5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly greatest gaming experience I've had
Published on June 29 2009 by Dustin Brody

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
It was ok, I like the second one better though. I always run out of ammo, and there a more enemys than they needed and there a lot better than uncharted 2
Published 8 months ago by Nathan Morgan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly greatest gaming experience I've had, June 29 2009
Dustin Brody "Brodehouse" (Winnipeg, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
This game is just about everything I've wanted from a game. Incredibly cinematic experience with vibrant characters, a protagonist with actual charisma, great graphical style with the lush colors and detailed animations, and the athleticism of Nathan mixed with the cover system turns many encounters into a sort of combat sandbox. He can hide behind almost anything, and many battles will end up shifting and developing within the encounter. You may start off hiding behind a church pew as you pick off snipers and roll from foot soldiers throwing the occasional grenade, but then the door behind you opens up and you find yourself running to the pulpit for cover as you hose down guys with shotties from long range. Not to mention, it has some of the most humane jumping puzzles out there. Nathan will actually go where he should most times, which is better than most. The puzzles are not very brain busting in the least, but it seems their aim was more to have you take 30 seconds to think rather than get hung up for 30 minutes, thus delaying your fun and your narrative progression.

Great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest adventure game of all time!, Feb. 20 2009
Danny Sanborn "Danny Neil Sanborn" (Bromont, Quebec) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
Uncharted-Drake's Fortune is top quality all the way! The audio and music are amazing, the graphics are stunning, the AI of the enemies is very well done, the physics are great. The story is it's greatest strength, more than worthy of being a feature blockbuster film than a game, the epitomy of indepth experience, this game puts you into a world and holds your full attention.
Uncharted is the best game I've played on the PS3 and possibly ever, a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent adventure!, June 18 2009
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
If you like adventure games, this one is as good as it gets. Nathan Drake is a modern day Indiana Jones, well, minus the fedora hat and the whip.
The game looks beautiful, the voice-over is excellent, the story is interesting and pushes you through the game, and the great musical score adds to the experience.
Do not turn away from this game just because some people categorize it as a shooter; it's not just that, and it's quite accessible, even on the "hard" setting. The game play has a mix of over the shoulder shooting, with a good (but not perfect) cover system, exploration, puzzle-solving (this aspect is a tad superficial) and platforming. All of these components have probably been done elsewhere better, but the cool thing about the game is that it blends all these for an outcome that's never boring and repetitive; there's excellent pacing and alternating of all these game styles that will keep the experience fresh.
Like many of the new generation of games, it is rather short, but that is a minor complaint, as I find that I'm no longer able or willing to invest the time needed to finish long games.
There are some camera issues, but that's another minor gripe.
Replay value is there through trophies (quite an addictive endeavor, and none of these trophies are frustratingly hard to get, or out of reach of most gamers) and secret treasures sprinkled around the environment.
A sequel, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, is scheduled for Fall of this year, and you might want to give this game a try before then. If you are not obsessed with completing games 100%, and getting all the secrets, you might want to rent it, as you can probably finish the game in about 10 hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, Feb. 1 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
This game was one of the early PS3 games released, yet I only bought it not too long ago. The cinematic approach of this 3rd person shooter is great, the story pulls you in (even if it isn't anything new or particularly good). However, big turnoff, this adventure is over way too soon. I finished it in one day, in a total of 6 hours, and I usually never play shooter games. Sure, I was absorbed in it, and sure, it's not easy and I died a lot of times (I think I must have restarted the final boss battle over 20 times), but it is still a really short game without any multiplayer option. Because of this, I'm currently not sure if I'll buy Uncharted 2 or not (even if it has multiplayer, I know I'll only play the game for the single-player campaign and be done with it, and at a 50$ pricetag it's really expensive). Anyway, give Uncharted: Drake's Fortune a try, it's a really good game even if it's short, just try to find it as cheap as you can.

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW! and I don't even like shooters!, Dec 29 2007
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
Uncharted is a third person action/adventure/shooter game.

This game was absolutely fantastic. I'm usually a more slash and dice player - God of War is my favourite. However, I have to admit that I loved this game. First it's gorgeous, second it has a great and entertaining story, third the controls are very smooth, and fourth it is fun! I bought it because I tought my son would love it and so he did - it's his personnal favourite for 2007. I did not really thing I would like it because I just don't like shooters (especially first person). But Uncharted has really changed my mind about them!

The only reason why I did not give the game a full 5 stars (although I would have liked to have given it 4 and a half) is because sometimes there are just too many enemies popping up, making it very hard at times.

However, it is amazing fun so I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Run! Duck! Shoot! - Run Drake Run!, April 14 2010
B. Young "Takk" (Toronto) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
I purchased this in the bundle with a Shock 3 controller. ( $6.00 for the game) :)
I started playing 1 month ago and should finish in the next day or so.
FUN! FUN! FUN! The visuals are incredible as is the soundtrack. The best I've played or seen.
I really like the Silent Hill series ESPECIALLY because of the environments and textures. This game is superior to those in this aspect. The most fun I've had shooting and dying! :)
IT IS Fun! The best adventure I've had.

Dunn nun nah......... nah..........nah.........nun nun nahhhh...........naahhhh........nahhh.....na na na nu nah....................
(soundtrack music)

5.0 out of 5 stars How could you not like it., May 3 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
Sure it's not as good as it's 2 sequels, but it's the first game in one of the best ever series on PS3. If you haven't played it, it's never too late.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in almost any way, Feb. 15 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
A lot to do, great story and caracters, great action sets. Lots of vehicles. Lots of funny puzzles.

A little short though. Very beautiful game, I was charmed from beginning to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good game!, Oct. 24 2008
Robert Reid (Toronto) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
Amazing graphics, awesome story line in true Indiana Jones fashion!

The cut scenes are not so long that you want to beat your head against the table (Hellooo Metal Gear), and the game play is diverse; from puzzle solving, treasure searching, level exploring, duck and dodge shoot outs, too flat out panicked-kill-baddy-as-quickly-as-you-can gun play, with a variety of weapons.

Did i mention this game looks amazing???!

5.0 out of 5 stars will certainly buy the sequel!, Sept. 14 2009
Buffyvssatan (Montreal, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
I was pretty sure that I would like this game because it looked a lot like Tomb Raider. In fact, it's very similar to the Lara Croft's adventures minus the bugs and the glitches which is obviously a great thing.

There's also less puzzles, more action and a little bit of comedy. The story made me laugh a couple of times. Nathan is funny; a rare kind of video game characters I think.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - PlayStation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 12.38