summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on December 16, 2014
the digital transfer is horrible for a blu ray. I'm sure there are better edition of this great movie.
on November 7, 2014
no video on dvd there a scam
on February 8, 2009
This version sucks. The original version is good and the new final cut even better as it has missing scenes included. I like the narration as it was in the original, I dont care what ridley scott or ford thought. I do like the original ending as well. I had to give it one star as I have to give it something. The price is waay to high as usual. Amazon chooses to rake canadians over the coals over the prices and not make the prices closer as our dollar is strong. I go to the U.S. site as even with the exchange it ends up cheaper. Nice, thats why I get most of my movies from columbia house, they dont shaft canadians as much. Anyways in ending buy another copy for a little more and you get all versions that way whichever version you like you have for sure and the others for show.
on January 5, 2008
I would like to know how a guy from BC orders from amazon.com, the site doesn't allow shipments to Canada so I have no choice but to shop elsewhere or Amazon.ca and pay more.
on December 20, 2007
Why on earth would someone pay $7 more to get it from Amazon.ca over Amazon.com? Group a couple of discs, save on shipping, and Amazon.com is a much better deal.
on November 14, 2004
This has to be the worst movie I ever watched... or sorry, I should say worst movie I've ever attempted to watch. I don't understand how people love this movie. It's boring and stupid. Also the acting is terrible. Harrison Ford at his worst!!!
on July 14, 2004
Compared to the original version the Director's Cut is awful. Background narration has been removed; the ending has been changed. Don't waste your money.
on July 5, 2004
Ridley Scott is more into visuals than dialog and plot. This much he has admitted in counless interviews.
By removing the narration, he leaves the viewer with a lot of pretty pictures and not much else.
Even worse, we don't even have the option of buying the original (and superior) version.
Bad enough that this adaptation bears little to no resemblance the the Phillip K. Dick novel (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) it proports to be based on. At least the original was an entertaining film by it's own rights. Now it lacks any narrative flow or explanation. What a waste.
on July 2, 2004
The director's cut doesn't even compare to the theatrical version; it lacks everything that made this move great! Wait for the original version to be released and save your money. If I could give you my Directors cut, I would. It's going in the trash when the theatrical version is released.
on June 25, 2004
Give us a break! You can see any film several times over and read more into it than really exist. Maybe the theater release version of "Blade Runner" might not have been the original story that Ridley Scott wanted but what movie is?
So many people are claiming that Deckard (Harrison Ford) is a replicant. Well, if you want to rewrite the story then be my guest. Considering that Tyrell, who created these replicants, pointed out to Deckard that: "Rachael is an experiment. Nothing more."
Now, how can Deckard not know that he is not a replicant if he was around way before Rachael even existed? You are making Deckard a very far advance replicant compare to the others including Rachael.
I am watching the DVD version of Blade Runner at the same time I am typing this letter. Memories are the main factor here. The previous versions of replicant do not have memories of their childhood like Deckard does. Rachael is an experiment. She the first replicant to have memories! Now, why would Tyrell, knowing that Deckard is an replicant lie about Rachael? Tyrell didn't lie to Roy right before Roy killed him so why would Tyrell lie to Deckard?
I don't want to remove the uncut version I would just like to see the original be release on DVD.