5.0 out of 5 stars 72 Complete is Outstanding, April 12 2010
Stephen Ameling "hockey fan" (Akron, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: '72 Complete: The Ultimate Collector's Edition of the 1972 Summit Series (DVD)
I have throughly enjoyed this product! I've been a hockey fan since my college days at Bowling Green State University 1980-84. I mention this because 1984 was the year BGSU won the American National Collegiate Hockey Championship (with mostly Canadian players!). I've been a fan of this sport ever since.

I love watching the 72 Summit series because it represents the best in Hockey. The skill and ability of these two teams was amazing. Would love to have seen these games in High Definition, but that did not exist in 1972. Also, the authentic feeling that I get from watching the old broadcasts would be lacking if the video was crystal clear with flawless audio.

I have intentionally not looked up the outcome of each game prior to viewing it. I know how the series ends, but want to experience the excitement of each game. I just finished watching game 5 which ended with the Soviet's making an amazing comeback for the win. At this point in the series, I don't know how Team Canada found a way to win it. Please understand, they had a great team, but this loss put them in a do or die situation for the remainder of the series with three games to go and an outstanding opponent.

I made the mistake of watching the first five games of the Summit series before attending a minor league hockey game in Cleveland, Ohio on Saturday. As your might expect, the quality of hockey was lacking as compared to, well, any higher level, but especially the Summit series. The minor league players try real hard, but just don't have the skating, puck handling, shooting etc...skills to match. My wife told me "so what did you expect?" which shut me up.

As you might quess, I highly recommend this product to anyone who likes hockey. It is simply outstanding!

Stephen A.
USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic historic collection, Feb. 28 2010
I'm tremendously satisfied with this complete collection of all 8 1972 Summit Series games + an ample supplement of documentary material filmed in 1972 and later.
It's all very exciting, takes you back to right when it was happening. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, Sept. 23 2010
An excellent piece of Canadian history that every Canadian should watch at least once. Great quality, low price, and shipped to your door. What else can I say-I'm not even a hockey fan!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A memorable Canadian occasion, July 29 2013
This was a gift but I have heard no adverse comments from the recipient which leads me to believe it was received with pleasure

5.0 out of 5 stars Was a gift for Dad and he loved it, May 21 2013
Todd Innis (Sault Ste Marie, ON, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 72 Comp Team of the Century (DVD)
Product shipped quickly and I would highly recommend it to any hockey fans. I will definitely shop Amazon again and recommend it to my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, May 3 2011
mikihiko koide (Kawasaki, Kanagawa Japan) - See all my reviews
EXCELLENT!
It reminds me of my stay at MONTREAL in 1970's.
I was 10 years old then, but I still remeber the GAMES.
Specially, we saw the games at MOSCOW on TV at school,
stopping the classes.
This DVD set told me that I was very lucky to see
the face-off of the century.

5.0 out of 5 stars '72 Summit Series, Feb. 5 2014
Would have been nice if the original reception of series had been better, and if there had been subtitles for hearing impaired viewers, but back in those days subtitles and/or captions were in the distant future. The series itself is a lot of fun, though, can't believe all those Canadian/American players without helmets!!!

'72 Complete: The Ultimate Collector's Edition of the 1972 Summit Series