5.0 out of 5 stars Why all the fuss!!!, Nov. 18 2012
D. Thompson - See all my reviews
This review is from: DEWALT DWPVTHLD Pivoting Bit Tip Holder with Ring (Tools & Hardware)
Really people, please ignore the previous reviews for this product, I just bought this item recently and I can say one thing, it does the job and does it well. As for the bit that takes effort to pull out, boo hoo, its not that hard, yes you can't grip it with bare hands, its meant to stay in and not come out easily, but honestly pliers make it a joke and those who say they had trouble even then getting it out must have no upper body strength, hell i can get it out with rubber gloves. If you buy this product do not remove the ring inside, you will find yourself with ruined bits much faster if not secured in the way it was designed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it is supposed to do., Dec 8 2013
Let me start with this: I'm a 50+ y/o handywoman with a bit of arthritis in my joints, incl. my fingers. Removing the bits from this pivoting bit holder is a bit of a challenge for me, but it can be done. Yes, I have to use pliers to do it but, so what? At least the bits are held (very) securely in place, so I can do the work knowing they will stay put, until I need to change them.

When I first bought this bit holder at my local HD, I thought it was defective as I could not just pull the bit out of it like I do with the non-impact cordless. A simple Google search proved I was not the only one thinking this was a defect when, in fact, it is not. Impact or impact-ready says it all: the bits are held much more securely than in the non-impact tools.

Now, onto the performance of this holder: it does what it's supposed to do - straight or pivot mode, and it comes particularly handy (to me) when I have to reset an electrical box that was mounted not flush with the stud. The only thing (besides the "tight grip") is the pivot tends to snap just a little too easily back to the straight mode, while I use the tool in the pivot mode. Other than that, it works, so I'm giving it 5 stars. I don't mind changing the bits with a pair of pliers.

ARRAY(0xb48e79fc)