7 when switched to through KVM.

Results from lsusb show that this hub is two Genesys Logic 4-port usb hubs ganged together.
ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB x2

Rated 2-stars instead of 1 because this still can be used, in direct connection to computer, with medium-low power devices. For this price though, you might as well buy a more reliable 4-port powered usb hub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin USB 7 port mobile Hub., April 24 2012
Joel Andrews - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hooked it up as soon as I received to find ..., Sept. 25 2014
Hooked it up as soon as I received it to find that only 3 of the 7 ports worked. Had my doubts about it as soon as I took it out of the packaging and the plastic case that the the hub is made out of felt as thin as 1-ply toilet paper. Doubts were confirmed when I plugged 3 USB drives in and only 1 showed appeared. Had to do a trial and error approach to find the other 2 out of 7 working hubs. On the flipside, if you're a fan of Russian roulette, this is the 7-port USB hub for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, May 19 2014
Apple recommended USB port that is compact and independently powered. Exactly what I needed for all my devices. Good bang for the buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB PORTS GALORE!, March 17 2013
What a wonderful product and so practical. I am glad to not have so many wires hooked up. This does the job!

4.0 out of 5 stars USB HUB, Feb. 20 2013
Great product still working great with no problems what so ever. I use it on my desktop computer and am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, Dec 7 2012
the hub is fast, easy to install and most of all the 8 ports are handy. the transfer rate on this thing is amazing.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a cheap fix, Sept. 17 2012
Runs well and does what it says. The one issue I have is that I have to unplug and plug back in if I introduce a new usb line. Could be a software issue but I unlikely. Good for powering and charging devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars dock your netbook, Nov. 29 2011
Fran C (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This makes a good "docking station" for my eeePC. I have a disc drive, keyboard/mouse dongle, printer, and 2 flash drives plugged into it. All I have to do is detach it, the power cord, and monitor, and my netbook is portable. There is still room to plug in my MP3 player and my camera when I want.

Belkin High-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Mobile Hub