4.0 out of 5 stars Made a big change on my LG 55LH90
Published on Sept. 25 2009 by Peter Browne

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok but not great, especially for beginners.
Published 9 months ago by G Bruce Barrington

4.0 out of 5 stars Made a big change on my LG 55LH90, Sept. 25 2009
Peter Browne (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Took a few times going back and relistening, but that's standard doing anything new! Once I caught on to what they were trying to tell me, it calibrated as good as it's going to get without spending hundreds of dollars. Did all the LCDs in the house that I'd done previously (I was darn close from doing visual calibrations before)Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] but I was off on the Sharpness setups - once setup, all the sets look decidely better. Purchasing another 2 for my son and daughter to do theirs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Video Essentials BluRay, March 23 2010
Peter Hall (Regina, SK Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I used it to set up my 50" Samsung Plasma. It took well over an hour to go through everything, but after watching the whole thing it only took me 10-15 minutes to do the actual setup.
Before the setup I was trying to set up the set by eye. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong. I'd fix one thing and then something else would look bad. After using the DVE setup disc, everything looks great. DEFINITELY worth the money! What's $20 after spending over a $1000 on the TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, Sept. 25 2009
Kevin Schultz "Zombie_76" (Lashburn, SK Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I had purchased this product to calibrate my new Samsung LCD. After using the product, I realized that they did a decent job of calibrating the television at the factory and just required tweaks here and there. shipping and ordering were absolutely hassle free and easy as possible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok but not great, especially for beginners., July 17 2013
This is more of a discussion disc that a guided tutorial to help you set up your tv. It contains lots of targets that would be very useful but not enough interactivity to show you how to use them. So if you already know how to use the charts it's ok. If you want more help on how to actually set up a tv then Disney WoW or Spears and Munsell are better bets. WoW for raw beginners.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with DVE, April 7 2011
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I have previously used an Avia product for a CRT type set and was totally happy. Unfortunatly this product falls short of my expectations. My biggest disappointment is with the color adjustment patterns and instructions. The instructions are limited to adjusting the color and tint on the flat screen however my Sharp TV has many more available adjustments including saturation etc. There are lots of video test patterns available on the DVD but not really any instructions on how to use them. I did not look at the audio section on the dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something I needed, Jan. 23 2014
I have a surround system and new tv, the surround has a built in microphone to adjust speaker settings and surround automatically. This tutorial and set up Blu Ray covers much much more. I would recommend this to anyone setting up their tv and/or surround system. Install like the professionals!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for setting up your HD TV, Aug. 10 2013
Keith Smith "Keith" (Winnipeg, MB, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I found this product very useful for setting up my HD TV, well worth the purchase price.

Thirty days after my new TV arrived I had a professional calibration done.

And this calibration was good for about a year. But then a year passed and it was time to re-tune the color.

I found this blu-ray and the see-through color films it comes with enabled me to get my colors and white balance exactly right, maybe even better than the professional calibration.

It also helps with room set up.

It does not help much at all with non-color set up, the specifics of specific models of TV.

You can supplement this blu-ray by searching the web on the model number of your TV. You can generally find others discussing your model TV and the settings they are using. That is a big help in understanding and adjusting the non-color settings.

If you can't afford a professional tune-up once a year, I recommend buying this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tool for calibration, June 24 2012
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This video is a great tool for the calibration process. Even though I couldn't calibrate my tv accurately (old technology plasma), this video helped me see the limitations of my 7 year old plasma tv.

2.0 out of 5 stars Compliqué pour quoi?, Feb. 16 2013
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
J'avais le disque AVIA pour DVD qui était beaucoup plus facile à utiliser. Je me considère moyennement techky mais il est très facile de se perdre dans les menus et les outils de ce blu-ray.

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't know there'd be a test!, May 12 2012
This review is from: Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I`m in total agreement with the other bad reviews for this product.

It is quite educational about TV setup, but it is NOT a step-by-step guide for you to calibrate your TV as the video progresses. I would equate this product to taking a class on the subject, taking notes along the way, and then going home to calibrate your TV afterwards. The concepts are explained, the test patterns are shown, but it is not set up to perform the adjustments along the way.

My advice: don't waste the twenty bucks for this unless you want to take a class with a test at the end.

ARRAY(0xc34ab99c)