5.0 out of 5 stars Charming and intelligent
Published on July 15 2004 by goliath8888

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Young for This?
Published on July 19 2004 by Melissa McCauley

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming and intelligent, July 15 2004
goliath8888 "goliath8888" (Leawood, Kansas United States) - See all my reviews
While I am nowhere near a 50 something, and closer to a 30 something, I can still appreciate an intelligent romantic comedy with a convincing and witty cast. I love Diane Keaton's character, especially with her quirky hang-ups (no pun.) Humor, charm, intellect and vulnerability ring true for both her and Nicholson, to whom before this movie, I was not a huge fan. It inspires us all to develop our skills and talents and to never give up on finding our soul mate, regardless of how late in life he/she might arrive. It was precious in some parts, and soulful in others. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

4.0 out of 5 stars equal parts comedy/romance/drama, Feb. 1 2008
This review is from: Something's Gotta Give (Bilingual) (DVD)
for once,we have a comedy/romance/drama that actually contains all
three elements in pretty equal measure.the main cast are all very good
in this one,as are the supporting players.i found the movie
heartwarming and touching,without being maudlin.the comedy bits are
handled well as are the dramatic and romantic moments.the movie is
dramatic without being melodramatic.the romantic moments are tender,but
not overdone.the comics moments are funny without being silly.the laugh
are honest in this movie.i felt the dialogue was sharp and witty,and
the story overall is written well.this is what might be considered a
"chick flick",but i'm a guy and i liked it.for me Something's Gotta
Give is a 4/5

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Young for This?, July 19 2004
Melissa McCauley (North Little Rock, AR) - See all my reviews
Perhaps at 34 I am too young to 'get' this movie. I was hoping for a great romantic comedy, but found this one fell flat. Not even in the same universe as As Good as It Gets. After Jack Nicholson's character is stranded at Diane Keaton's house, I just lost interest. I didn't think he was anyone's dream man, and their love scene was frankly more than a little embarrassing. And the ending! Let's just say I find it very hard to believe a 60-something leopard would change his spots.

5.0 out of 5 stars something's gotta give, May 31 2014
This review is from: Something's Gotta Give (Bilingual) (DVD)
we like to actors in this movie, they have good chemistry. we will recommend this movie to our mature friends anytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars This movie was fantastic!, Sept. 15 2013
This review is from: Something's Gotta Give (Bilingual) (DVD)
This movie was fantastic. Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson really make the movie worth buying and having it in the house to watch on a rainy day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to find elsewhere, June 2 2013
My wife and I had been passively looking for this video for a long while. Great that I was able to find it on Amazon.ca. It was shipped on time and the video is priced well.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love it, March 12 2013
This review is from: Something's Gotta Give (Bilingual) (DVD)
I like this produck because I received it in very good condition and it work well.The disk did have any schratch or delema. Comparing to other provider this was with no hesitarion the best. This product meet my expectation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great rip off movie, July 14 2004
Thomas P. Frieze (Kansas City) - See all my reviews
Hey all I am 24 years old. I liked this movie alot. I was very sweet. But, I noticed one thing strange that I did not like about this movie. The whole time I was watching (this is the only reason it is not a five star movie) the movie I keep thinking where is Helen Hunt. Then I had to remind myself this is not "As Good As It Gets". Also an excellent movie. The movie just mimiced "As Good As It Get". Weird rich guy, falls in love with woman. Woman finally falls in love with rich guy. Nicholson was awesome as usuall. I do how ever recommend that you see the movie. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicholson at his best, July 14 2004
Classic Nicholson! Great flick. Even my husband loved it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest, July 14 2004
By A Customer
I was surprised that this movie was recommended to me. It had moments of humor, but all in all I was left feeling disappointed. Not to mention that I felt embarassed watching this with my mother since there's full on frontal nudity--and it ain't pretty! It was also totally unnecessary, which just left me wondering WHY??
The story was okay, but I had a hard time believing the characters motives. Why are these people becoming couples? It didn't seem real and the writers/director didn't seem to care.

Something's Gotta Give (Bilingual)
Something's Gotta Give (Bilingual) by Nancy Meyers (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 9.99