Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 8, 2013
Let me start with this: I'm a 50+ y/o handywoman with a bit of arthritis in my joints, incl. my fingers. Removing the bits from this pivoting bit holder is a bit of a challenge for me, but it can be done. Yes, I have to use pliers to do it but, so what? At least the bits are held (very) securely in place, so I can do the work knowing they will stay put, until I need to change them.

When I first bought this bit holder at my local HD, I thought it was defective as I could not just pull the bit out of it like I do with the non-impact cordless. A simple Google search proved I was not the only one thinking this was a defect when, in fact, it is not. Impact or impact-ready says it all: the bits are held much more securely than in the non-impact tools.

Now, onto the performance of this holder: it does what it's supposed to do - straight or pivot mode, and it comes particularly handy (to me) when I have to reset an electrical box that was mounted not flush with the stud. The only thing (besides the "tight grip") is the pivot tends to snap just a little too easily back to the straight mode, while I use the tool in the pivot mode. Other than that, it works, so I'm giving it 5 stars. I don't mind changing the bits with a pair of pliers.
on June 23, 2014
This bit holder is used more by myself to hold the bits in place as opposed to using the angle feature. I was constantly losing the small bits as they would separate from the other style holder. Good tool especially for decking or other inverted work.
on August 27, 2015
To pull the screw bit out of the adapter, you really need a pliers to pull it out.It has a detent ring inside which which makes changing bits pretty tough . If its a long bit it can be pulled out by hand if you get a good grip but its still tough. I would look for a different product
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 11, 2015
It's alright. The pivot is good enough for those times when you really NEEEED that bit of an angle. But it's way too eager to snap back from being pivoted to it's 180º configuration. Which is frustrating, when you're working in tight, unfriendly spaces. Having said that, this unit DID help when the time came, so I'm happy in that regard. Is it worth $10? It was for me. Your results may vary.

Just keep in mind that it doesn't pivot that much - 30º at most, IF that. The advertised degree is 20º and that seems about right. Get a protractor and draw yourself a 20º angle - and you'll know if this tool is going to work for YOUR task.
on May 21, 2014
Nice tool to own, works fantastic as a bit holder and grabs those short bit excellent (to all those complaining about being too hard to remove bits.....ditto..... mine is hard to remove but I can do it with bare hands ie wiggle,, and as far as I'm concerned not leaving the bit in every second screw is what i was looking for.... I can finally use up all those short bits) As for the pivoting head... nice feature but not practicle for everyday use..... does come in handy on those few occasions you need to remove a hard to reach screw but for the most part I use mine as a straight drive bit holder so I can use those short dewalt bits
on May 18, 2015
Very useful tool as it allows drill or impact driver access to some pretty tight spots. I would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't failed in less than a year (of home-owner-renovating-his-house type of service). So, because it is such a great tool, I gave it 2 stars rather than 0. And you know what, I'll probably buy another one because there isn't anything else out there that does what it does...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Arrived in a timely manner and is exactly as described. Easy to use (pay attention to the picture showing the use of pliers) and a handy and safe time saver. I'd buy it again and recommend it to both hobbyist and professional. Great purchase.
on November 18, 2012
Really people, please ignore the previous reviews for this product, I just bought this item recently and I can say one thing, it does the job and does it well. As for the bit that takes effort to pull out, boo hoo, its not that hard, yes you can't grip it with bare hands, its meant to stay in and not come out easily, but honestly pliers make it a joke and those who say they had trouble even then getting it out must have no upper body strength, hell i can get it out with rubber gloves. If you buy this product do not remove the ring inside, you will find yourself with ruined bits much faster if not secured in the way it was designed.
on June 5, 2015
Stop stripping bolts/nuts & buy this! Works great for removing carb bolts from my lawn mowers. Good quality & saves a lot of time & frustration with repairs.
on October 27, 2015
It helps in some case,but it doesn't lock itself at the angle and bounce back to straight easily.