5.0 out of 5 stars Why all the fuss!!!, Nov. 18 2012
D. Thompson - See all my reviews
This review is from: DEWALT DWPVTHLD Pivoting Bit Tip Holder with Ring (Tools & Hardware)
Really people, please ignore the previous reviews for this product, I just bought this item recently and I can say one thing, it does the job and does it well. As for the bit that takes effort to pull out, boo hoo, its not that hard, yes you can't grip it with bare hands, its meant to stay in and not come out easily, but honestly pliers make it a joke and those who say they had trouble even then getting it out must have no upper body strength, hell i can get it out with rubber gloves. If you buy this product do not remove the ring inside, you will find yourself with ruined bits much faster if not secured in the way it was designed.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast shipping, July 8 2014
good quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds bit in place, June 23 2014
This bit holder is used more by myself to hold the bits in place as opposed to using the angle feature. I was constantly losing the small bits as they would separate from the other style holder. Good tool especially for decking or other inverted work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this thing, June 9 2014
A. Holder - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Arrived in a timely manner and is exactly as described. Easy to use (pay attention to the picture showing the use of pliers) and a handy and safe time saver. I'd buy it again and recommend it to both hobbyist and professional. Great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to own, May 21 2014
Nice tool to own, works fantastic as a bit holder and grabs those short bit excellent (to all those complaining about being too hard to remove bits.....ditto..... mine is hard to remove but I can do it with bare hands ie wiggle,, and as far as I'm concerned not leaving the bit in every second screw is what i was looking for.... I can finally use up all those short bits) As for the pivoting head... nice feature but not practicle for everyday use..... does come in handy on those few occasions you need to remove a hard to reach screw but for the most part I use mine as a straight drive bit holder so I can use those short dewalt bits

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it is supposed to do., Dec 8 2013
Let me start with this: I'm a 50+ y/o handywoman with a bit of arthritis in my joints, incl. my fingers. Removing the bits from this pivoting bit holder is a bit of a challenge for me, but it can be done. Yes, I have to use pliers to do it but, so what? At least the bits are held (very) securely in place, so I can do the work knowing they will stay put, until I need to change them.

When I first bought this bit holder at my local HD, I thought it was defective as I could not just pull the bit out of it like I do with the non-impact cordless. A simple Google search proved I was not the only one thinking this was a defect when, in fact, it is not. Impact or impact-ready says it all: the bits are held much more securely than in the non-impact tools.

Now, onto the performance of this holder: it does what it's supposed to do - straight or pivot mode, and it comes particularly handy (to me) when I have to reset an electrical box that was mounted not flush with the stud. The only thing (besides the "tight grip") is the pivot tends to snap just a little too easily back to the straight mode, while I use the tool in the pivot mode. Other than that, it works, so I'm giving it 5 stars. I don't mind changing the bits with a pair of pliers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 21 2014
Good thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Really just a "ballast" purchase to bulk up my order total to get free shipping, May 16 2014
David Hateley (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This purchase got my order total over the amount required for free shipping on another item I was purchasing. Looks like a nice addition to my Dewalt collection (if I remember I have it)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 24 2014