4.0 out of 5 stars Product packaging is the only downside
Published on July 15 2011 by Nostalgia Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars great yet un-worth
the product and price are great but because if the way they pack it almost all of the disks are scratched. You can't watch it , you will have to return it :'(
Published on July 13 2012 by jamroa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Product packaging is the only downside, July 15 2011
Nostalgia Guy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set) (DVD)
I never watched MacGyver when it was originally aired, so my purchase of the complete series was based on my '60s-'90s nostalgic streak... that, and the excellent one day price for the set ($50.39 including GST). I've watched the pilot and several other episodes and I can see the attraction that the show had in its day. Simple formulaic episodes are carried by a clever gimmick, the appealing character portrayed by Richard Dean Anderson and the non-lethal results of the character's improvisations. So the series is fun and innocent, albeit not very deep.

My issue is with the packaging. The accordian style cardboard sleeves are slotted to hold the discs, but within the slots there is no protection against scratching during transport. The slot edges are rough and the discs vibrate and move about. My Disc 1 was scratched and unplayable on all of my players (DVD, Blu-ray, three laptops). Fortunately, the CD/DVD repair & cleaner kit that I purchased seems to have fixed the problem.

So be aware that the packaging is not the best. However if my situation is typical, an inexpensive CD/DVD repair & cleaner kit will help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Feb. 6 2009
This review is from: MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set) (DVD)
I LOVE Macgyver! Sure, some of the stuff he does is a bit preposterous, but that's why we watch. Great escapism, 139 episodes of action adventure. When Macgyver first aired, I wouldn't watch it - sounded too much like a macho guy show. Boredom forced me to watch it one evening many years ago, and I became an instant fan. I missed a lot of the first couple of years, so I am glad to be able to go back and watch them all.

4.0 out of 5 stars MacGyver The Complete Series, Aug. 29 2010
This review is from: MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set) (DVD)
This has been an interesting find; our family often gets teased about the MacGyver program because of our name "McIver".
I really didn't watch the program when it originally aired, so this set is interesting, funny, and great to watch.
We really enjoy the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big mistake, June 16 2010
Avid Reader (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set) (DVD)
I bought this for my husband, at his request. Big mistake. He wants to watch it all the time. So that heroic MacGyver theme song resonates through the entire house. He loves it. LOVES IT! And I have to admit that is kinda stands the test of time in an odd way. Many episodes are bad, but so bad you have to love it at the same time as you groan at it. The acting is cheesy, the "love interests" are hilarious, and the inventiveness is super fun. Very clean entertainment as MacGyver is such a good guy. I am kind of surprised there is not a modern day remake. I am a little sick of it myself, but my husband gets a BIG kick out of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set, July 15 2011
Coral Durkin - See all my reviews
This review is from: MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set) (DVD)
Nice to have box sets of a series like this, just wish that the disks didn't sit in cardboard. Careful when taking out and putting back the disks that you don't scratch them too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's as good as it was the first time, July 15 2011
This review is from: MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set) (DVD)
I am very happy to have made this purchase. It does take a long time to get though this set, but it is well worth it. By watching the whole set, you see how the charactors develop.
Do yourself a favour and pick this up. Might as well get some duct tape while you are out.

3.0 out of 5 stars great yet un-worth, July 13 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Nov. 23 2009
M. Andrieu "MMAY" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
I like it very much. It's like in my childhood (good old times). The only thing is that there's no subtitle and only english language.
But it's a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Loved the Series, so I Bought it!, Sept. 13 2014
Exactly what they described
Minus Missing Episodes in Later Seasons.
It's most likely the result of the government banning some episodes from being
shown/sold in North America due to their content & the times we live in.
It's true, you can read about on the web from reputable sources
Not the fault of the Seller.
Exactly what they promised
Exactly why I bought it from them
I'm very satisfied!
More than enough reasons!

5.0 out of 5 stars MacGyver memories, July 15 2011
This review is from: MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set) (DVD)
Good series as expected for TV of the days. The complete series was delivered in a excellent time and fashion. Well packaged. The whole transaction was flawless as again expected.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set)
MacGyver: The Complete Series (39 Disc Set) by Richard Dean Anderson (DVD - 2007)
CDN$ 119.99