summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout All-New Kindle Pets sports Tools Family

Size: Medium Tension|Change

on August 3, 2013
I bought this to strengthen my fingers and improve my dexterity on the cello, guitar and flute; I have been playing music for 15 years or so but my finger strength has always been a problem with technically intricate passages involving the ring and pinky. The medium tension model was definitely harder than I expected—my ring and pinky fingers struggle with it! I probably should have started off on a light tension model. (Of course, that's my fault, not the product's fault!)

This product is a little large for my hands. For some exercises, it outright slips out of my hand if I'm not very careful about how I hold it. I think the ridge at one end on the non-Pro models would make it a bit more usable...
on August 19, 2011
This is the best $20 I've ever spent. It is the best hand exerciser design I've seen yet. It also works as a stress-reliever, which is certainly useful at work.
on March 10, 2014
i'm a programmer; on the keyboard all day and night. my hands and fingers get sore by the end of day to a point where i can't grip weights at the gym or type any more (until the next morning). holding a kitchen knife became difficult too.

after using this for a week, the soreness went away and my grip got much stronger.

disclaimer: your milage may vary. i have not consulted a doctor. I stretch, run, ski and exercise regularly.
on January 21, 2011
It is what i expected... if you were wondering all the springs are at the same tention.Good product solid design.
on June 8, 2016
I love this thing. I don't use it nearly as often as I should but honestly I'd rate as much fun to use as my favourite beat-up gel stressball. It helps get the frustration out very well - but don't overdo it or you'll get muscle cramps in your fingers, an interesting feeling I must say. I've had a thousand calluses / calli, torn skin, and over-extended muscles that spasmed, but a muscle cramp in my fingers? That's a first, and I gotta say, that's impressive to me because I've worked with my hands all my life and never experienced that. I never realised how weak my last two digits were until I started using this tool.
on May 28, 2016
Bought the Pro Hand since I'm always at my desk at work and to see if it would help alleviate some of the discomfort that came back from an old wrist/forearm injury. It did make a difference in strength/relief like any other grip but where it excelled was finger training. I also bought this because I play guitar and it's working great for my fretting hand so far; fingers haven't been getting tired as often/less discomfort.

Don't forget to check out the exercises on their site @ (...)
review image
on September 5, 2015
Bought this to strengthen my grip for Brazilian jiu-jitsu. It is well designed and a good buy, but the resistance is lighter than expected. If you want this for judo or jiu-jitsu and have trained for at least a year, you should probably get a heavier resistance.
on January 28, 2016
Works great. I leave this by my computer, so I can perform grip exercises while watching youtube videos. The extra heavy tension is still a bit much for my pinky fingers for repeated exercise. Though I intend to change that. Great product. Would buy again.
on January 28, 2016
Ahhhhh I have this and a lighter one. It is great just for relieving stress while watching TV. It works as you think it would and it has helped my wrists and forearms get stronger for hockey!
on June 5, 2016
Well designed and robust enough product to be used regularly. I have purchased the entire Pro line of the Prohands, and have bought them again to give as gifts. Well done Gripmaster!