4.0 out of 5 stars Made a big change on my LG 55LH90
Published on Sept. 25 2009 by Peter Browne

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok but not great, especially for beginners.
Published 17 months ago by G Bruce Barrington

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Made a big change on my LG 55LH90, Sept. 25 2009
Peter Browne (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Took a few times going back and relistening, but that's standard doing anything new! Once I caught on to what they were trying to tell me, it calibrated as good as it's going to get without spending hundreds of dollars. Did all the LCDs in the house that I'd done previously (I was darn close from doing visual calibrations before)Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] but I was off on the Sharpness setups - once setup, all the sets look decidely better. Purchasing another 2 for my son and daughter to do theirs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Video Essentials BluRay, March 23 2010
Peter Hall (Regina, SK Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I used it to set up my 50" Samsung Plasma. It took well over an hour to go through everything, but after watching the whole thing it only took me 10-15 minutes to do the actual setup.
Before the setup I was trying to set up the set by eye. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong. I'd fix one thing and then something else would look bad. After using the DVE setup disc, everything looks great. DEFINITELY worth the money! What's $20 after spending over a $1000 on the TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, Sept. 25 2009
Kevin Schultz "Zombie_76" (Lashburn, SK Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I had purchased this product to calibrate my new Samsung LCD. After using the product, I realized that they did a decent job of calibrating the television at the factory and just required tweaks here and there. shipping and ordering were absolutely hassle free and easy as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Calibration Disk, March 15 2010
Glenn Clements (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials Series sets the benchmark for all other calibration disks. This disk is an updated version of his original, with menus which are much easiser to navigate. Much of the instructional material is re-used from the original disk, but some of the calibration patterns have been updated.

If you already own the original DVE, then you don't need to rush out and get this. I had calibrated one HDTV with the orignial DVE, loaned the disk to a friend and it never came back. I have since picked up three addiontal HDTV's (which needed calibration) so I got this disk. The new TV's came out much improved. When I re-ran the calibration on the original set, the settings came out virtually identical to the settings I had with the orignial Disk.

If you are in the market for a calibration disk, then this is my top reference. It's not the prettiest. It's not the easiest. But it is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely Essential, March 5 2010
BraunU (Montreal, QC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Very educational about all aspects of HD television. This item was really an eye opener. I passed it to two of my friends and it made them realize that the settings on their tv's did not permit them to achieve optimal viewing. Unlike my Sony, some of the menus were unaccessable or hidden on their tv's. This Blu-Ray went a long way to fixing many of the issues I was not happy about on my tv. I also educated me about how some of the settings operate - in particular the contrast level, black and white levels. I thoroughly recommend this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok but not great, especially for beginners., July 17 2013
This is more of a discussion disc that a guided tutorial to help you set up your tv. It contains lots of targets that would be very useful but not enough interactivity to show you how to use them. So if you already know how to use the charts it's ok. If you want more help on how to actually set up a tv then Disney WoW or Spears and Munsell are better bets. WoW for raw beginners.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with DVE, April 7 2011
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I have previously used an Avia product for a CRT type set and was totally happy. Unfortunatly this product falls short of my expectations. My biggest disappointment is with the color adjustment patterns and instructions. The instructions are limited to adjusting the color and tint on the flat screen however my Sharp TV has many more available adjustments including saturation etc. There are lots of video test patterns available on the DVD but not really any instructions on how to use them. I did not look at the audio section on the dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something I needed, Jan. 23 2014
I have a surround system and new tv, the surround has a built in microphone to adjust speaker settings and surround automatically. This tutorial and set up Blu Ray covers much much more. I would recommend this to anyone setting up their tv and/or surround system. Install like the professionals!

5.0 out of 5 stars great tool for calibration, June 24 2012
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This video is a great tool for the calibration process. Even though I couldn't calibrate my tv accurately (old technology plasma), this video helped me see the limitations of my 7 year old plasma tv.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, Sept. 26 2014
Shaun M Holst (Waterloo, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
could have had some more instruction to make it easier to use

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›