summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Color: Empire Red|Change

We received this as a Christmas gift and I have to say that so far, I'm quite impressed. It's not the world's biggest mixer, but unless you are very serious about your baking, it's more than big enough to handle most jobs. It's small size and sleek design means that it actually looks pretty good out of the counter where it doesn't take up too much space. That saves a lot of hefting it in and out between uses.

As for it's operation, it's quite quiet yet appears to be reasonably powerful. We haven't tried really heavy doughs in it yet, but it whipped through basic cookie and cake mixes well enough. It comes with a heavy mixer, a wire mixer, and a dough mixer. These attachments are not dishwasher safe, so they have to be washed by hand, which is perhaps the only drawback I can think of. The bowl is stainless steel so it's good to go.

Even though mine was a gift, seeing the price on Amazon now, the price for value on this unit is pretty hard to beat. I certainly wouldn't expect a good looking, hard working, high-quality KitchenAid for this price, so if you're looking for a solid medium-duty mixer for the kitchen, I can recommend this mixer strongly.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 9, 2012
This is my very favourite kitchen appliance. Do NOT put your attachments in the dishwasher! Hand wash only! If there was a clever cord storage system it would be perfect. I have not found one recipe that this beast cannot conquer. It is very powerful and looks lovely on the kitchen counter. It is very heavy though, and not something I would want to pull in and out of storage. It holds a place of honour on the kitchen counter. Beats the pants off of any hand mixer you will ever find. If you can get this machine for under $300, it's a deal. The batter is like silk when you pour it into pans, it is far superior to even the champion hand mixer. It seems to make baking even easier and it cleans up well. Make sure to clean it right away so batter does not get crusty, you don't want to be taking a scrubber to this pretty appliance.
on January 16, 2013
Plenty of solid reviews about the mixer, so no more to add. I gave the mixer 3 stars because Kitchenaid has not included a quality beater bar. This is a food mixer, the mixing attachements should be usable. After one use I washed everything up, and put it away. When I went to use it a 2nd time, a horrid black oxidization had occured on the flat beater bar. This was really nasty and was all over my hands. I hope that a through scour with an SOS pad will remove everything. Not exactly encouraging for a product with the sole function is mix food. I have never seen this with a kitchen appliance before. Ive order the beater with the scraper attachement and hope it is made of better stuff. No excuse for this.
on February 4, 2012
This is an excellent mixer! I got this for my gf and she loved it.. and I love it, as I have had many cakes created for me using it!!

She has used other mixers.. and says this is the best one she has ever used!

Great purchase.. at a great price!! Highly recomended!
on January 29, 2012
This is a great mixer, as to be expected from a KitchenAid product. The only complaint I would have is that the attachments oxidize when washed. It was a bit of a challenge to get them back to a usable condition, but I haven't had any issues since.
on January 27, 2012
Very well built product. One mixer combines multiple products into one. Makes work quick on recipes, I used it to make a huge batch for quick breads. They turned out fantastic!
on February 11, 2012
We have used this mixer for years, they are trully the best home and commercial mixer you can buy, reliability will prove it'self over the years. this one was purchased for a friend as ours will last a lifetime.
on January 27, 2012
I got the icecream maker attachment to this. I am having so much fun making all these exotic flavours of ice cream that I haven't used it for anything else yet. I must say however that getting the kitchen aid mix master, was long over due.
on February 26, 2013
I would highly recommend this product. Wanted to buy it for a long time and I can't believe that waited for so long... it does the work and does it perfect!
on January 27, 2014
does the mixing nicely only problem is it wiggles if not held firmly on high speeds and the locking mechanism pivots on a shaft that can come out and hence will dislodge top and bottom with out giving you a warning and can result in injury. Thats only when u move it a lot otherwise u will be fine. Overall like the machine. 5/5