5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, but powerful unit

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mixer, horrible beater included
Published 21 months ago by Spensar

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, but powerful unit, Dec 29 2011
A. Volk (Canada) - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (#1 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: KitchenAid KSM95ER Ultra Power Stand Mixer, Empire Red (Kitchen)
We received this as a Christmas gift and I have to say that so far, I'm quite impressed. It's not the world's biggest mixer, but unless you are very serious about your baking, it's more than big enough to handle most jobs. It's small size and sleek design means that it actually looks pretty good out of the counter where it doesn't take up too much space. That saves a lot of hefting it in and out between uses.

As for it's operation, it's quite quiet yet appears to be reasonably powerful. We haven't tried really heavy doughs in it yet, but it whipped through basic cookie and cake mixes well enough. It comes with a heavy mixer, a wire mixer, and a dough mixer. These attachments are not dishwasher safe, so they have to be washed by hand, which is perhaps the only drawback I can think of. The bowl is stainless steel so it's good to go.

Even though mine was a gift, seeing the price on Amazon now, the price for value on this unit is pretty hard to beat. I certainly wouldn't expect a good looking, hard working, high-quality KitchenAid for this price, so if you're looking for a solid medium-duty mixer for the kitchen, I can recommend this mixer strongly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Jan. 9 2012
This is my very favourite kitchen appliance. Do NOT put your attachments in the dishwasher! Hand wash only! If there was a clever cord storage system it would be perfect. I have not found one recipe that this beast cannot conquer. It is very powerful and looks lovely on the kitchen counter. It is very heavy though, and not something I would want to pull in and out of storage. It holds a place of honour on the kitchen counter. Beats the pants off of any hand mixer you will ever find. If you can get this machine for under $300, it's a deal. The batter is like silk when you pour it into pans, it is far superior to even the champion hand mixer. It seems to make baking even easier and it cleans up well. Make sure to clean it right away so batter does not get crusty, you don't want to be taking a scrubber to this pretty appliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mixer!, Feb. 4 2012
This is an excellent mixer! I got this for my gf and she loved it.. and I love it, as I have had many cakes created for me using it!!

She has used other mixers.. and says this is the best one she has ever used!

Great purchase.. at a great price!! Highly recomended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mixer for the most part, Jan. 29 2012
This is a great mixer, as to be expected from a KitchenAid product. The only complaint I would have is that the attachments oxidize when washed. It was a bit of a challenge to get them back to a usable condition, but I haven't had any issues since.

5.0 out of 5 stars my first kitchenaid, Jan. 27 2012
Very well built product. One mixer combines multiple products into one. Makes work quick on recipes, I used it to make a huge batch for quick breads. They turned out fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid KSM95ER Ultra Power Stand Mixer, Empire Red, Feb. 11 2012
We have used this mixer for years, they are trully the best home and commercial mixer you can buy, reliability will prove it'self over the years. this one was purchased for a friend as ours will last a lifetime.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mixer, horrible beater included, Jan. 16 2013
Spensar (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Plenty of solid reviews about the mixer, so no more to add. I gave the mixer 3 stars because Kitchenaid has not included a quality beater bar. This is a food mixer, the mixing attachements should be usable. After one use I washed everything up, and put it away. When I went to use it a 2nd time, a horrid black oxidization had occured on the flat beater bar. This was really nasty and was all over my hands. I hope that a through scour with an SOS pad will remove everything. Not exactly encouraging for a product with the sole function is mix food. I have never seen this with a kitchen appliance before. Ive order the beater with the scraper attachement and hope it is made of better stuff. No excuse for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars ice cream maker attachment, Jan. 27 2012
I got the icecream maker attachment to this. I am having so much fun making all these exotic flavours of ice cream that I haven't used it for anything else yet. I must say however that getting the kitchen aid mix master, was long over due.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good buy when on sale, March 26 2013
I bought this a little over a year ago. Got it on sale for a good price. In hindsight, I should have gotten the model with a higher wattage rating of 325W (this model is only 300W).

It works great for doing brownies, banana bread etc., but it does struggle a little when mixing bread dough.

Also, did not notice that the bowl did not have a handle until I opened the package. Makes it a little hard to hang onto while pouring contents into pan, and it makes it hard to unlock it from the mount.

All in all, this is a good machine, but I feel that Kitchen Aid cheapens their image by downgrading the quality of the machine to this degree. Good value for what I paid. I would buy again, but would spend a bit more and get one with bigger bowl and higher wattage rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars the great mixer!, Feb. 26 2013
I would highly recommend this product. Wanted to buy it for a long time and I can't believe that waited for so long... it does the work and does it perfect!

KitchenAid KSM95ER Ultra Power Stand Mixer, Empire Red